Decks that go missing

Arania

Just been looking for our Haindl deck - one of my favourites - and couldn't find it. This is weird, ebcause a few weeks ago when we updated our have list, it was there, and we put it back into the cupboard with all other decks.

Has anyone else had this happen before? Did the decks show up again? Until now, I always knew where my decks were.

Jewel

I have one deck in particular that can vanish at will and re-appear at will, it i my Faeries Oracle. Mainly it is the book that likes to hide, when I have been ignoring my FO deck, and then when I start working with the FO again it will reappear from thin air. Really strange, but I am used to it after so many years with the deck.

gregory

It happens all the time (yes, I know I have a lot of decks, but I also have a highly organised storage system and database. I have to !)

This last few days I have been moving everything from deck 500 onwards.
:)| I have a problem just now !) To keep things right, I need them moving in order. There were maybe two dozen that were not where they should have been when I went to move the ones from that area. And ten minutes later, after I'd torn a fair bit more hair out, they would be back where I'd already looked, and giggling. Not to mention the four that hid together in a drawer I had emptied by feeling ALL THE WAY AROUND inside it with both hands before moving that batch up.Which meant that then had to go back six drawers and move four decks back up again to make space for the renegades.... I swear they did it on purpose.

What ALWAYS (so far) happens with mine is that they turn up where they should have been in the first place, and where I had already looked. I swear they do it deliberately. And I am not kidding. :eek: We are talking tarot decks here. they have minds of their own. Even when they take up gang warfare !

Chronata

I lost my beloved favorite Hanson Roberts deck for almost two years!

But there were very good things that came out of the loss...

I found this site! :love:

and I started doing professional readings with many other decks! :D

It was a definite learning experience, that I am very grateful for.

But of course, I am also very grateful that the lost deck did finally turn up!
And I do still use it for the bulk of my readings, but I am not so quick to choose it automatically anymore.

Miren

To anthropomorphize, Chronata, perhaps it knew you needed a break. ;)

LixiPixi

I'm happy to report that none of mine have played this game with me so far. Maybe it's because they know I love them all equally for different reasons and that I could pull one of them out at any given time? Maybe they don't want to miss out on the fun for the day.....LOL!

LP~

moonmorgan

My Thoth deck went missing for a long while - I literally turned the house upside down and couldn't find it anywhere. My partner came accross it quite by chance a couple of months ago.

Now was it really 'missing', or had he 'put it away safely' and forgotten all about it??!

If he did, he's not admitting to anything......

Moonmorgan

Glass Owl

moonmorgan said:
Now was it really 'missing', or had he 'put it away safely' and forgotten all about it??!

If he did, he's not admitting to anything......
Maybe it was not put away but he was actually using it :)

Arania

Oh a book is missing, too - the Daughters of the Moon book.

The other deck that is missing is likely in my parent's place. And I just recovered a deck I actually forgot we had! how it could have been overlooked right in the middle of all the others, I have no clue.

Glad it's not only me. I thought I was beginning to get disorganized (okok, I am disorganized, but not with stuff I collect)!