Knowing more than I would've liked....

MareSaturni

Hi :)

I believe many of you here do readings for other people. Then you must know that some people come with very complicated situations to ask you about...they share very intimate stuff, hopes and fears and stories and ask you to help them.

So, it happened to me that i was reading for that friend of mine. She wants to know what to do about her current situation. The first time i tried to read, i chose a big spread, because it's a complicated story.
When i was reading, i noticed the story the cards were telling me, while similar to the one she told me, wasn't exactly the same. There was more to it than it seemed, and the girl didn't want to tell me. I read about things she had done (that put her in her current situation), and those weren't exactly 'nice' things. Not that i'm judging her, i just have the feeling she won't like to know that i know about them.

Anyway, it was useless: i ended up knowing more than i'd have liked to know. And i had no idea what do to with this information.

I didn't know how to handle this, so i told her it was a complicated reading, and that i was going to think about it and talk to her later. But the truth is that i don't know what to do: she's close to me, and i have seen things i'm almost sure she didn't want me to know (or she'd have told me herself).

I don't think i can tell her: "hum, i see you have been hiding things eh?" because it seem that i'm prying in her life. But if i don't tell her the truth, i don't believe i'll be helping her. I feel a between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Have you ever faced something similar? I just need some help :(

Sorry if it was a confusing, i'm a bit nervous...

Love,

~YUKO

princessofpelaw

Well I think if she asked you for a reading I would just tell her,she might be waiting for you to say something maybe give her another view of the situation,

Little Baron

Maybe she is hoping, secretly, that you will stumble on these things. Might be easier than just straight-out telling you.

LB

Alta

I not uncommonly see that the querent has 'skimmed over' a lot of (usually messy and unhappy) details around the question. If they didn't want me to know, well, I just sort of hint at these extra details and see what their response is. If they seem relieved then I go into the cards more deeply. But keep in mind I have almost never read for money. One of the professional readers here might respond differently.

MareSaturni

LittleBuddha said:
Maybe she is hoping, secretly, that you will stumble on these things. Might be easier than just straight-out telling you.

Hum...that's a possibility. I guess i'll hint at this and see how she reacts.

Marion said:
I not uncommonly see that the querent has 'skimmed over' a lot of (usually messy and unhappy) details around the question. If they didn't want me to know, well, I just sort of hint at these extra details and see what their response is. If they seem relieved then I go into the cards more deeply. But keep in mind I have almost never read for money. One of the professional readers here might respond differently.

Oh well, i don't read for money either, so it's fine. I might try that. I don't know, something tells me that she won't feel very pleased if i tell her i saw things she wanted to keep hidden =/

Ouch, this is complicated...

~YUKO

gregory

I'd feel my way in - "It seems to me that there is something more here..." and see how it goes down.
If you are afraid of losing a friend - what else can you do ? It isn't quite the same as reading for a client you don't know !

MareSaturni

gregory said:
If you are afraid of losing a friend - what else can you do ? It isn't quite the same as reading for a client you don't know !

Unfortunately it isn't...we think we can be more sincere when reading for a friend, but actually some friends expect you to give them pretty answers because, hey, you are their FRIEND. So your reading will be nicer.

As if you could control that =/

~YUKO

gregory

Exactly. That's why I don't read for anyone who asks (as I would only be asked by people I know !!!) - except here, where people understand these things !
And I would never ask a friend to read, either.

MareSaturni

I don't like reading for friends either, but since they found my mini Secret Tarot inside my bag, they won't leave me alone. AND i also have to deal with the skeptics gang, who keep me asking: "so, you really think you can see the future? eh?"

*headdesk*

I don't ask for friends to read for me, either.
Not that i have any friends that read tarot.

~YUKO

gregory

I tell them firmly that it isn't about seeing the future. Mostly they lose interest on the spot :D