How to know if court cards are persons or not?

darkmoon84

Hi, in general readings when I get court cards for example knight of wands...how do I know if its refering to a person or a trip??? Sometimes I dont know how to interpret...is it a trip (or whatever) that somebody's going to take or is it a teenager in the querent's life who is influencing him or her??? I geet really confused with Court cards. Are they more likely to represent people??

Please help

Rachey

Hiya darkmoon

I always use to really struggle with the is a person or a trait or something happening, I'm still not that comfortable with court cards but one thing that has started to make it easier for me is to trust whatever first enters my head and go with it, it's usually right as well. So I'd just be more aware of your first reactions when you look at it. Oh and of course practice :)

darkmoon84

thanks! Ill keep that in mind...I think that all the questions I have will be answer with practice and time....its just that I want answers NOW!hehe

thanks again

Rachey

:laugh: Yeah I know that feeling. You could always post your readings and see if anyone can help you or pull another card see if that helps any. Court cards are definately difficult to get your head round and I'm very much like you want to know now lol

Cielo

darkmoon84 said:
thanks! Ill keep that in mind...I think that all the questions I have will be answer with practice and time....its just that I want answers NOW!hehe

thanks again

LOL, ahh yes, I remember being like that as well!!!! I used to wish one could just download all the information directly to the brain without the hassle of having to figure things out on your own.... :p
But in all seriousness now,- I do agree that these things come with a lot of practice...sometimes I see court cards as people, but mostly I see them as traits that reflect the querant and less as events....it depends on the surrounding cards and the question being discussed. I agree with Rachey,- go with your initial impression and see how it fits with everything else!!! :)
Happy study!!! :)

darkmoon84

thanks. The same thing happens to me with major arcana. For example, Im a capricorn so The Devil card would represent me...so when Im giving myself a reading and I get the Devil...is it representing myself?? or just telling me what the card means?? i guess its the same thing with the Court Cards....

Glass Owl

My spreads are filled with the cups cards, especially King, Queen, Page, and sometimes the Knight of Cups. It doesn't matter which deck I use either. About a week ago I finally did some spreads to figure out who/what the cards represented although I strongly suspected it was me and my family. The cards practically jumped up and down that I was correct-- I am the Queen, my daughter is the Page and my husband currently is the King but early in our relationship he was the Knight.

SunChariot

darkmoon84 said:
Hi, in general readings when I get court cards for example knight of wands...how do I know if its refering to a person or a trip??? Sometimes I dont know how to interpret...is it a trip (or whatever) that somebody's going to take or is it a teenager in the querent's life who is influencing him or her??? I geet really confused with Court cards. Are they more likely to represent people??

Please help

When in doubt and when there are more than one way to look at something in Tarot, the way you have to know is to feel inside what it means in that specific instance. There is a lot of intuition involved in Tarot.

There are more than one way to read Tarot. Some people use them as people, some don't. Tarot has a lot of paths, you'll have to find your own in time.

I go through periods were I use them uniquely as people in the querent's life. The suit indicating which part of the querent's life they are affecting. And usually it means that this person has something to teach the querent right now on the issue adn that the querent should go ask their advice.

Then I go through periods when I just read the cards analysing their imagery. And don't relate them back to people. I have been in a period like that for a while, but I think I soon will go back to using them as people.

Both ways can work, it depends on how you want to use the cards. They are your tool to use after all. I think as long as you are clear in your mind what you mean to do with them before you start the reading, whatever method you chose will work for you.

Bar

sharpchick

I tend to read Queens and Kings as people (even if the court card in question is me), and for Pages and Knights, unless the position in the spread actually suggests a person, I look first at the traits of the particular card.