PDA

View Full Version : Error message in PM

Persephone37
04-11-2006, 01:49
After a couple of HOURS I tried to PM a user again and got this error:

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 20 seconds.

Not even going off the board or reloading or waiting for couple of minutes did help. Help me, please!!!

Thx
Petra

Jeannette
04-11-2006, 01:52
I'm getting that message, too -- I was just about to start a thread on it myself. But I was busy adding my 2-cents' to the thread about the clock being off, and how posts are not being added to threads in the proper order or being timestamped correctly. Whaddya wanna bet this post ends up in front of Persephone's, even though she posted first?

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden (http://www.tarotgarden.com?rs=3378)

Edited to add: OK, so I was wrong... this one posted correctly. But there are some really weird things happening, and I still can't send PMs.

Persephone37
04-11-2006, 05:29
Its getting even wors. Now some of the users can't post in my thread but PM me, but I can't PM them and would have to post. Really, it sounds funny, but its quite annoying.

Cheers
Petra

Umbrae
04-11-2006, 05:54
If you are having issues with PM's, posting, or searching...access your 'User CP'

DST settings will kick in and all will be good again...on the other hand, it still won't allow me to search.

Edited to add: This message is complete rubbish, please disregard.

Persephone37
04-11-2006, 06:36
If you are having issues with PM's, posting, or searching...access your 'User CP'

DST settings will kick in and all will be good again...on the other hand, it still won't allow me to search.

Sorry, I have no clue about codings and computer terms. What is DST and what I am supposed to do???

cya
Petra

Jeannette
04-11-2006, 06:47
...access your 'User CP'... DST settings will kick in and all will be good again...
I can't speak for Persephone, but I did that days ago, before the problems started. No problems then, but mondo problems starting this morning. I don't think the DST settings have anything to do with it.

(BTW, Persephone -- DST just means "Daylight Savings Time." The system is supposed to detect when it has to make timestamp adjustments for "normal" time vs. Daylight Savings, for those of us living in geographical locations that have to deal with such things.)

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden (http://www.tarotgarden.com?rs=3378)

Persephone37
04-11-2006, 19:16
That couldn't be the problem anyway, since AT was switching correctly last weekend from daylight saving time back to standard. But anyway, obviously the board got rid of that problem. Thanks to the team!

princessofpelaw
05-11-2006, 01:07
I was having the same problems I couldnt p.m. or post, and I had typed a reading out and couldnt do anything with it, it was off all last night glad it back on :)