PDA

View Full Version : "What decks do you have?" Added to profiles?

Melvis
05-09-2002, 08:40
This one just came to me as I was reading Kiama's thread Come On, Own Up... What decks do you have? (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6714). I noticed that over 2,000 people have looked at that thread and I thought, "Hmmm...maybe we should do something with this idea!"

What about adding a text box to the User Profile for Subscribers Only where we could list the decks we have? It would basically be another text area like the Occupation or Interests boxes. In a way, it would be of benefit for the Subscribers...a place to keep a list of your decks that's offsite so if you have a crash you won't have to re-type it. Or if it's too hard to do by the Subscriber criteria, it could become available once a Member becomes a Citizen.

And wouldn't all of those...ahem...I mean us...Tarot-holics have fun checking out each other's lists to see who has more decks? :D

BUT...I suppose it would take up too much room on the Forum, though. I just liked Kiama's thread so much, I wished we could make it easier to update and peruse.

Well, that's my idea. What do you think? Fire away!

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

truthsayer
05-09-2002, 13:43
i really like the idea, melvis. i enjoy looking at that thread very much, too. i keep a notebook log of all my decks but sometimes i forget to add or subtract one and that messes the log up. i've been to my post a few times w/ additions and corrections or compared it to my hands on list. i've found it easier to keep correct than the hard copy. it would also be interesting to tabulate all the decks and see which decks everyone has and which ones are most popular. it'd be interesting to look for patterns like what hard to get decks are most popular. i also like comparing how many i have versus someone else.

in short, fantastic idea!

kayne
05-09-2002, 14:45
I like this idea! (Although I wouldn't be taking up very much room with my 18 or so decks... :P)

Strange2
05-09-2002, 21:22
Excellent idea! And it would be great if the Search function could be used to search the profiles for that deck information, so you could see who has a deck you've been considering and potentially PM them with a question.

Maan
06-09-2002, 02:19
I really like this idea!!!
I hope it is possible

Love and light
Maan

kayne
06-09-2002, 02:26
I was driving home today, thinking about this (sad I know... :P) and there could be a spot to list your primary reading deck, decks as part of a collection, and even a spot for possible trades...? Too much? Maybe... :P

Melvis
06-09-2002, 03:54
Hi, all!

I'm so glad you like the idea!

My thought is that we could keep it as simple as possible and let people add whatever dimensions to it that they want. Like some of the people in Kiama's thread were putting comments in parentheses after the decks name, we could keep doing that. Such as: Mythic Tarot (Primary), Goddess Tarot (Willing to Trade?), etc.

Or else...another brainstorm here...Ouch!...if we could get the little smilies to work in that area, our fabulous colourist, Kayne, maybe could design icons for "Primary Deck", "Willing to Trade", etc. But I wonder if that would take up too much Forum space...all those smilies being used and everything.

Truth: I also wondered about the tabulation of who has what deck...I actually copied most of the lists to text files, and now I have to take them to work so I can play with them in my Excel program. So hopefully I'll have some answers on the most popular Aeclectic decks, etc. soon! There've just been so many additions to the list that I've got to get updates.

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

kayne
06-09-2002, 20:28
Originally posted by Melvis
if we could get the little smilies to work in that area, our fabulous colourist, Kayne, maybe could design icons for "Primary Deck", "Willing to Trade", etc.I'll do it if it's possible! :)

Summerdream
13-09-2002, 01:59
What a super idea!!! I often go to the search engine to find the posts on which decks everyone has so I can get some ideas when deciding on a new one. Great suggestion.

Jewel
13-09-2002, 04:36
Ohhhh my .... looks like I might have to update my list in earnest *LOL*. It will be interesting for me to see exactly how many decks I really have. I believe it is like 80+ tarot and about 8 or so Oracles, but the truth is that I have not double checked anything and I know there are things missing *LOL*.

ChrisTheObscure
13-09-2002, 06:42
What a cool idea...

Solandia
23-09-2002, 17:12
Adding tarot-related fields to the Profile is a great suggestion. Unfortunately keeping full lists of everyone's collection in there isn't technically feasible (there's a 250 character limit on profile fields), but I have added a new a Favourite Tarot Deck field :)

~ Solandia

Pollux
23-09-2002, 19:03
WOWIE!!! I added three decks! :D

And maybe I was the first to add them, I feel so special... :P

kayne
24-09-2002, 03:18
Thanks Solandia!!! :D

wavebreaker
24-09-2002, 04:59
Great, Solandia, thanks!

How about some more tarot-related fields such as:
Favourite tarot book
Favourite tarot website
Number one deck on wish list
Other divination methods

Just some ideas... ;)

Maan
24-09-2002, 05:21
I love this.....looking up everyones favo deck :)
I think i have to update my profile more often from now ;)

And tarotlady great idea! I woud love to see everyones favorites :)

fairyhedgehog
05-10-2002, 23:01
Thanks Solandia :)

It's great the way you take up people's ideas (and so quickly too) if it is at all possible. I'll have to add my favourite deck now, but it is so hard to choose.