PDA

View Full Version : Bandwidth exceeded today??

LixiPixi
01-11-2006, 14:02
For a good 10 hours today, I have been unable to get to the site. I kept getting the error message that the bandwidth for the server had been over the limit. I was lost without my AT today! :eek:

Did this happen for anyone else? I'm surprised to not see a note about it on the boads.

Don't forget your Nov. 1st "RABBITS"!

LP~

Tansey Ella
01-11-2006, 14:06
edited

Saphyne
01-11-2006, 14:08
Yes happened to me as well and Solandia confirmed the site had indeed exceeded its bandwith in an email to me.

PixieLi
01-11-2006, 14:12
yes I felt a bit lost also today when I couldn't get on

B*B
Pix:)

zannamarie
01-11-2006, 14:12
This happens from time to time at the end of a month I think.

Here is an old thread - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=36707&highlight=bandwidth

LixiPixi
01-11-2006, 14:27
thank you for the link, zannamarie. Being the end of the month it had occurred to me that may have something to do with it.

I'm glad to hear I wasn't locked out all alone :)

LP~

alphamatrix
01-11-2006, 14:45
Lol, and here I was trying to figure out how we'd exceeded bandwidth on the 1st of November - forgot that it's the 31st there :-)

zannamarie
01-11-2006, 14:59
Lol, and here I was trying to figure out how we'd exceeded bandwidth on the 1st of November - forgot that it's the 31st there :-)Actually I was wondering the same thing as you since it was already the 1st in Australia when I noticed it was down. Maybe it didn't have anything to do with the time of the month...

Amaris
01-11-2006, 15:02
I was lost, too! I'm glad to see the site is back up -- where it belongs. But, on the upside, I did spend more time with my cards today than I usually do. And as a newbie, that's a GOOD thing!

Solandia
01-11-2006, 15:14
The Forum was indeed down for a few hours earlier today, as we'd overrun our bandwidth limit. I hope the withdrawal wasn't too intolerable for anyone :)

~ Solandia

alphamatrix
01-11-2006, 18:10
The Forum was indeed down for a few hours earlier today, as we'd overrun our bandwidth limit. I hope the withdrawal wasn't too intolerable for anyone :)

~ Solandia

I got the shakes, felt a bit lost... but I coped ;-)

huredriel
01-11-2006, 19:43
Ah blissful sighs of relief at being back home (here at AT I mean ;)) ..... I managed, just barely ...... but I managed ;) :D

Sweet Irish Angel
01-11-2006, 19:46
thanx god it is back up, I was getting withdrawl symptoms hehe :)

princessofpelaw
01-11-2006, 20:28
awww home home glorious home :) welcome back A.T misssed you mwaaaaah
lol god I sound like I havnt got a life hahaha

bladeraven
01-11-2006, 23:30
I was twitching, but then Grasshopper got a considerable bounty in Halloween candy so I ended up consoling myself by huddling in the corner and eating chocolate er...testing the candy after Grasshopper went to sleep.....:)

Milfoil
01-11-2006, 23:42
:(

I now realise how totally and utterly addicted I am to this place . . . .

huredriel
02-11-2006, 00:25
:(

I now realise how totally and utterly addicted I am to this place . . . .
:eek: You've only JUST realised? :eek: :D Denial is such a cosy little home ;)

Milfoil
02-11-2006, 00:27
LALALALALALA

I'm not listening fingers in ears

:D

Little Baron
02-11-2006, 00:28
thanx god it is back up, I was getting withdrawl symptoms hehe :)

It was like being locked out of home with no key. Sitting on the doorstep until Solandia came home and let me in from the cold, lol

LB

huredriel
02-11-2006, 00:33
and the shivers from the cold last quite a while, since you have to come out of *shock* as well :D ..... anyone held their breath this morning when they logged back in after the forum was running again?

bladeraven
02-11-2006, 00:37
*blush* actually yes...heart stopping and oh wait..that's from chocolate withdrawal...but yes *blush* did hold my breath...*Kisses the computer screen* so great it's back it's back!

