reading without a question

finaflight

Morning Everyone

i have a question. Hope this is in the right place.

What if someone asks you to do a reading, but that person dosn`t have a question.
I sat down once with a woman while she read my cards (quite accurate I must say) But I didn`t ask her anything, she just told me.

Is that someone who has been reading for many years?

RaeBelle

I've only done a few readings for others. And most are general readings, with no question. So far, they haven't been any harder than a reading with a question. Sometimes they are easier, because you aren't trying to tie the cards to a particular situation.

Gayla

Genereal readings are a good way to 'draw the real matter' out of the seeker so to speak...a good spread to use for a general reading is the Celtic Cross...

For example, I had a seeker ask for a general reading, but I knew she really wanted to know about the relationship with her husband who had been gone away on business for an extended amount of time...but I didn't push her...I just did he CC and before the reading was over, she admitted she had met another man. That was really her 'matter' so the speak.

gregory

I much prefer not to have a question. I find questions sort of shackle the reading; set limits that spoil it. If you have one and you see stuff that has nothing to do with the question - what do you do ? Say "I know you asked about your finances, but I actually see a health problem, for your son ....." ?

finaflight

yes gregory..that makes sense.....i`m not very good with reading just yet, but i must say I did a 3 card for my son.....and these cards came up that didn`t make sense for the question........i`ll keep in mind what u said....even with myself...my own readings

thanx

finaflight

RaeBelle said:
I've only done a few readings for others. And most are general readings, with no question. So far, they haven't been any harder than a reading with a question. Sometimes they are easier, because you aren't trying to tie the cards to a particular situation.

yes, it might be something I should try - just try reading without a question...it would be good practice, and perhaps as you say..it may be easier..even if u r asked the question

Miren

I do some readings without a question...like my morning Daily spread. I've occasionally done questionless celtics...but I'm not sure I'm comfortable enough yet to do that. Probably will be at some point.

celticnoodle

cosmoline, i have also read for people without a question. some of my family and friends expect me to do a weekly reading for them, and, naturally they have problems coming up with a question on a weekly basis.

when/if I do a weekly reading for them, i will draw upon a problem/situation they are experiencing that may happen the day i've read the cards or the following day. so, asking for a general reading is sometimes a good thing---it can shed light on things that may present themselves to your client. When these things are presented, they feel ready to deal with it, because they kind of had a heads up on it if you will.

I almost prefer general readings to specific 'answer this question' for me. I guess I like the surprises they can bring.

LixiPixi

General readings seem to work better for me when I have a constant connection to the querent. It's much easier to pinpoint the topic at hand when the person is sitting there with you by phone, in person, etc. When there's immediate feedback, even though it's a general reading, you still have something to go along with as they converse with you.

When I do the general readings here online, they seem more difficult. I feel like I'm pulling an issue out of thin air and then I start doubting myself. Having a specific question (or at least an area of focus) is better for me when doing them without the person present.

LP~

finaflight

its good celticnoodle that you have people to pratice on.....so far I usually get the two index fingers in the sign of the cross shown to me....lol....thats ok.....its all good....even if I have one every now and then..that`ll b good....I mostly do myself....its a good place to start.