Tektite

Milfoil

Ok, so its not strictly a crystal but . . .

I went to a local event this summer and found myself in a marquee full of tarot readers, crystal sellers and vendors of all things esoteric.

The smallest stall in the place (one table and a chair) had some crystal items for sale on it. I was looking for a pendulum but found a bowl of tektites.

I was drawn to one in particular which has a really strong energy field around it (yes even I can see it in the right light!!)

Well, tonight, I saw purple all around it so I started to meditate with my head back and the tektite placed on my forehead. I had to take it off, it was tingling and tickled so much.

Has anyone else experienced this? To be honest, I'm flabergasted. As much as I want to understand and respect the properties of minerals, this has really taken me by surprise.

Basically I thought such 'energies' were more subtle than this.

crystalwoman

Yes, I've experienced this with a number of crystals including tektite and moldevite. Ametrine in particular can cause a strong tingling or even a pricking sensation that just about anyone can feel. Take the tip of an ametrine and trace it in a clock-wise circle about a quarter of an inch above your skin and you should be able to feel a sensation like a hair or thread being traced over the skin. Keep it up and the sensation turns to tingling. Other stones that will do the same thing include apophyllite (also causes a butterfly flutter sensation in the throat), alabaster, iolite, ruby zoisite, black fluorite, pyrite, Siberian amethyst, Tibetan quartzes or quartzes with lots of chlorite inclusions - just to name a few. Some specimens are more energetic than others and can really zap you.

lark

I've experienced it with an Ajoite sphere I have, especially if I hold it while meditating.
It feels prickly on my hands like if you handle insulation or are allergic to wool....
Also have a Herkimer Diamond that is very lively.
It's pretty amazing when they affect you that way.