Need a little help w/ progressions, please :)

seaweed

Thanks to dadsnook2000's tutelage, I'm going to start watching my personal aspects with regard to my natal chart on a day-to-day basis. I just need a little help getting started. Can I go onto astro.com to get my presently progressed chart and then use an ephemeris to keep it up to date? (On astro.com, would I just ask for a meridian, vs a reference point progression?)

Also, I'm trying to choose a new career direction that's more in line with my present needs, desires and health. I figure a progressed chart would be good for this (I'm esp. excited about Jupiter in the upcoming year, since it rules my Asc. and is exalted in my sun.--I'm hoping this will be a double blessing :) ) I figure I'll look at all angles, starting with the sun and then honing in on the second and tenth houses to start with. Any other suggestions? (They'd be *majorly* appreciated and maybe it'd be one less question for Dave to have to answer :) )

Thanks many time over :)

(I'm hoping to augment keeping track of personal aspects with what's happening at large with an astro calendar, esp. since I can't keep track to everyone's aspects who influence mine. Have you guys found astro calendars helpful, or are they more or less just fancified ways to keep track of the days? I really appreciate the help.)

P.S. If I'm asking about too much stuff, you can just say, "Whoa, Nelly!" :) LOL

Barbaras Ahajusts

Some suggestions?

Seaweed,
I'm very new to all of this and don't quite understand all you said. BUT, I have been watching the here and now and watching how the planets position fit with my houses.
I have the programs, WOW, WOW-Love, Astro 123, Starlight, Astrolog 5.40 and Canopus. I love something different about each one.
Astrolog will do the animations and I can watch the entire chart move in minutes, hours, days, etc. I can also take that black background out and print it up. I like it, alot.
The Wow-Love is a couple reading freebie, but you only get one printing of a couple horoscope reading. Its worth getting the whole package, I love it.

But maybe what you just need is the Astrolog 5.40?

Good luck with your search.

:)Barb

dadsnook2000

For seaweed

I use the "Solar Arc MC" method for calculating Secondary Progression charts. This serves to work well with the use of mid-point analysis. I have also used the RAMC method as well.

At the risk of boring list readers, I should point out a couple of things that most of us know. In Progression charts the slower moving planets should be looked at in terms of virtually exact aspects and the fact of applying or separating from an exact aspect should be considered. The Moon will change signs every few days and can make several aspect connections in a given year -- this will provide a strong clue to your emotional needs and those things that can affect you during the year. Progression charts are often read as "developmental trends" by many although the use of mid-point methods permits them to reflect general events with great accuracy.

Let us know how it all works for you. Dave