psychic vampire enabler?

Horace

Hi, I could use some advice... I frequently go with a friend of mine to visit her mom, 86, in an Alzheimer's home. She doesn't like to go alone. D doesn't know who we are, but when I hug her, some days she won't let go. I'm figuring she must be absorbing some of my energy, because I'm so tired when I get home. I carry a piece of hematite in my pocket anyway, but in D's case it doesn't seem to be enough. I put lots of white light in and around me and I really enjoy sharing it with her. But what can I carry or use or do that will replenish me quicker? and if I do this a lot, 2 or 3x a week, what do I need to watch for? or does it even matter? thanks for any input. Hh

Kahlie

Learn to shield.

My energy is very high that is why people always run to hug me. I've even been called 'huggable' by grown up people... If you are that tired, you are either too open or somebody is taking what doesn't belong to them. If you are well-balanced and you give off Love Energy while remembering to nourish and nurture yourself, you would be ok.

Ask yourself: "Do you often forget to nurture yourself? Do you have relationships that are always leaving you drained? Do you take enough time to relax?"
If you do answer yes, I'd advise you to learn to say no =) Plus spending some time and reading a book on Energy Healing will help you build up your own energy. That way, if you are tired, you can learn to run up the energy from the earth back into you, and give yourself a boost :)

If you don't have this behaviour and it's only with this single lady, then, imagine yourself shielded by a net or Angels wings. Love Energy can come in, and it can only go out if you sent it. Nasty Energy can't penetrate.

Remember, this person isn't trying to attack you, probably she just needs a lot of energy because she's afraid and alone. The fact that you 'whitelight' yourself might make you show up bright and cuddly for her.

Kahlie

star-lover

i dont know what its like but just wanted to say that phrase psychic vampire enabler seemed a bit negative to me from the outset and after reading the post thought this woman is not trying to harm you - so i guess its just a case of you trying to figure out what to do, what to use to help her and yourself

good luckxxxxx

Rabbit

She's probably confused about things too. My mother has it. It's not fun for them and they are scared! Nice of you to help your friend and her mom.

Sweet Irish Angel

Hey!

as other have said you prob appear very approachable to her and she does not meant to take your energy, maybe if you try grounding yourself with obesidian you will not appear in the white light, also carry clear quarts this will enhance your energy field, black onyx is used for protection, it is a great energy shield. Used for grounding and centering oneself. this might be of benefit to you too :)

hope this is of help to you

ravenest

Horace said:
D doesn't know who we are, but when I hug her, some days she won't let go. I'm figuring she must be absorbing some of my energy, because I'm so tired when I get home.

Awww, the poor ol' darling. She's not a vampire, she just needs some nice energy, and you have it.

What happens is you build up energy and store it, she draws from that and then you feel depleated because you take some time to build up and restore the 'lost' energy.

Next time you hug her try this; dont hold back anything, allow her to draw on you BUT be totally open drawing in all the energy you can from all sources, especially 'universal/cosmic' energy. Concentrate on being an empty and clear channel to the source then she can get energy THROUGH you instead of OFF you.

This process also builds up energy and clarity in the 'channel' and if done correctly both partiers benefeit. if this doesnt work go and see a good chakra 'balancer' or balance your own, you could have a bockage in your system.

memries

I do not totally agree. I am an empath so I can pick up what people have. It works differently for different people. You must find your own path through this as only you can. If it were me I would just stay away from her. You are not equipped to handle it. I do not mean this unkindly but I do have experience and I did learn it the hard way.

Some people feel more than others. Some people give more than others. Also some people receive more than others. It is not a question of being a clear channel if you are an empath. It does not work that way.

ravenest

memries said:
I do not totally agree. I am an empath so I can pick up what people have. It works differently for different people.
Indeed it does, but I find nothing in Horaces post nor profile to suggest that this person has a problem with being an empath.
memries said:
You must find your own path through this as only you can.
Of course, my suggestions are just that, suggestions and suggesting a trial.
memries said:
If it were me I would just stay away from her. You are not equipped to handle it. I do not mean this unkindly but I do have experience and I did learn it the hard way.
To me, THIS seems unkind, denying a poor old lonely person a nice hug, and not just that, you suggest Horace even stays away from her? What makes you think Horace is "not equipped" ? Perhaps you have further info about Horace ?
memries said:
Some people feel more than others. Some people give more than others. Also some people receive more than others. It is not a question of being a clear channel if you are an empath. It does not work that way.

No it doesnt but I feel that people who have trouble with empath energies would benefiet from the exercise of allowing interaction without negative effect.

I am sorry if I have overreacted to your post but " If it were me I would just stay away from her. " pressed a button. I worked for 7 years in a geriatric nursing home and witnessed first hand the results (on the elderly) of similar attitudes.

Indeed, "some people feel more than others. Some people give more than others. Also some people receive more than others."

Dancing Bear

I Use to go see my great grandmother in a nursing/retirement home, and i think it is the place they live in ...... that also is very draining...
I became depressed being in that enviroment, and felt so depleted when i left....God only knows how i am going feel when it is my turn...

I have no help remedies as i never was able to discover one for myself, I just kept reminding myself my great grandma must feel to some degree as i did when i entered the place and took some consolation that i made her day when i visited,

She absolutely hated the place really , God rest her soul!!

i hope i get visitors when i am in one ;)

You are being very kind to help out your friend and her grandma... :love:

celticnoodle

Horace, I cannot offer much in the way of advice or suggestions, but I also wanted to mention what a wonderful friend you are to both the daughter and her mother.

Yes, going to nursing homes can be draining as Dancing Bear menitoned--I agree. I also worked for years in a nursing home and then later with the elderly through the Agency on Aging. I still work as a volunteer with the elderly. Though it can be draining, after I come home and rest up from my visit with them, I feel so good knowing that I brightened their day some. They all look forward to visitors, and again as Dancing Bear mentioned, I hope when I am in a nursing home, I will be lucky enough to have visitors too.

I do hope you don't quit the visits, as I'm sure they mean so much to the mother, and her daughter. No-one likes to be alone. I'm sure one day the blessings will come back to you.