Pretty Darned Annoyed!

Pao

hi all,

well i am real annoyed. I have a myspace page (Im sure you all know what that is) and on my pic section i have a beautiful pic of cards and other divination tools. I got a msg from a girl that said a bunch of things and the last line was "do you read tarot cards or are you joking?" I responded to the msg (why be rude) and said yes i do. she then send me a msg saying "oh well then you should read mine definitely!"....uh...ok....excuse me?? what kind of way of asking is that??? I wouldn't even ask that way!!

Now even though i only tend to do readings for friends and family since i dont yet (after all these years!) feel confy doing them for strangers, i never charge, i feel a bit guilty about it what if im wrong and i just charged you??? if they want to donate anything its fine. anyway back to my story.

i didnt asnwer her because i was so mad i didnt know how to say "hows NO!?" and she had the audacity to write back saying "so are you gona read my cards or what??!!" well this was it! I answered "sorry but i dont give free readings"...that was the end of that! lol but oh my goddess the nerve!!! I didnt put the pic up there to get rude people hounding me!

can you believe her?!?!!?!? Does this happen to you?

BB

Paola

Lillie

I don't have myspace, but my son does, and I have looked at his.

I got the impression that the idea was that people, those you know and those you don't, would contact you and comment on your site.
forgive me if I am wrong, but that is how his seems to work.

As for what she said, well, isn't that just how people are?
Anytime I get my cards out I have people, friends and strangers, doing the 'do mine, do mine' thing.
Some are serious, some just want a laugh, and some are just being friendly.

I'm sorry you were upset by what she said.
But perhaps she was just being friendly to you, or perhaps she really wanted her cards read.

Of course there is nothing wrong with saying no. You do not have to read for anyone you don't want to read for.
but at the same time, I have never had a problem with people asking.
I either say yes, or I say no.
Isn't there a bit on myspace where you can write about yourself?
Could you put onthere that you only read for family and friends?
And then people would know not to ask.

Of course, I could just be showing my ignorance on MySpace here.
Perhaps it is not as I imagine.

I'm sorry you were upset by her, but perhaps she did not mean to upset you.

Pao

thanx Lillie!

i just got a bad vibe when she asked not a friendly one, it usually does not bother me at all when people ask. but from her first msg i just got annoyed by her, she just sounded like she was giving me an order or something.

yea i did write on my page that "i dont do readings sorry", a fellow witch friend of mine told me to do that after she was hounded so much as well, but people for some reason never bother to read anything on there.

thanx for you insight, I will try not to let it people like that get to me so much!! :)

Arania

Ha! You bet... anywhere I go and people hear I do readings and may even have a deck with me, at least 2 or 3 people come up to me and expect me to do free readings. Which is fine if I can sense they really need help - but those people usually at least pay for your drinks. Most people seem to think it's not something that takes up energy and maybe even preparation, and, most of all, time. Time I do not want to spend when I went there to do different stuff! And considering that I am on the autism spectrum and thus am not appearing as social/easily approachable as some others, I don't want to know how "normal" readers get swamped.

I don't go out much anymore so the problem is gone. Online, I didn't really make the experience yet, save in chats with esoteric themes, which I usually avoid now unless I absolutely WANT to do readings lol

SunChariot

I actually never heard of my space, but yes that was rude and sounded more like a demand than a request. It lacks respect amongst other things.

I would have ignored it the first time as the request was unspecific and I would not be sure if she was joking. By the second time it was seriously rude.

By the second time I would have told her how I felt. That no I was not going to read her cards. That a reading should be a thing where the reader and the querent respect each other and since she was acting in a pushy way that did not show enough respect for who I am as a person or as reader, the answer was a no...And that next time she approached a reader it was more polite to ask than just expect them to do it and a please would not hurt either.

Bar

Vadella

I have a myspace also. I actually have a lot about the tarot on my page. I have NEVER received a bad message regarding it. People are a-holes... plain and simple. I would have written that person back and told them that the tarot doesn't read for ignorance and to have a good life. lol I have no tolerance for stupidity. Put your page to private. ;) That might help you.

xx
Vad

Pao

thank you all. Im happy for those of you who never have encountered an A-hole hehe (very well put) i have little patience for ignorant people as well, i just felt really disrespected is all. there is a way of asking nicely for things, she could've first asked if i did readings over myspace instead. yes i should put my page private but i have met really nice people through it and i wouldnt want to ruin the experience because of one person, although there are a lot of wackos on it!

Lillie

Ah well. If you had a bad vibe that makes all the difference.
Best not to read for someone you get a bad feeling about.

It's funny how as soon as people see cards they think you should read for them, wether you want to read for them or not!

Miren

One reason I actually avoid a lot of places like myspace is because I really don't need people pushing into my life. And rudely assuming that they have the right to. I figure if I don't give them an opening then they hopefully won't be able to reach me. I've also found that a lot of people online have no manners and a lot of expectations. :( Maybe it's because online if people don't like you, you can block them, etc. Maybe it's because they behave that way in real life too.

Milfoil

It was a rude way of asking (demanding) your attention but hey, if you put yourself in the public eye then it is to be expected that eventually this sort of thing will happen.

Its your little bit of cyber space so its up to you how you respond. Ignore it, give a quick reading, charge for a reading, have a full blown email argument or even tell the person that since they put it so politely, then NO, but if they ask nicely you may re-consider etc. You're the boss.

Certainly don't let it get to you, its really not worth giving away your energy to rubbish like this.

I often think that my only use (and reason for being invited) at parties and gatherings is to read for people so I don't take a deck any more.

Choice is yours.