Carl Jung feeling and emotions....

gorgeousbutterfly

i am two books that have different label for what element is in feelings and emotions...
Mary K. Greer's "understanding tarot court" saids "wands are intuitive and feelings are cups" BUT

in Robert M.Place's " the tarot:history,symbolism and divination" wands are feelings and cups is intuition" i'm sooooooooo confused now. what is the correct assocations with the element? why am i reading two books who are have MUCH respect in the tarot community and make such big mistake? lol

thanxs in advance.

euripides

I've always understood cups to be feelings/emotions.

If wands=fire, then that is action, inspiration, perception, which could be regarded as intuition. And feelings in terms of passion, enthusiasm.

There is an intuitive quality to cups too, this I'd think of more as empathy though.

There's always going to be a bit of overlap, I think.

What is the context of each quote? I'm wondering if a bit of context might help. Can you give a precise quote on each from the text?

Euri

Skysteel

I think it makes more sense to align the suits with Keirsey's Temperaments:

SP (Sensory Perception) - 'Artisans', 'Entertainers', 'Operators', seek Pleasure - Wands
NF (Intuitive Feeling) - 'Idealisits', 'Advocates', 'Mentors', seek Identity - Cups
NT (Intuitive Thinking) - 'Rationals', 'Engineers', 'Co-ordinators', seek Knowledge - Swords
SJ (Sensory Judgment) - 'Guardians', 'Administrators', 'Conservators', seek Security - Pentacles

http://www.keirsey.com/matrix.html

Sakura Murasaki

Skysteel said:
I think it makes more sense to align the suits with Keirsey's Temperaments:

SP (Sensory Perception) - 'Artisans', 'Entertainers', 'Operators', seek Pleasure - Wands
NF (Intuitive Feeling) - 'Idealisits', 'Advocates', 'Mentors', seek Identity - Cups
NT (Intuitive Thinking) - 'Rationals', 'Engineers', 'Co-ordinators', seek Knowledge - Swords
SJ (Sensory Judgment) - 'Guardians', 'Administrators', 'Conservators', seek Security - Pentacles

http://www.keirsey.com/matrix.html

Wow, I remember that from my Psychology class! I never thought to relate them to Tarot cards, that is really cool. :D I also took the test to see where I fit in, and I fit with the Protector Guardians. It's kind of funny that they're aligned with Pentacles and I'm an earth sign, too.