Finger of God Aspect... which finger is he using?

Joermit

Hello, all...

Curious as to some of your thoughts on the finger of god aspect... I have a pretty decent knowledge and familiarity with astrology, but I'm no pro... I do understand a finger of god occurs when two planet in sextile form a pair of inconjuncts that point to a third planet... well I have a doozy of one!

Rx Pluto in my 11th house in Gemini sextiles my Rx Neptune in my 2nd house in Sag.. which then points at and inconjuncts my venus which sits right on my descendent in taurus.. and it's all in about a 2 degree orb...

additionally, my Uranus sits right on my ascendent in opposition to my venus...

now... I've been told I might want to strongly reconsider love relationships at all because of this... they cause me too much stress and I'm just not meant for them... so I was told... after my divorce last year at the ripe ol age of 25, I'm beggining to wonder...lol but I think that's just a bit extreme...

any thoughts? is this aspect really as challenging as it was made out for me??

I'm Aries, Scorpio rising, with a Leo moon (I'm a good person, really!)

I'd appreciate any insights as to this pretty interesting aspect... so... what finger is God using?? I hope it's just using his pinky! lol... thanks!

Joey

sweet_intuition

Hey Joey

The Yod being its astrological name, it is also known as the Finger of God or the Finger of Fate. By its configuration it points to and therefore emphasises one particular planet. It is formed by two planets making a sextile aspect to each other and both of these planets making a quincunx aspect to a third planet. Yod is the Hebrew meaning "blessed" and is said to have a kind of fate about it. At once easy by the sextile, yet made difficult by the quincunx aspects, the Yod points to the ultimate challenge and goal.

That 150 degree angle is called a quincunx, a strange minor aspect that, by itself, is off again, on again, favorable, unfavorable. The two planets making the quincunx seem to be out of joint. Imagine two waves going into and out of phase, first adding and then canceling each other out and you have the picture. Because of this, it is always difficult to say what the effect of a quincunx will be at any particular moment.

The result is steadier in a Yod since the power is focused. The “energy” of the two planets making the sextile seems directed to the house and sign containing that third planet. The effect of a Yod is said to be “fated” or show some special destiny. Oh sure, it sounds really impressive when you tell a client “Hey, you have a special destiny!” However, that’s nothing more than a “Barnum statement” and really says nothing. All that is really going on is an emphasis on one particular area of the life. Nonetheless, this focus frequently seems driven, compelling.

Here are some examples:

Ted Turner has Mars (action, energy) in his 10th house (career) making a sextile with Mercury (communications). The planet that completes the Yod is Uranus (originality, independence) in his 5th house (creativity). Uranus rules everything electrical, including television.

People with Uranus strong in their horoscopes instinctively try to do things that others say are impossible and will never work. Turner was among the first to put a local station on satellite. He also started the Cable News Network (CNN) which was expected to flop.

How about the great number of other people born on the same day as Ted Turner? Why aren’t they all rich and famous? First of all, that Yod doesn’t promise fame and fortune. It simply adds energy and originality to communications. In many areas of the world, these things are frowned upon and aspects like this will only get you into trouble.

Secondly, we have no way of knowing what success the most of those others have had since they are not famous.

Turner’s Yod gets an extra boost because Uranus sits on top of the Moon’s South Node. This adds extra comfort to what we are doing, do much in fact, that it may also seem like we’ve been doing that same thing all our lives.

Henry David Thoreau had Mars (energy, action) making sextile aspects with Mercury (communications) and the Moon (emotions, feelings). The point of the Yod is formed by Jupiter, which rules more than “luck.” Optimism, wisdom, philosophy, and publishing are other things in the domain of this largest planet in our solar system. Thoreau, of course, became famous for writing (Mercury) about his philosophy (Jupiter) of freedom and independence (Mars aspecting Jupiter in Sagittarius).

Gary Hart became famous for blowing his 1988 run for the Democratic presidential nomination by telling the press “Follow me all you want. I’ve got nothing to hide.” They caught him in a tryst with a woman who was not his wife. Back then, in that unenlightened age, this was the kiss of death for his political ambitions. Since that time, of course, Bill Clinton showed us all how to use extramarital affairs to increase your popularity. Gary Hart was born with the Sun in Sagittarius, a sign famous for saying whatever is on its mind. There is a direct channel between the Sagittarian brain and mouth with no filter in between. His Sun is sextile Mars (energy, action). The Yod is formed by the planet Uranus (the unexpected). When someone with a strong Uranus gets in trouble, they are likely to deal with it by ejecting from the situation. Senator Hart found himself faced with reporters who only wanted to ask about his non-political affairs. He abruptly dropped out of the race. A short time later, he tried to get back in again, but it was too late. Ah, if only he had gone on “60 Minutes” with his wife and told Mike Wallace that his private life was nobody’s business!

