Planets-Between-Partners Series: Moon and Venus

dadsnook2000

If Moon and Mercury was a problematic combination to some degree and/or in most cases, then you should just love Moon and Venus combinations. If Moon and Mercury represented talk shows, then Moon and Venus represents romantic sit-coms.

MOON conjunct, sextile, trine VENUS:
These are all considered favorable aspects. Within this particular pairing, the Moon is often within a "domestic" context -- home, familiar places, family functions, small gatherings in comfortable places -- and social activities. All of the good-feeling words come into play; consideration, empathy, harmony, affection, love. The Moon person tends more to be the giving party, the Venus person the recipient in those situations were one is approaching or supporting the other. Venus loves presents, loves being the object or focus of harmonious events and surroundings. But Venus is not a one-way energy, as this planet-person will give away almost everything to achieve balance.

MOON square VENUS:
Unlike many squares, this square tends to be "low-level friction" at its worst and or a spiteful ignoring the other at its "best" or "least-worse." Often, any discord is projected outward to a 3rd party rather than the partner, sort of a protest symbol. When the relationship is strong, the Venus partner may the first to regret any friction, while the Moon partner may remain a little "held back" until the issue is clearly over.

MOON opposite VENUS:
The opposition aspect always concern balance, give and take, a constant tug and pull, some times a confrontation that changes the status of a relationship on a short-term basis. With these two, Moon will tend to be more vocal and objectionable. Venus will be diplomatic, wielding a sword with a smile, showing concern while being spiteful -- hard to describe, but you get the idea. With these two, differences are not long-term affairs, more a short term effort to achieve stability under changing conditions. And there will be frequent changes sparking issues with this opposition, sort of like an antenna wire that takes in signals from the outside world.

A note of caution --
These two planets are easily affected by any other planets that are part of their aspect pattern. In such cases, the Moon-Venus relationship between two charts may need to be viewed in a larger and more complex manner. When, for example, a third planet is involved in both charts -- say, a square in one chart, a sextile in another chart, then how the Moon-Venus pattern works out may be quite different from what I noted herein as typical expressions. It will be interesting to see what is shared. Dave

star-lover

just a couple short thoughts

i agree that other aspects joining in this connection bear alot of weight

i had my venus trine his moon but my pluto opposed his moon

there was trouble but the moon venus trine always smoothed it over in the end - theres a certain tenderness with moon-venus aspects (and if neptune is involved even more so) that seems to bring you back to what its all about

another has his venus trine my moon and my moon square his pluto
same again - were some difficult issues but i found there was a loving something always there to make it right if that makes sense

patterns

dadsnook2000

Interesting

Star-lover, your comments bear out established astrolgical experience: our mild mannered personal (inner) planets and the Moon are influenced by the other planets. While the wife and I do not have Moon-Venus interactions between the charts, my Venus is opposed by her Saturn -- you can visualize that, i'm sure. But, that waits for its story-time.

As you noted, even little Pluto-no-longer-a-planet has the power of influence. Thanks for sharing. Dave.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Will make it

dadsnook2000 said:
After some experience you will find that you can scan a chart and not only see the regular aspects at a glance but you can also pick out aspects based on harmonics such as the fifth, seventh, nineth, etc.

Dave.

Thanks Dave
I've printed your steps up so I can do as you instructed. Sorry to bother you. The help is appreciated.

Barb

dadsnook2000

For Barbaras Ahajusts

We need to perhaps clarify something here. This series of postings is about a planet in your chart aspecting a planet in a partner's chart. These comments are not about a pairing of planets in just one person's chart.

That said, there is something that I can suggest that might make life a little easier for you in terms of measuring aspects.

FIRST, if you are using computer software (your own or an on-line system) then do not print your chart in a "wheel" form but in a 360 degree marked circle form. This latter form shows the planets in their aspectual relationships accurately whereas the wheel type of chart prints the positions but doesn't show the aspectual relationships. Now, if the computer prints the planet-positions inside the degree circle, print out a form and cut out the inner white area leaving the printed sheet with a hole in the center and the 360 degree circle and outside of the sheet intact. If instead your software prints out the chart with the planets outside of the 360 degree circle, then print a form and cut out the 360 degree ring around the outside.

Once you have your cut-out you can take a dark marking pen and indicate the 0 mark with an arrow, then go to the right and the left and mark the 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 135 and 150 degree points (or just those aspect degrees that you want to use). When you want to analyze a chart for aspects, you just lay your cut-out on the printed chart and sequentially place the zero or arrow point on each planet and check to see which other planets are at/near an aspect point.

SECOND, you can use computer software that prints out an aspectarian chart which shows glyphs for each aspect in a grid-box to show you which planets aspect another planet. Or, some programs print out an angular seperation listing which you can have in zodiac-order.

THIRD, you can make an aspect dial out of a piece of thin plastic using a compass and protractor for circles and degree markings. Or you can find a site that relates to Uranian Astrology or Cosmobiology -- these sites may offer or have links to sites that offer what we call a "90 degree dial" used for mid-point work. These are ideal for mechanically finding aspects.

IF YOU WANT TO SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL, I WILL SCAN A PLASTIC DIAL THAT I HAVE AND SEND IT AS AN ATTACHMENT IN AN E-MAIL. YOU CAN THEN PRINT IT OUT -- MOST PRINTERS WILL LET YOU RE-SIZE IT SO THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT A LITTLE SMALLER OR LARGER TO FIT WITH THE CHART FORM YOU USE.

After some experience you will find that you can scan a chart and not only see the regular aspects at a glance but you can also pick out aspects based on harmonics such as the fifth, seventh, nineth, etc.

Dave.

ChangeMyMind

i found that, the moon and venus determind "what type of person you could like" for example, my moon is in sag, and venus in libra. i would like a romantic, fun loving, almost wild individual? could this claim be true?

star-lover

ChangeMyMind said:
i found that, the moon and venus determind "what type of person you could like" for example, my moon is in sag, and venus in libra. i would like a romantic, fun loving, almost wild individual? could this claim be true?

i have the same my moon is in sag and my venus in libra and i can relate to that view :)

i think this thread is about how you get on with others that aspect those placements

i have his moon opposite my venus

its out of sign - its his 2 degree taurus moon via my 29 59 libra venus - it makes sense though - we have a warm and sensitive rapport lol - its a gentle mix which goes to smooth things over when other harsher aspects come into play

also his 21 aries venus is trine my 21 saggy moon

sweet_intuition

Moon Venus Aspects

The good aspects contribute very strongly towards harmony, and increase the affection between the partners. Artistic interests and financial benefits may come through marriage, and the domestic comforts will be improved through these aspects.

Negative aspects on the other hand, while often not themselves disturbing the affections, indicate extravagance, self-indulgence, carelessness, and well, sluttiness, which may drive one of the partner to seek other partners.

In all cases, they tend to indicate some degree of infidelity, however slight, on the part of either partner.