A Different set of Court Correspondences

sweet_intuition

Hey all

I found this really old rare book by Paul Foster Case, which is a sort of Course on Tarot Divination. Upon reading it, I noticed he's given a very different view of the Court Cards, so I thought I'd share with you all and see and hear all your opinions accordingly

SUIT OF WANDS

King of Wands

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Pisces to the end of the second decanate of Aries (March 11th to April 9th). Combining the forces of Mars in Pisces, Mars in Aries, and Sun in Aries.

Appearance: Red-gold hair, Gray or Hazel Eyes

Queen of Wands

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Cancer to the end of the second decanate of Leo (July 13th to August 11th), symbolizing the influence of Jupiter/Neptune in Cancer, Sun in Leo, Jupiter in Leo.

Appearance: Red-gold hair, Blue or Brown eyes.

Warrior of Wands

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Scorpio to the end of the second decanate of Sagittarius (November 13th to December 11th), representing the influences of Moon in Scorpio, Jupiter in Sagittarius, Mars in Sagittarius.

Appearance: Yellow or yellow-auburn hair, Blue-Gray eyes.

Servant or Page of Wands

Time Period: The whole first quarter of the zodiac, from the beginning of Aries to the end of Gemini (March 21st to June 20th)

Appearance: Red-gold hair, blue eyes.

SUIT OF CUPS

King of Cups

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Gemini to the end of the second decanate of Cancer (June 20th to July 10th). Combining the rulerships of Saturn-Uranus, the Moon, and Mars

Appearance: Fair haired and Blue eyes

Queen of Cups

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Libra to the end of the second decanate of Scorpio (October 12th to November 11th), symbolizing the influence of Mercury, Mars, and Jupiter-Neptune

Appearance: Gold-Brown hair, blue eyes.

Warrior of Cups

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Aquarius to the end of the second decanate of Pisces (February 9th to March 10th), representing the influences of Venus, Jupiter-Neptune, and the Moon.

Appearance: Brown Hair, Gray or Brown Eyes

Servant or Page of Cups

Time Period: The whole second quarter of the zodiac, from the beginning of Cancer to the end of Virgo (June 21st to September 22nd)

Appearance: He typifies either a young man or a young woman.

SUIT OF SWORDS

King of Swords

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Virgo to the end of the second decanate of Libra (September 13th to October 2nd ). Combining the forces of Venus in Taurus, Venus in Libra, and Saturn-Uranus in Aquarius.

Appearance: Dark hair, Dark eyes

Queen of Swords

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Taurus to the end of the second decanate of Gemini (May 11th to June 9th), symbolizing the influence of Saturn, Mercury, and Venus

Appearance: Dark Hair, Dark Eyes

Warrior of Swords

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Scorpio to the end of the second decanate of Sagittarius (November 13th to December 11th), representing the influences of Moon in Scorpio, Jupiter in Sagittarius, Mars in Sagittarius.

Appearance: Yellow or yellow-auburn hair, Blue-Gray eyes.

Servant or Page of Wands

Time Period: The whole third quarter of the zodiac, from the beginning of Libra to the end of Sagittarius (September 23rd to December 21st)

Appearance: Light brown hair and blue eyes

SUIT OF COINS

King of Coins

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Sagittarius to the end of the second decanate of Capricorn (December 12th to January 10th). Combining the forces of Sun, Saturn and Venus.

Appearance: Dark Hair, Dark Eyes

Queen of Coins

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Aries to the end of the second decanate of Taurus (April 10th to May 9th), symbolizing the influence of Jupiter, Venus and Mercury.

Appearance: Dark hair, Dark Eyes.

Warrior of Coins

Time Period: From the beginning of the third decanate of Leo to the end of the second decanate of Virgo (August 13th to September 11th), representing the influences of Mars, Mercury, and Saturn.

Appearance: Dark-brown hair, Dark eyes

Servant or Page of Coins

Time Period: The whole final quarter of the zodiac, from the beginning of Capricorn to the end of Pisces (December 22nd to March 20th)

Appearance: Dark eyes and rich brown hair.

Looking forward to hear what you all have to say

sweet_intuition

Anyone?!?!!?

Lillie

Crowley and, I assume the GD, use a 'decan' type thing for the courts, very similar to the above.
But theirs is slightly different.
Same portions of the zodiac, but applied to different cards.

Except the princesses They don't get decans in either system.
They get a quater of the zodiac above, and for Crowley, they get a quater of the sky aroung the north pole.
Which may just be a fancy way of saying the same thing.

Forthe rest of the above. the red gold hair, Hazle eyes stuff. I don't like it.
Never have,
I don't like dividing people up like that. It don't seem even.

Europeans (and the places they colonised) have all sorts of stuff, blue, brown, hazle, grey, green eyes.
Blond, brown, red, black.... hair.

And then the rest of the world is just lumped intogether.
Brown eyes, brown hair. Or just dark eyes dark hair.

The system may have worked in some countries and some time in the past, but now it just seems a bit exclusivley 'european' (or possibly even 'white')

But the decans.
I always thought that was interesting.

Funny thing is that loads of stuff has all been bringing the decans to my attention recently.
Not sure why.
I suppose I am ment to lean something, somewhere.

WalesWoman

Wierd how the Pages seem to be the catch net for the gaps between the Kings, Queens and Knights.

The coloring is right for the person I am thinking of, but he is not a Page Pentacles... maybe sometimes, when he's trying to forget his age, but I usually think of him as a King Swords, but according to this, King Swords would represent my first son, the description fits and he is very Virgo. It seems like Aquarius is associated with Air rather than Earth... but here is mostly water. His birthday is before the beginning date for Warrior of Cups... I dunno, it's interesting.

The trippy part is my third son, a Cancer, as Queen Swords... I never would have thought that as a description of him, but the more I think about it, it does sort of fit him in a small way. He's a lot more objective & balanced than his two older brothers.

It's wierd that one son and I both fall under Queen Wands... he is Gemini and not a Queen Wands sort at all. Then again, he's a very passionate person, the crusader/savior sort, ready to rescue anyone in need.

The twins are Queen Cups, the coloring is close... they are Scorpio, so the cups part fits and they can make a mountain out of any molehill and get quite wound up in it... as well as the elaboration and are super affectionate... to others, not each other. LOL

This is good food for thought, thanks for sharing this sweet_intuition.