Labradorite = Insomnia??

buddhagoddess

I just received a beautiful labradorite ring and I ended up sleeping with it on my projective hand, middle finger last night. I thought I was exhausted (I even fell asleep looking at one of my tarot decks last night). Well, I had the worst night - I kept waking up completely wired, and I couldn't get back to sleep. I tossed and turned, had odd dreams when I did fall asleep.

Could this have been caused by the ring?

chrisam-crystals

in a word, yes! lol

did you cleanse it before wearing it to bed?

mind you, even if you did it's energy can be so strong as to keep you awake or cause you loads of weird dreams.

it is a stone mostly used for scrying and increasing your psychic abilities, and as such will cause you to dream the most wackiest of dreams!

it is a very strong stone to use, so i would advise cleansing it and then charge it to help you but ask that it keep it's energy on a low level so as not to become an irritation. ;)

jue xx

Chronata

It is very possible that the ring caused a sleepless night.

But it could also be any other factors contributing.

I would experiment with it a bit, if I were you, try some nights on, and some night off.

My experience with labradorite is that it is changeable and moody and makes me more in tune with my fantasies, dreams and illusionary ideas.

sleeping with it nearby, does make me dream very creative, wacky and sometimes highly symbolic dreams...but not 100% of the time.

For me...the one stone that makes me feel the worst insomnia is amethyst.

buddhagoddess

I didn't even think of cleansing it. That was stupid. I live near the ocean. Would salt water (which I know can be very cleansing) damage the stone? It is also in a sterling silver setting. The next full moon won't be for a couple of weeks but I could also put it in a sunny window too. Incense/smudging isn't really an option because I have a toddler son and I would prefer not to expose him to that stuff at the moment. I also have sea salt - I could put the ring in a bowl of that for a couple of days. I also have a clear quartz cluster or an amethyst cluster I could put it on (not sure how long it should sit there) - I think I read somewhere clusters can be used for cleansing.

skygreen

Labradorite often facilitates dream work, astral travel, releasing blockages both calming and energizing according to need. Yes it is quite possible that labradorite could have contributed to restlessness and an agitated night. Did you do anything to clear your mundane issues and set an intention for sound sleep and spiritual dreams? When You don't do something like that as you drift to sleep you may end up spinning through the days' anxieties etc in your dreams .

More than cleasing the stone setting an intention woll keep you on track in your dream time

chrisam-crystals

just a good soapy wash under the tap will suffice. ;)

or place it on any cluster, as ALL clusters will remove negativity regardless of what type of crystal they are.

try to steer away from anything to do with salt or the sea as it is very corrosive, and you would have to wash it afterwards anyway to remove traces of salt.

placing it under a waning moon will remove negativity, you don't have to wait til it is waxing. ;)

jue xx

Elnor

I've been sleeping with a labradorite crystal under my pillow for about 2 months now... it has really helped me to recall my dreams much better- I could sometimes go days or even a week without being able to remember them; now I can have something (even if it's quite vague) to write in my dream journal every morning.

It actually seems to be curing insomnia, in my case! It's taken awhile, but I notice I drop off easier now- and last night went to bed at 11:00, which is unheard of for me...I almost never feel tired before midnight, and usually can't drop off until 1 or 2:00 in the morning.

I did have quite bizarre dreams at first, too- perhaps it just takes a little time to adjust to the enegy of the stone? (I'm not all the experienced with crystals, so am not sure about this.)

Elnor

Sweet Irish Angel

Interesting

Hiya all,

I find it relaxes me & helps me have a good nights sleep :laugh: but it might have the opposite effect if you have not cleansed & charged it lol

Interesting how crystals react differently for each user ;)

Labradorite is meant to aid & promote sleep, as well as the ability to recall dreams. ( which id does brilliantly for me ) ;) It helps decrease anxiety & stressful situations & increase intuition, wisdom & brilliant for psychic development.

It is also brilliant for the metabolism, it also helps if you are trying to loose weight. also amazing for detoxifying the body.

I judt love the crystal, one of my favs ;)