Saturn effect

paradoxx

AS mentioned in my other post (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=961273#post961273) Saturn is going stationary and retrograde in Leo, however, this comes at a precariours time trined to venus and pluto, and later the sun, mercury, and eventually Mars. Saturn will later on oppose Chiron (again). For those who haven't been following, this is going to be a familiar feeling of distressful battle of willpower, leadership, and other issues. Corporations have fallen during saturns transits (Enron for example) and teh best laid plans have fallen apart like shatterd glass while the plans that were just getting underway take a wrong turn down a dirt road.

And while Saturn is trining venus, restricting our sterotypes and prejudices that have been flourishing for a while, he squares mercury, placing our mental faculties at a challanging vortex of stress and emotional realities. We don't feel like engaging in wonderful small talk right now, and thoughts of worry are predominant in our minds, while reminders of societal restrictions plat havok with our lifestyle stability. The personal front is also ripe with suprises that we can't shake off easily.

Saturn trine Pluto is like tar and mollasas cooling off after a lavabake. Now which planet is which substance will differ from individual to individual, but pluto is direct, saturn is stationary, and the energy is stagnant. Everything seems the same, but the current surroundings are different, we feel like we are sliding backwards, but actually we are just losing some traction while the surface tilts us foreward. Essentially we need to turn around to see what is behind us that is catching up with us so that it doesn't crush us under a landslide (insert Oasis song Chamgane Supernova here).

Leo and Sagittarius are both fire signs, and that means action, while retrograde means the reversal or the indication of action that was not prepared for. Bad news is everywhere, but staying the course just might work as long as there is the fuel to get somewhere, time for a reprimand for detours unneeded. Change is in the air, and it is not a change that can be ignored.

That unavoidable change is predominant as Saturn and Neptune move into an opposition phase (which has already happened, our imaginations will be squelched by a reminder of actual reality).

Saturn trine the sun will make for interesting convesations, but again teh reality of central authority will be tested, and the reality of saturnian restrictions will be kept in focus and perhaps reveresed, as that may be the only way to make Saturns retrograde profiatable, letting go of restrictions and fixed plans.

Whew, that's a lot of saturn energy for this retrograde, and with the ever changing positions of the sun, mercury, venus, and mars, the energy will be just as unpredicable placing us is constnatly changing situations while the authority of leo-saturn takes none of it into consideration.

Free Flight

Hi Paradoxx

How long is this period going to last for? It sounds a tad ikky.

x FF

Barbaras Ahajusts

Free Flight

...this lasts through the 7th, and then venus conjuncts pluto, and we see a glimmer in the darkness. Mercury enters sagittarius on the 8th, pushing our mental mindsets into direct motion for a while, get ready for some challanges that require your complete attention. on the 9th mercury conjuncts mars, watch your tounge.

I don't know if its the full moon or Saturn but emotions, mostly reqrets, have been slipping about for me these last few days. If hubby bothers me with silliness, I just stare at him, no response, no reaction. Strange.

Barb

paradoxx

Saturn will return to direct motion April 19 of 2007, until then financial leadership will be difficult to achieve.

dadsnook2000

Multiple views of Saturn

There are multiple views or means of looking at Saturn within our charts.

** NATAL POSITION & ASPECTS of Saturn. This is one of two common views of Saturn discussed on the list. I won't repeat any of the "cookbook" meanings that should be known to most early-studies students. I would suggest that more consideration be given to house-positions than signs as "houses" and "aspects" tend to personalize Saturn for each of us much more than signs.

** TRANSITS of Saturn to the natal chart. This is the second of the two common views or discussion approaches taken here on the list. Thru the lens of a "transit" we can examine and appreciate Saturn in terms of events and personality-experince changes. These are often relatively short-term focused experiences except when retrograding may bring multiple transits to our natal planets.

** GENERAL TRANSITS THRU SIGNS of Saturn are nicely addressed by paradoxx's transiting posts each month and/or as appropriate. These depict general effects for all of us as well as more meaningful information about the range of Saturn's effects upon some of us.

** TRANSITS of Saturn to other planets WHEN SATURN AND THOSE PLANETS HAVE A NATAL ASPECT CONNECTION even though they may be making no aspect to a natal planet at the moment. This condition is often overlooked by many studying astrology. If Saturn and Mars, as an example, were in square aspect in your natal chart and were currently transiting such that they made a trine to each other but not to anything in your chart then they would REACTIVATE the natal patterns.

