soul cards, how are you using them?

zorya

i know there have been other threads on soul cards, but.....
i just got mine today and i am so excited that i just had to start a new thread!!! hee hee

i decided before i opened them, that i wouldn't use the lwb. the first thing i tried was a 5 card layout, without positions, done as a story. it worked so well, so straight to the issue and direct, that i haven't tried a different kind of spread yet.

so how is everyone else using them? how many cards at a time? are you using particular spreads or positions?

Umbrae

For a daily self-draw, I use the old:

Issues................Thing to clear the issue, or lesson.

Or a four-card story spread.

I tried having a client determine position meanings, without much luck, the readings are scattered.

jade

perhaps that was because so many people wouldn't have the first idea of how to create a balanced spread?

i use mine with the tree of life spread that i use with my tarot cards. i usually do three layouts (10 cards each) one on top of each other cause i still have sooo many cards left over. i have both decks together (soul cards I and II)

have fun with them zorya.

love
jade

ps i didn't know they came with a LWB

emily2otters

zorya,
sounds like what you're doing is right up the soul cards alley! the lwb mostly says you should make it up as you go along.

i don't use them for divination much at all... i guess i did once this spring when my partner and i were having big difficulties that needed some really basic emotional clarification. we both drew three cards and talked at length about what was happening in the cards, how the person depicted might feel, how we felt about it, etc. it was sorta helpful.

i like to use soul cards to show how i'm feeling in the moment... i sort through the cards and pull out 3-4 that speak to me, then narrow it down to one. if i had the right equipment and could do it without damaging or dirtying the cards, i'd hang that chosen card on my door everyday. sort of an em-ometer. :)

i also use them to depict situations and feelings i'd like to manifest in my life. the top shelf of my altar has five soul cards propped up in a line, showing a story from right to left (don't ask me why... they just flowed that way). it reminds me of my goals and fills the room with positive thoughts/colors/energies.