Correct spelling of names??

Pao

Hi all I wanted your opinion on when reading for maybe a third party or over phone or whatever, if you think the spelling of the person's name matters. I think it does because for instance the name Jean and Gene sound the same but are completely different or also david/dave, jon/john, you know.

I usually ask the complete name first and last and the correct spelling. I remember I was read once by someone else and they thought my name was with a U (Paula) and I got a reading that I know wasn't for me.

just wondered your opinion on this matter :)

PaOla (heehee)

Gayla

It just very curteous and considerate to make sure you get the spelling right for someones name...just asking shows that you are interested in the person as a individual and gives the sign you are a detailed oriented reader.

And yes, it could matter very much for the reading if the reading is drawing a name based on your name.

Check this out - you put your name in and it tell you the card associated with your name.

http://www.newagestore.com/tarot/tarot_card_name.asp

Using the correct spelling of my name 'Gayla' I get the moon..a card I totally connect with.

Using 'Gala' I get justice...it's doesn't click with me at all.

Netzach

I think it depends on how intuitively you're reading. When I first started training in intuitive work, I was taught to do name readings - and of course you do need to get it absolutely right in that situation. Also, of course, the numerology will be different if you're spelling it a different way. But if you're relying purely on the cards, it's probably less important.

I very often don't know the surname of the person I'm doing an email reading for. And reading face to face, I don't ask for a name. But it's how important the name feels to you. If you reckon you're picking stuff up intuitively through the person's name then, obviously, it's important to get it right.

Netzach

Gayla said:
Check this out - you put your name in and it tell you the card associated with your name.

http://www.newagestore.com/tarot/tarot_card_name.asp

Using the correct spelling of my name 'Gayla' I get the moon..a card I totally connect with.

Doesn't always work! I've just put my name in - and got the Page of Pentacles, which I don't relate to at all!

Pao

Thank you. Yea I dont usually ask if the person is right there but if I dont know them and for instance on the phone I would think its important, so I ask my guardians and guides to help me get the correct energy and person. after all there are tons of John Smith's out there!! haha

it is also why i dont tend to like getting a reading for myself over IM or email or phone if they dont know me. I feel like well if you have my correct name then you will get the right person but if not the reading is not for me.

MareSaturni

Netzach said:
Doesn't always work! I've just put my name in - and got the Page of Pentacles, which I don't relate to at all!

Well, it doesn't ACCEPT my real last name so how can i believe it... =/

~YUKO

Sweet Irish Angel

B R I L L I A N T

I got the Ace of swords, and really relates to me :)

Im well chuffed with that

sweet_intuition

I got nine of freaking wands... boo

carly

I got the Queen of Swords, the card I identify with most. The physical description was spot on - tall, slender, dark hair, conservative dress. And the personality was just freaky deaky...

Carly xx

(but I used my real name, which everyone knows me by, Caroline Davie)

zach bender

I got queen pentacles under the name "zach bender" and six swords under my "real" name. six swords is perhaps somewhat more appropriate, as I am not yet the queen of anything, but pentacles is certainly on my plate these days.

zb