PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy....??? Is there a card that mean pregnancy??

Lady Anna
04-09-2002, 12:07
Hello-

Is there a card that means the possibility to get pregnant or the desire to get pregnant???....

A card that advises you to be careful in that area???....

Please help me with this.....

Blessings to all.....!!!! :OL

Lady Anna :THP

starfish66
04-09-2002, 12:13
Lady Anna -

There are a couple of cards that come to mind when I think of possible pregnancy - :TEMPS Empress, :TAC Ace of Cups and :TQC Queen of Cups. Especially when two are paired in a reading.

I did a spread for my sister about a month ago and the Ace of Cups :TAC and :TQC Queen of Cups came up together in a reading. Sure enough, she was pregnant. (Unfortunately, she is in the process of losing the pregnancy - I did a spread for her today (today she had an ultrasound) and her spread had the :T9S, :T10S and :TEMPS rev. - I took it to mean loss of pregnancy and sure enough, no heartbeat :()

:TMOON Starfish

Thirteen
04-09-2002, 12:23
Also the Sun, which can refer to existing children or, in the right position, children to come.

But do be very careful about "predicting" pregnancy. The Empress is about creativity and creation of, well, anything, not just babies--the same for the other cards. Ace of Cups + Queen of Cups could mean new insights and psychic talents as much as a pregnancy. Take care that you examine where the card is in the spread and how it relates to other cards before telling anyone--even yourself--that they are going to be with child. A mistaken prediction in this case could be devistating.

Strega
04-09-2002, 12:30
In my experience, they are:

The Empress
Ace of Wands
Three of Pentacles

Hope that helps. :)

HudsonGray
04-09-2002, 12:31
Ace of Wands also, it's a phallic symbol with 'balls' and DNA strands in the Robin Wood deck.

kayne
04-09-2002, 13:15
Like Thirteen, I have heard of :TSUN the sun being used as an indication of pregnancy but I don't thik I would ever interpret it this way... depending on the surrounding cards and if a a question was relating that specifically related to this...

midnightmerry
04-09-2002, 13:24
As everyone has been saying here, it is more than just one card. You usually look for a combination of cards that mean fertility/celebration/birth/creativity, etc...

For me I would look for a combination of the following cards (at least three of these in a reading):

Empress
3 of cups
Ace of Wands
Pages or any of the 'children' cards such as the Sun or 6 of cups.

lupo138
04-09-2002, 16:47
In a book of mine, I actually do not know it´s title any more, it was stated the "Strength" has a meaning of pregnancy - from my point of view especially if the "Moon" shows up in the reading, too.

Lady Anna
04-09-2002, 22:24
Hello-

Thanks for your advices and tips....All are very helpful...!!!....

I'll take notes for further readings....!!!....

Love,

Analisa :OL

Liliana
04-09-2002, 22:54
In the Rohrig deck the Princess of Cups definately could indicate pregnancy, but be careful about predicting such things with Tarot, thats what a doctor is for hehe

:THP

Rhiannon
04-09-2002, 23:17
((((((((((Liliana))))))))))

Just had to give you a hug, hopefully cheering you up.

Other than that, I agree with all the cards mentioned.

R :)

Pollux
05-09-2002, 03:05
In my experience:
- Star (I thought The Star was a classic for pregnancy, but no one mentioned it so far...)
- Ace of Pentacles (a correspondent to the Ace of Wands)
- Nine of Pentacles
- Queen of Pentacles.

I also agree there might be Pages around.

I only did a couple of readings for pregnancy, and... please, don't look at me that way!!! *LOL*
I just remember one, and some cards where:
- Ace of Wands
- Ace of Pentacles
- Queen of Cups...
Having asked a yet vague but related question, I know I could talk of a pregnancy. And it did came. (They both did). I wish I had written down all the cards... :(

Liliana
05-09-2002, 03:20
Thanks for the hug, tho I dont know why I got it here.

And Pollux, I dint know you were worried about being pregnant ;)

Thirteen
05-09-2002, 03:39
Originally posted by lupo138
In a book of mine, I actually do not know it´s title any more, it was stated the "Strength" has a meaning of pregnancy - from my point of view especially if the "Moon" shows up in the reading, too.

Hmmmm. I can see "Moon" though I'd probably see that as relating to a woman's cycle rather than pregnancy per se. Meaning that I could see it showing up in, say, a "health" position and saying, "you've missed a period" or something like that--*then* with another card, like a page or Sun or whatever, saying, "it's due to the fact that you're pregnant"--or, equally possible with other cards, that stress, menopause, etc., was the cause.

