Left in the Lurch!

psychic sue

Last Friday I worked as a reader for "Fright Nights" which is a company which does Ghost Tours, Ghost Hunts, Vigils and Psychic Suppers in the West Midlands UK. I worked at a place called Middleton Hall.

There were supposed to be three of us - me, my boyfriend Michael and another woman - but the third medium didn't turn up! I had a feeling she wouldn't. Then at 8.30pm (the evening began at 9pm after the guests had eaten their meal) the boss announced he had to go - someone had let him down at another venue. Would Michael mind hosting the evening too and then taking everyone on the Ghost hunt? So there we were, Michael and I and 34 expectant punters!

After the meal we had to gather everyone together, arrange the tables in the hall (it's a kind of stately home) and then read 17 PEOPLE EACH! They had bloody quick readings! Mike said it was OK though, usually they only get a one or two card reading. I threw a few aura readings in too. We split the room in half - took a table each - then swapped half way through so everyone got both of us, if you see what I mean!

Then we took them on the tour (in the dark) and sat in a few pitch black rooms listening and watching - we saw and heard a few things too.

The evening finished at about 11.30pm and everyone seemed to enjoy it - but what a baptism of fire!

Does anyone else do this kind of work?

I think I am working again on Halloween at Alton Towers on "The World's Biggest Ghost Hunt" - I hope a few others join in too! Don't fancy doing that on our own! LOL

Little Baron

Oh, Sue. That really is being left in the lurch. Sounds like you handled it professionally though. And from what you say, you had a little extra company on the ghost tour ;)

LB

Netzach

I was really concerned when I saw the title of this thread . . . but then realised it was in the Professional Tarot forum and not in Chat!

Certainly a baptism of fire - but now you'll be ready for anything!

chrisam-crystals

what i want to know is whether you got the wages that the 3rd member would have got! lol

that sounds like a hell of a lot of readings to do on your own.....well done you!

i've always wanted to go on a ghost tour myself, but no-one will come with me...boo hoo.

jue xx

MysticRose

Hi Sue, I don't do anything similar to that but I sure would love to. There just aren't the haunted houses around here with notoriety like that. There are certainly no tours within a driving distance of us. If you think of a way my husband and I can join in from the united states, please let us know. We both read but my hubby prefers to do healing and reiki stuff. We are both familiar with spirits and spirit work.

There are shows here on tv that are interesting and funny. There is one called Ghost Hunters. Sometimes they actually run away from the ghosts on that one. I'm thinking if one reaches out and touches me, I'm reaching right back and touching it. As far as demonic pushes, we would just push them back. So, seeing those guys on tv run is pretty hysterical to us. lol.

That is the closest we usually get unless we get an occasional private client that needs something (or someone) cleared. Unfortunately, that is hard to advertise due to confidentiality. We have a client scheduled for next Sunday afternoon. She wants her property to sell but the main problem is her and not the property she wants cleared. The property has minor issues but nothing interferring with selling it. She keeps accepting offers from people who are not trustworthy because she feels desperate to sell. Then the escrow falls through. We have tried to tell her before in as kind a way as possible that she needs to adjust her own energy and terms for selling.... She also likes to ask people for their help and then tell them why she can't take their advice until they finally say something she wants to hear. We go the extra mile in trying to work with her because her husband was very kind to us once awhile ago when we really needed it or normally we wouldn't even try with someone like this.

I would just love to be doing friendly ghost tours and giving 17 readings a night! I really love reading about your adventures. Please keep sharing them. :)

MercyMe

There are Ghost Tours in CA, Mystic Rose, depending on the area. I used to live in San Jose and the Winchester Mystery House gives them. A friend of mine in LA was thinking about going to one close to her. So they're there. You can find them if you Google. :)

I live in Fredericksburg, VA. It's an old town that was the home town to several "Founding Fathers" such as George Washington and his family (his mother's home, sister's home, and brother's tavern are all here and all, from what I understand, haunted). James Monroe's home is here, too. This was also a heavily embattled site for the Civil War and the battlefields and cemetaries are positively buzzing with energies. We also have very old churches w/ cemetaries. Aquia Church here is the oldest Episcopal church in the US. I haven't availed myself of the Ghost Tours here, but I plan to. Look around your area, I bet there's something within driving distance.

MysticRose

I live further north near Mt. Shasta, Ca. It is almost all the way to the Oregon border. The last time I looked or tried to look there were a few tours that were long drives and no one was hiring psychics or psychic related services to go along with them. I will look again though as it never hurts to check.

I would not mind travelling if someone wanted to hire me as long as my expenses were covered (gas, clean hotel room, food) and the pay was decent enough to make the trip worthwhile. At this point I would not want to travel just to go on a tour unless I am getting paid to give it or do readings or some other related service where I would be paid. I know you are trying to help and I do appreciate it. Thank you very much! :)

Sue... do you get your expenses paid for? How does that work where you live? Do you have to drive a lot?

psychic sue

Hi Mytic. Yes we do get petrol money and a wage per night. You can stay close to home or travel - depending on what you want to do. Mike and I have just decided to go a bit further afield (mainly to see more spirits!) so we are doing a place in Essex on Saturday night.

BTW - the 17 readings I did were just one or two card readings - they didn't get an in-depth job! It was still tiring though, although I enjoyed it.

Mike does most of the work with the company. He is employed as a medium - he takes people on the tours and tells them what he sees, then helps them to feel things themselves. The he conducts the vigils - all sitting in a circle in the pitch black waiting to see or hear or feel something. The whole evening is 9pm until 5am. I just tag along to those as his girlfriend but I love them!

If anyone in the UK wants to go to one, Google Frightnights. You can even ask for Mike to be the medium - he is one of the best ones they have!

Blessings

Sue x

Phoenix Rising

Your spirit guides work in mysterious ways...Left in the Lurch? maybe..I think it was just the way it was meant to be..you will probably set up your own tour group one day..good on you!!

psychic sue

Hey guys! We heard from the owners yesterday - apparently everyone enjoyed their night and they have asked for us to go back on the 18th November. They really enjoyed themselves and asked for us to go back!

We must have done an OK job!

Sue x