Reading with new decks

Arania

I'm usually not nervous, but anytime I use a deck for the first time, as in REALLY using it and not just playing around with it - if it is a deck I'll later be able to work with well, I get all nervous and worried, much like stagefright. Or a dentist visit. Can I do this? What if I fo it all wrong? Etc... sometimes I rather not do the reading - always make myself, though.

This also happens if I do readings with decks I know well, but someone has an important question, even if the querent isn't aware how important it is.

Anyone else has that happen? It is kinda weird, as I do Tarot for so long, and I am never put off by readings I don't manage welll, such things happen. It just happened to me when doing the first reading for an exchange - hasn't happened in years and I almost forgot all about it.

MareSaturni

I believe it's because you're nervous. Not a spiritual thing. When you get a new deck, well, you still aren't very familiar to that specific symbolism, you haven't explored all the possibilities (or at least most of them), the deck still doesn't talk to you in a deeper level. So you feel uneasy.

Same thing with the impotant questions: you have a great responsability. What you'll say may affect greatly the sitter. What if you read wrong? What if you make things worst? What if you misunderstand the reading? What if...

It's all in your mind. I too get nervous in situations like this. I guess it takes practice to feel more comfortable, more used to this...

~YUKO