But "Strength" I don't get at all. I suppose you could stretch it having to do with "strength" within and the girl vs. the lion and all (inner nature?)--but isn't our lion-taming girl usually seen as, well, a virgin? I think it would go against the card to view it as having something to do with pregnancy. Could be wrong....

Rhiannon
05-09-2002, 04:44
Originally posted by Liliana
Thanks for the hug, tho I dont know why I got it here.

I feel silly because the hug was actually meant for ((((((((((Starfish)))))))))) ... I should pay more attention. I think yours was just the last name I read before typing.

Not that I mind giving you a hug, my sister! LOL Have another ((((hug))))

R :)

DarkElectric
05-09-2002, 04:59
Hiya!
Some of the cards I believe possibly indicate pregnancy would be:
The Empress in conjunction with the 3 of pentacles,and/or the ace or page of wands, but as has been so wisely stated previously in this post, an EPT and a Doctor is the sure way to determine this. Unless you are considering PLANNING a pregnancy, and want to know what the chances of success are. That's a different story! :)

As far as a card advising caution in this area, The knight of wands can indicate a virile, passionate man who throws caution to the winds, the ace of swords, which can indicate new ideas, or a possible warning, and Justice, which reminds us to take stock of what we are doing, and that every action has a reaction.

Accidents happen all the time, but the best way to make sure you're safe, not sorry is good ol' birth control!

starfish66
05-09-2002, 05:15
Originally posted by Rhiannon
I feel silly because the hug was actually meant for ((((((((((Starfish)))))))))) ... I should pay more attention. I think yours was just the last name I read before typing.

Thanks for the hug, Rhi. When I go and see my sister tomorrow, I will give her an extra big hug and think of you.

She miscarried last year right around this time too - September 10th...

:TSUN Starfish

Liliana
05-09-2002, 05:19
Oh no she miscarried the day before 9/11? How hard that must of been, hug her for me too, and thanks for anothr hug Rhi hehe

Alissa
06-09-2002, 02:27
I did an Other reading the other day for the celebrity Kelly Ripa (of all people) and the Empress card came up in her recent past. 4 days after the reading she announces she's pregnant.

Hmmmmm? :)

Kyrielle
10-09-2002, 01:03
I have heard the Page of Cups as a possible pregnancy indicator. I think I read that in the Robin Wood book, but I'm not sure. I do know Robin Wood gives a complete tutorial on the "fish in the cup" metaphor for sex.

-- Kyrielle

lupo138
10-09-2002, 17:05
I am not too sure about this either. As far as I remember it was stated, that the card in former days showed a woman having intercourse with the lion. I tried to proove this some time ago and my conclusion was, that there is not a single evidence for strenght being shown like this. But I will look it up in my books, and say where I got that interpretation from.

Thirteen
11-09-2002, 03:45
Thanks! I'd be interested. (Intercourse with a lion, huh?)

lupo138
11-09-2002, 06:14
I am sorry, but I think it was wrong. When I looked up my books, I was rather sure that it was in a german translation, titled "Das Tarot Übungsbuch" which would mean somethin like "Working with Tarot" from Rachel Pollack. I tried to find it there but did not succeed. I am sorry, I think I was wrong - but it is about twelve years ago that I read it. So blame it on the vanishing memory of a man getting older ;)

Pollux
11-09-2002, 06:55
Rachel Pollacks talks of Strength meaning SEX/UAL MAGICK in her "78 Degrees of Wisdom".
Maybe the book goes under another title in Deutchland/Osterreich? (are these the names?)

lupo138
11-09-2002, 16:23
No, it is a different book. But thank you for the hint :)
(and knowing Österreich ! yea!)

rogue
21-03-2007, 04:02
More than any other card, I'd say the 3 of Cups represents pregnancy.

goddessof1967
21-03-2007, 10:46
be careful about predicting such things with Tarot, thats what a doctor is for heheActually, a doctor is not needed to diagnose pregnancy. All you need is a pregnancy test from the chemist and an ultrasound. No doctor needed except to write out an ultrasound referral that you can pick up from the secretary at the front desk ;)

Gavriela
21-03-2007, 11:21
Queen of Pents, and also, an Ace and a Page together can mean pregnancy, as well as the others mentioned. I've seen the Devil come up when people were struggling with infertility sometimes.

cherryberry
21-03-2007, 21:00
I agree, Princess of Disks in the Thoth.

Check out the pic : http://www.bluecatsden.com/tprsdisks.jpg

Sooo obviously pregnant :laugh: