American Tarot Association-Tarot Courses

Adonis

Ahlo All, I've been doing a lot more study on the tarot lately and well came across the American Tarot Associations website again and was wondering If anyones been a part of the ATA, and what you thought of it? How did you like the Free Reading Network, and Has anyone taken the courses they offer? How did you like those? I know that you dont need to pay for courses etc to learn the cards I just like to see whats out there, other peoples perspective of the cards. I've recently taken up yet another beginner tarot course *its free* and it talks a bit baout the kabbalah and its relation to the Tarot. Very interesting. Well Hope to hear back from you :) Thanks!

Adonis

Gayla

Hi Adonis. I am a member of the ATA.

As I understand, at one point, it was a very virbant organization, but not as active as it once was.

I joined and when I signed up to the Free Reading Network, I was unexpectatly blessed with the assignment of a tarot mentor who guides me through a sort of study so to speak via email.

The newsletter is very insightful.

It's was worth the money to me, but if you join don't expect any kind of major activity.

Adonis

Thank you for your reply :) Did you by any chance take their courses?

Gayla

No...I'm still thinking about it...

Piper

I just joined the ATA, and am contemplating taking the course as well.

LixiPixi

I've joined in hopes of having a mentor assigned and doing some free readings, but I haven't heard hide nor hair from anyone since the day I signed up. It's a real shame. I'm considering joining the Canadian one instead (if I'm able to being that I live in the states). It seems to have a lot more activity. I wish the ATA would get their act together.

I've considered the courses, but so far I'm not impressed and don't know if I want to go that far with them at this point.

LP~

Piper

When did you sign up? I signed up yesterday and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm expecting to hear something by Wednesday, if I don't I'll email them.

Gayla

It takes them a loooong time to respond to my membership applications...I even had to write to the current President, who shared with me that she was resigning because of the board does not appear to be fully engaged...

It took him about 3 weeks to respond..and when he did he was very apologetic and said his child had been ill.

Piper

They really shouldn't accept money if they don't give membership immediately. >.<

Startarot

Hello,

I too am a member of ATA. It did take a long time for them to respond even a year ago. From what I understand they are having some difficulties and are looking for people to come on board to assist them. They do have a Yahoo group that speaks more about that. When I joined, I too was assigned a mentor. I never heard from the first one, after repeated emails I was assinged another one. I did work with her for a while and also did some free readings on the network. It was very helpul in learning how to do one card readings. My mentor was also helpful in pushing me to create my own code of ethics.

Blessings,
Star

ps. I too have thought about the Canadian one.. hmmm wonder if they would let us join??