Non reading

greenfrog

I just read the bad reader thread, but my question is slightly different, because I never actually got an actual reading...

I went to have a reading with a professional reader on the weekend, and after she shuffled the cards and layed about 10 out in a row asked me a couple of questions, told me something to which I said not an option, she then told me she couldn't tell me what I wanted to hear because she couldn't read my energy. And the reading was over.

I have never had that happen to me before, I've had lots of readings before, and have been told lots of things which I like and don't like of course, but never have I been told, sorry I wont read for you...

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
And what would be wrong with my energy that the cards didn't like it, so she wouldn't read for me?

I don't know if I pissed her off by saying that's not an option to the first thing she told me...
I couldn't help it, it just popped out... :p

Grizabella

She's the only one who could tell you why she did that, in reality. Sometimes, though, when I read for someone and the first thing they do is abruptly tell me that something is absolutely not an option or something to that effect, it feels quite like they've just slammed the door on being open to anything else I'm going to say, so why go on? I've never closed the reading and left it there, but that doesn't mean I didn't feel like it.

Maybe when you go to the next reader, if there's something you absolutely don't think is at all possible, it might help to just keep that to yourself till the reading is over, then tell them that that particular point really bothers you and that you don't see how it could be possible and ask them for a little more feedback on it. You could discuss it with them and maybe get a little more out of the reading, plus finding out just what it was that hit a clinker with you once the reading is over. :)

seaweed

Hi greenfrog,

I'm sorry you had such a flat, unsatifying experience, but I can empathise. For whatever reason, probably psychic interference, I'm pretty much unreadable by others, too, so that's partially why I read for myself. Maybe it was just the one reader. Also, like Lyric says, it's tough to read around a block--it's like a cellphone dropping a call when the reader-sitter relationship takes a jolt like that.

When I was in my teens, I used to have a kind of "typical-for-my-age test subject" that I'd wait and see if readers brought up. When it came up, esp. if they kept trying to drive the point home, I'd take the rest of their reading with a really large grain of salt. Kind of a litmus test. I didn't have the chutzpah then that I have now, but, in retrospect, I think I'd still take the reading with a grain of salt but also mention at the time, politely, that the info they're giving doesn't fit my life, in any way, and engage in a brief conversation about it to see if we might get the reading back on track. Maybe ask her what she was seeing and, together, try to figure out if it was just a misinterpretation or if it could fit in some context in my life, but in a different way than she may have presented it. At least, that way, maybe you could keep the channels of communication open and you could get the rest of your reading.

I hope, for both of your sakes, that the reading didn't take long and that she was respectable enough not to accept payment for a reading so short that she couldn't give you.

Here's a bit I wrote about psychic interference and readings that go off track a few hrs. ago in the "Bad readers" link--hope this helps:

"Then, of course, there’s a couple exceptions....some people, no matter how they try, how many readers they see or different types of readers they go to just can’t be read. Who knows why. Some people are tough to impossible to read sorts and the best explanation I’ve ever heard for it is psychic interference—when two people come together and one tries to read another it can be like loud static or guitar feedback—they’re like strong antennas, and instead of clear impressions you just get white noise or wobbly-not-quite-clear anythings. It’s frustrating, but it isn't necessarily a “bad reader” situation. Their personalities might just be too different or both people might just be so intuitive that they scramble each other’s reception. And sometimes even a good reader can have an off day. Again, the good ones will tell you when they’re not able to give you the quality of reading they’d like to. They might refer you to someone who might be a better fit for you or might just re-schedule for a day when they’re feeling more in-tune."

greenfrog

Thanks for your reply's I finally got up the courage, and I emailed the shop and said I was confused with how it went, and a little upset that I had strange unreadable energy.
(OK I cheated and emailed) :D

The owner of the shop rang me back and basically said the reader doesn't actually read the tarot cards, she talks to my guides using her guides and sometimes they wont talk to each other.

She also said the reader was having some personal issues at the moment, and not to take it personally.

I didn't pay for the reading anyway because it went for less than 5 minutes, so that part wasn't an issue, if she had explained to me on the day what was happening, I would of been less confused.
Hearing I can't read your energy threw me a bit.

I understand what your both referring to when you say I was blocking her, make reading for me harder.
I suppose I wasn't prepared to be told I would stay in the same job, when I've been trying to find another one for a while. So I must of actually put up barriers when that was one of the first things she said.

I shall have to make sure I say nothing till further in if I try and get another one.... but I might just stick to myown cards for a while... :p

Grizabella

greenfrog said:
The owner of the shop rang me back and basically said the reader doesn't actually read the tarot cards, she talks to my guides using her guides and sometimes they wont talk to each other.

She also said the reader was having some personal issues at the moment, and not to take it personally.

I suppose I wasn't prepared to be told I would stay in the same job, when I've been trying to find another one for a while. So I must of actually put up barriers when that was one of the first things she said.

The guides not talking to each other made me laugh right out loud. :p

And then saying the reader was having personal issues sounded more like the actual case to me. It also made me think that probably she had had some sharp words for the reader and got that as an excuse.

BUT------maybe she wasn't wrong in saying you'd be keeping the same job, since you said you've been looking for a different one for awhile without finding one. You don't want to stay there, it's true, but it may be that you're going to be staying there awhile if you can't find another one quickly. Right? So I don't think she may have been entirely wrong.

Good luck, anyway, next time you choose to get a reading. Maybe ask for one here by doing one and giving your own interpretation in the Your Readings forum and see what feedback you get from our other members. That way you won't be paying for it and you may get more out of the reading.

seaweed

Way to go, greenfrog! It took pluck to ring the shop up and find out what was going on and I'm glad to see you didn't have any trouble with the money aspect.

I wouldn't go so far as to saying you necessarily blocked anything, though. It might have just been such a highly charged emotinal environment with the reader in such strife and she was probably unable to take a day or two off and put herself back in a balanced state for reading others. I know what it's like, though, to be in a place yourself where you just want options, options with a capitol "O", and the strain of being stuck where you are for longer than you'd ever want to be. :) (It kind of makes you want to pull all your hair out, but that just makes it harder to style-LOL :) )

If it's not too personal, are you phrasing your reading question in a open-ended style, just asking for more infomation on the situation or maybe asking something like, "What do I need to know about the work situation I'm in..." or are you asking questions like "What do I need to know about what I'm experiencing now so that I'll have the necessary knowlege to move in a more satisfying direction?" Since the first kind of question focuses on the deeply emotional issue of stay or go, it might be more limiting than an open-ended question, which could give you more persepctive on the larger issues (esp. M.A. isues) that might be outside your hands for now and you just have to wait out and work through them for a little bit. With any luck, a more open-styled reading should also be able to give you hope and insight (and possibly an idea of timing--check cards 1,2,4, and 6 ) for moving into a new direction. :)

Hope this helps

Glass Owl

greenfrog said:

Doing this kind of work has to be draining for her. Maybe she needs a bit of a break to recharge her batteries--she might be working too much. Just a thought.