Oh yes, his Sun, which is part of that Yod, happens to rule his 5th house (romance) and is making a quincunx aspect with Uranus (the unexpected). He should have gone into media, like Ted Turner, instead of politics. Then nobody would have paid much attention to his monkey business. Coincidentally, “Monkey Business” was the name of the yacht that he was on when someone took a picture of Ms. Rice sitting on his lap.

Hope This Helps :)

sweet_intuition

Joermit said:
Hello, all...

additionally, my Uranus sits right on my ascendent in opposition to my venus...

Usually Uranus in the first house by the ascendent shows someone who's misunderstood and in cases shows a kind of estrangement from family members. It also is an indicator that the person is considered to have habbits that others might consider odd and/or eccentric. But it's basically you choosing to march according to your own beat and do what you please. You are an individual and embrace your uniqueness, if someone can't handle it, screm them..lol :)

now... I've been told I might want to strongly reconsider love relationships at all because of this... they cause me too much stress and I'm just not meant for them... so I was told... after my divorce last year at the ripe ol age of 25, I'm beggining to wonder...lol but I think that's just a bit extreme...

Now Since Uranus opposes your Venus, this tends to bring about a certain kind of unconventionality in relations of Love.This gives an emotional nature alternately repressed and explosive, apparently some very independent and erratic in love. A highly nervous quality accompanies all of your emotional dealings. You are an idealist in the realms of love, full of theories about sex and human relations in general, which complicate relationships that to other people are much simplier.

You think much on emotional matters and are capable of hasty and jumpy action with respect to them; the motivating force behind your impulses is rational rather than physical - you can be swept off your feet by an idea, an ideal, or a theory more quickly than by the physical beauty of an individual. This ideology of yours is likely to take quite unusual forms and lead to strane relationships among strange and out-of-the-way people, because of whom you gain a reputation of being an eccentric.

You tend strongly to the unconventional in love matters, making a fetish of independence in your love life. A certain austerity attaches to you, and you can be unyeilding when it does not suit your purpose to yeild, at which time your detachment and objectivity can amount to cruelty; but at other times, look out for impulse and temperament, for this is an erratic and unpredictable position and makes you liable to periodic destructive impulses (Anger and your temper being the main)

I'm Aries, Scorpio rising, with a Leo moon (I'm a good person, really!)

I'm sure you're a lovely person Joey :)

Remember, this is just one aspect, so don't let it overpower all your other wonderful qualities and aspects. With such a solar/lunar combination (with a scorpio rising) you're probably a Don Juan with a wicked sense of humor and an incredibly sexy smile. So don't worry.

Hope this helps :)

Joermit

Hello and thank you, sweet_intuition!

It certainly sheds some light on the situation... I was lead to believe the finger of god is a difficult, trying aspect... one that I didn't want... now I can look at it much differently... thanks! I greatly appreciate your insights... many blessing to you! take care...

Joey

sweet_intuition

Hey Joey

Glad I could be of help :)

Take Care

Belatrix

Good analysis,sweet intuition.

sweet_intuition

Thank You Belatrix :)

krysia322

Sweet_Intuition...

I LMAO'd when I read this:
Gary Hart was born with the Sun in Sagittarius, a sign famous for saying whatever is on its mind. There is a direct channel between the Sagittarian brain and mouth with no filter in between.

So true, so true! :D

And fabulous analysis!

So out of curiosity... If an Aries Sun with Scorpio Rising and Leo Moon make one a Don Juan... What happens if the Moon is in Scorpio?
;)

sweet_intuition

krysia322 said:
Sweet_Intuition...

So out of curiosity... If an Aries Sun with Scorpio Rising and Leo Moon make one a Don Juan... What happens if the Moon is in Scorpio?
;)

Well, when the moon passes through the deep well of scorpionic waters, passion is what sizzles and simmers underneath the skin of the individual. Emotionally complex, suspiscious of most intentions, difficult to win their trust. Their tongue can be sharp and they can rip a person to shreds, but at the same time, they have a heart that can understand anyone and everyone they meet before a single "hello" is exchanged. It's not Don Juan, it's more like the passionate mysterious lover whom you know is incredibly "wrong" for you in the conventional sense. But god, you want him/her :)

krysia322

It's not Don Juan, it's more like the passionate mysterious lover whom you know is incredibly "wrong" for you in the conventional sense. But god, you want him/her
LMFAO! So that explains my husband's attraction to me! ;) Bwaha! :D