Bad_Calvin
02-11-2006, 00:48
heh, I was lucky I have other online forums I visit. :) Don't think for a minute I was not checking every 15 minutes to see if it was "up yet" though.
You guys are great. lol

huredriel
02-11-2006, 01:02
heh, I was lucky I have other online forums I visit. :)
:eek: You have? :eek: How do you find the time :confused: ...... OK I'm not THAT addicted to AT, honestly ....... I'm not!!!

HearthCricket
02-11-2006, 01:57
and the shivers from the cold last quite a while, since you have to come out of *shock* as well :D ..... anyone held their breath this morning when they logged back in after the forum was running again?

Yes! I thought, of all days, Halloween, when I am having a wonderful time doing readings and some questions and sharing I want to do, I can't get in! Seriously, though, as a subscriber, is there anything I can do to help out with this type of situation? I don't know much about techy things, but was wondering if it was about needing more money to expand bandwidth so this doesn't happen. Just curious....

Al Si'ra
02-11-2006, 05:04
I was soooo dissapointed as i wanted to spend my halloween night on board..and for a minute i just thought what i would do without my AT lol :)
and checked the site every 10 minutes last nite..and noticed that life would be so empty without AT ..

and now i am glad that i am not the only one thinking the same things ;)

:love:
xx

Little Baron
02-11-2006, 05:08
When there was the terrible time of the hacking (remember that?) and it was down for longer than days (how long was it in the end?) and a lot of threads were lost, that was not a good time. I remember taking a look around at other 'general' tarot forums and they were all below average with no indepth study of the cards within them.

Yes, for any tarot enthusiast, AT is a must. of course, there is some stuff on here that can be shallow and of which I am not interested, but there is so much to choose from. The worst at AT was far better than the 'best' on many other forums.

LB

LixiPixi
02-11-2006, 05:18
It was like being locked out of home with no key. Sitting on the doorstep until Solandia came home and let me in from the cold, lol

LB

That's EXACTLY! how it felt for me too - I couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:

LP~ <------taking littleBuddha by the arm and heading to the AT kitchen for hot cocoa and cookies :D

Alta
02-11-2006, 09:08
I was lucky. Usually here a lot, but yesterday I had to be out most of the afternoon and evening, so I was only (in my mind) locked out for about an hour. Which was stressful enough beause like HearthCricket said, I had planned to spend that time on some readings, and OH NO!!!!

Little Baron
02-11-2006, 09:18
It is strange, because AT has become like my cigarette break. Now that I no longer smoke.

I log in inbetween things. I have it with my glass of hot water in the morning. With a cup of tea at 11 (if I have actually moved away from it since the first slot). It is what I do to relax, quite often.

I can't imagine what it would be like to not have it, but then, at uni, I did go for months and months without it. In the first year, I had free internet access but I don't think I came on the site much. I am not sure I could get into it as chat-rooms and the like were unavailable and sythoned out (sp). But through the other years, we didn't have it at 'uni' home and I would take a peek every couple of months in the library - download some threads onto disk or print them out and read them at home in the evening.

LB

MCsea
02-11-2006, 12:40
Originally Posted by LittleBuddha

:thumbsup:

Yep for me too

Im very grateful for this happy place to visit :)

MARINA

brenmck
02-11-2006, 13:42
Actually, I could quit any time.
In fact I've cut way back. Just on a little now and then - maybe six, seven hours a day, but I do other things sometimes. I'm only hurting myself, after all.
I started to hyperventilate, but that was just from running up the stairs to see if the site was back up.
When it finally came back up I realized I'd left the clothes in the dryer for three hours, but I've been a little forgetful lately.
No big deal. :bugeyed:

~B~

RaeBelle
02-11-2006, 14:12
I was really freaked out when the site was down yesterday. I almost reset my router to make sure that everything was cool on my side.

Then I calmed down. I realized it was just a sign for me to subscribe to the site.

So I just did. I should get my little star soon I hope :)