PDA

View Full Version : Rating threads - split from the Sheridan Douglas, new printing thread in Tarot Decks

Rainbow Aurora
22-10-2006, 03:55
Okay... I will show my innocence in technical matters.
How do we rate the thread Moonbow? :confused:

Thanks in anticipation
Rainbow

Sulis
22-10-2006, 04:15
Okay... I will show my innocence in technical matters.
How do we rate the thread Moonbow? :confused:

Thanks in anticipation
Rainbow

Hi Rainbow.

Since Moonbow* is offline, I'll answer your question:)

When you're reading a thread, scroll to the top and at the top of the page on the right hand side you'll see three boxes:
'Thread tools'
'Search this thread'
'Rate this thread'

Just click on 'Rate this thread' and you'll get a drop down box with ratings in it.
Choose the rating you want.

Easy :)

gregory
22-10-2006, 04:22
I would rate it - but this thread doesn't seem to show the rate it button.... :( I do know how to do it - I have rated many others but..... :?:

lark
22-10-2006, 04:27
It's right in the right hand corner gregory, third one over...it says RATE THREAD.

Moonbow
22-10-2006, 04:28
Thanks Sulis,

I've rated it! Yep... it's definitely there.

gregory
22-10-2006, 04:32
I KNOW where the button ought to be. It is NOT on my screen There are but two buttons up there, and neither is a rating one; just tools ane search. HONEST ! I am ever so tech literate - and there are only the two buttons grr.....

Antonius
22-10-2006, 04:49
I KNOW where the button ought to be. It is NOT on my screen There are but two buttons up there, and neither is a rating one; just tools ane search. HONEST ! I am ever so tech literate - and there are only the two buttons grr.....

I haven't got the box either,just Thread tools,and search thread,just as Gregory says No rating button. :mad:

gregory
22-10-2006, 05:05
I haven't got the box either,just Thread tools,and search thread,just as Gregory says No rating button. :mad:

And it's not as if I don't see it with other threads..... I wondered for a minute if it was my settings - but then no threads would show it !

Moonbow
22-10-2006, 05:11
hmmm...

I'm not aware of any reason why you shouldn't have the option as you are both subscribers.

We'll let Solandia know about this.

gregory
22-10-2006, 05:13
What is odd is that it is just this thread... Most threads have it showing..... (should they ALL, though ?)

Antonius
22-10-2006, 05:33
What is odd is that it is just this thread... Most threads have it showing..... (should they ALL, though ?)

"Ditto" same for me as well, some show box some don't.

Emily
22-10-2006, 08:04
I've just checked and I don't have 'rate it' button either - strange

Alta
23-10-2006, 03:28
The 'rate it' capability may be enabled by Forum. So maybe threads in Tech Support cannot be rated.

WolfSpirit
23-10-2006, 03:54
The 'rate it' capability may be enabled by Forum. So maybe threads in Tech Support cannot be rated.

But this is split from the Sheridan-Douglas thread that was in the Tarot Deck Forum. And some threads have ratings there.
I could not rate the Sheridan-Douglas thread either, I also did not have the button.

Fulgour
23-10-2006, 04:06
I am just back from the "Sheridan-Douglas Tarot" thread
in the Decks Forum~and for me there is no RATE button.

I don't think I have ever seen one on any threads here...

I am just back again~ from visiting threads with "STARS"
Even on threads that have been rated, I have no button.

Emily
23-10-2006, 19:25
Hi Fulgour,

After posting in the Sheridan-Douglas thread about having no rate button, I too checked all through the forums and I don't have the 'rate it' button on any of them either - I don't think its something that has just gone missing because I can't recollect ever seeing this button.

Alta
23-10-2006, 21:42
There is just one other possibility that I can think of, because I can see rating buttons in some Forums' threads. The various 'skins' have different reactions. I use the 'plain' skin. There is also the 'Forum default', 'Aeclectic' and the 'no preview' skins. Sometimes they act differently (beyond the obvious).

So folks who see no Rating buttons, anywhere, what skin are you using?

Emily
24-10-2006, 01:11
Hi Marion,

I'm using the 'Aeclectic' skin. I'll have a mess around with my settings and see if it makes a difference.

Edited

No I'm on the 'Forum Default' skin now and it makes no difference, I still haven't got the 'Rate it' button in any of the threads.

Emily
24-10-2006, 02:12
Actually something strange has happened - I now have the 'Rate it' button in the Subscriber section but nowhere else.

Fulgour
24-10-2006, 02:19
Hi :) Emily! Now I've gotta go check all this out!
One of the things I discovered about computers
is that they are REDUNDANT to the maximum....
and the way to cope, is to be redundant too. :laugh:

WolfSpirit
24-10-2006, 04:37
I have not tried everything, but as far as I can see:
I have the rate-it button in Chat, Spirituality, Crystals and Herbs, and all of the Oracle section. And not in any of the Tarot forums.