** PHASES, CYCLES & TRENDS over a period of time. As Saturn makes major transiting aspects to its natal position we can look at this as PHASE or TREND which has a prolonged period of effect. Considering "houses", Saturn can set a long-term sensitivity to that house's form of expression that we need to experience and react to. CYCLES of Saturn just to itself without regard to houses and signs and other aspects will also overlay the other ways that we can see and experience Saturn. Another form of CYCLIC EXPRESSION for Saturn can involve Solar Returns when Saturn shows up near the angles of the chart; setting a yearly theme of more intense Saturn-sensitivity.

** PROGRESSIONS of/to Saturn. Progressions OF Saturn within the chart are often life-time developmental sign posts for us to pay attention to as they slowly seperate or apply from/to exact aspects to other planets. On the other hand, progressions TO Saturn by other planets may happen more quickly. If so, they can represent developmental phases that affect a portion of our lifetime -- maybe only a few months in the case of the Moon, a few years in the case of the Sun, or five to twenty years or so for other bodies.

My point in reminding us of these considerations is that I often offer views and comments that both agree and contradict what others write. My intent is only to provide a degree of possible precision or more effective understanding of Saturn or other topics. Astrology can be complex, but the understanding of these many "views" or approaches can actually make the practice of astrology simpler and more effective. Hope this helps. Dave

paradoxx

dadsnook2000 said:
** TRANSITS of Saturn to other planets WHEN SATURN AND THOSE PLANETS HAVE A NATAL ASPECT CONNECTION even though they may be making no aspect to a natal planet at the moment. This condition is often overlooked by many studying astrology. If Saturn and Mars, as an example, were in square aspect in your natal chart and were currently transiting such that they made a trine to each other but not to anything in your chart then they would REACTIVATE the natal patterns.

That answers a great deal in regards to some certain individuals I do know and why they act certain ways sometimes (they have Mars/Saturn conjunct natally)

dadsnook2000

For Paradoxx

Paradoxx, let's take this example one step further.

Lets say we have Saturn and Mars 78 degrees apart in the natal chart. Lets also say the transiting Saturn and Mars currently are 78 degrees apart from each other. That is likely to activate the natal house meanings of Saturn and Mars as if they were being transited!

What this means is that Equal Arcs (a valid astrological factor) that occur in a natal chart and in the sky-transits act as if they were directly linked even though they appear to have no linkage. Now, I'm giving away some secrets to those just coming into astrology. PAY NO ATTENTION, too much may confuse you early studies students. Ha! If I could only teach astrology and throw out all of the bunk and just have someone learn the basics the right way. Dark Moons, Asteroids, Signs -- they would all be so unnecessary. Oh, well. Dave

paradoxx

Pluto is moving out of his retrograde shadow, lo and behold, on christmas eve itself. Saturn starts to cast his across the sign of leo, the darkness of power and authority start to show themselves w/ dignity befit of a king. Mving right a logn withthe group is Mercury, in Sagittarius and by the 27th, a shift to Capricorn, all the way conjuncting Pluto, The sun (both already formed to a conjunction during the last new moon [Dec 20, 07]in the 2007 year) and along the way, Venus, encouraging communication and family get togethers for the season.

Precious metals, gifts of an earthly nature, and any images associated with the earth will be predominant, holiday or otherwise, a benefit to Capricorns down-to-earth, although extra dimensional, way of doing things.

bladeraven

This sounds like a bad time to be a Libra. Lol...I did a check on my chart and it said Saturn aspect was sextile to Mercury at the Orb/Value .14/229
and then it showed Saturn was sextile to midheaven at the Orb/value .48/80; Does that mean that I should just basically find a bunker and hunker down for the rest of the month??

dadsnook2000

For bladeraven

Saturn symbolizes a number of things such as the earth, cold, harshness, restrictions -- and BUNKERS. You can't hide from Saturn. Saturn is a "process" of maturing, of responsibilities and obligations, of growth within time, of correction towards the mainstream, etc.

While transits may or may not be easily seen, depending upon several factors, the "process" will occur or you will only face it under more severe conditions later. Saturn is like winter, it doesn't go away until it is time to go away. Funny thing, thought, we mostly find we are better off for dealing with Saturn's lessons-opportunities. Dave