PDA

View Full Version : Help... major anxiety.. what crystals to use?

taz75000
07-12-2006, 14:33
Hi Im new to crystals in general.. I've had general and social anxiety for the past 10 yrs and figuring Im 23 thats about half of my life. I have a great lack of confidence and am very dependent on what others think though I dont want to be. I get hyper and panicked at times almost like an excited child. I am on meds and have been in therapy but Ive been trying out stones and they all seem to have profound effects on my feelings. Is there a stone which I could use for confidence,mellowness, and sort of a "go with the flow" type of vibe if you know what I mean? Whatever suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I just wanna wake up and be chill and cool while enjoying life as well

anonymous_artist
07-12-2006, 15:20
Hello there, well I have to say I too have had a social anxiety as well and to be totally 100% honest, a doctor and therapist can help you far more than crystals can.

crystalwoman
07-12-2006, 19:05
Hi Im new to crystals in general.. I've had general and social anxiety for the past 10 yrs and figuring Im 23 thats about half of my life. I have a great lack of confidence and am very dependent on what others think though I dont want to be. I get hyper and panicked at times almost like an excited child. I am on meds and have been in therapy but Ive been trying out stones and they all seem to have profound effects on my feelings. Is there a stone which I could use for confidence,mellowness, and sort of a "go with the flow" type of vibe if you know what I mean? Whatever suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I just wanna wake up and be chill and cool while enjoying life as well

Actually there is a stone that would be specific for your situation. It is Picasso marble, also commonly known as Picasso stone or jasper. It's only started becoming popular in the past 6 or 7 years but I'm finding it to be one of the most effective stones there is for treating clients with severe anxiety attacks, "shell-shock" syndrome, lack of confidence or self esteem, for keeping them grounded and cool, calm and collected at all times. It's also a highly protective filtering and blocking stone for anyone who may be an empath or psychic sponge to outside energies. I have also been recommending this stone to anyone who works in dangerous occupations, such as military, peace keeping, fire-fighting, etc. where a person really has to be able to keep their cool, remain calm and sensible.

In addition to Picasso marble there is smokey quartz, rose quartz, Botswana agate, ocean jasper, pink mangano calcite, mica, lepidolite, howlite - just to name a few of the more effective stones for treating anxiety, but your best bet would be Picasso. I did a google search of images of it for you so you know what to look for. You need to carry a disc or donut shaped piece about the width across of a large soup spoon, or a tumbled piece about the size of a walnut - wear it in a little pouch under your shirt over the heart chakra or the solar plexus.

See images of Picasso:

http://www.turtleoldman.com/picasso_marble.jpg
http://www.spherestoyou.com/Sshoppe/picasso.jpg
http://active-media.com/helms/pictures/MrSnake_abig.jpg
http://www.crystal-cure.com/pics/ball-picasso.jpg
http://www.equinoxbooksandgifts.com/assets/images/P-marble-175.jpg

taz75000
08-12-2006, 09:27
thank you both for your advice and thank you so much, crystal woman, for the stones you advised. I will try to find one of the picasso marbles.. it is so beautiful. thank you again

sharpchick
08-12-2006, 09:41
You could also try any of those stones in a "worry stone" shape. There is a little concave depression in the stone and it's meant to be rubbed with your thumb. It's small enough to be carried in your pocket when not in use. I find it very calming.

MountainAsh
09-12-2006, 15:33
I find the worry stones very calming as well. You can get them in many different types of stones.

I have never heard of a Picasso Marble, that is very good to know! From experience I find that Rose Quartz is very calming and relaxing (and very good for the "go with the flow" attitude), and I find that having a Clear Quartz with it amplifies those qualities. It may be good to meditate with these stones - meditation could probably do wonders for you.

A little off topic from your question on crystals, but I find that many types of tea and do WONDERS for relaxing, even just by the aroma. Chamomile, and mint/peppermint for example. It is what I do to relax and chill before and after work, and it really helps me, perhaps it could help you.

Lillie
10-12-2006, 02:27
If 23 is half your life...

I'm practically dead... :(

Nina*
10-12-2006, 08:46

That's what *I* thought, too... :(

But... we're not.... CERTAINLY not!!! :D

Wonderwoman
10-12-2006, 09:11
Personally, I have to say that Patchouli (small doses of it) have helped with my anxiety. I buy incense. I actually wear it as the base for my perfume. it has an immediate soothing effect on me. Maybe because it has that earthy scent.

viking goddess
10-12-2006, 10:11
I like amber, lepidolite and snowflake obsidian for anxiety relief.

Lillie
10-12-2006, 11:28
That's what *I* thought, too... :(

But... we're not.... CERTAINLY not!!! :D

no!
I'm the living dead, and at midnight my astral body sneaks around to the houses of the bright young things and I suck their youth out through their ear holes.

It's the only thing keeping an old hag like me going!!!

Nina*
10-12-2006, 18:33
no!
I'm the living dead, and at midnight my astral body sneaks around to the houses of the bright young things and I suck their youth out through their ear holes.

It's the only thing keeping an old hag like me going!!!
:D :D you crack me up!!!

Yeah... I guess it won't be long before they realize that it would be safer to put down people at our age. ;)

Eh.. and seriously... for anxiety (whether caused by older people over 40 or anything else) I'd recommend a kunzite. It's the most wonderful crystal in many ways; very calming.

mysticmonkey
10-12-2006, 21:51

I think what she meant is that she's 23 and has had anxiety for 10 of those 23 years which is nearly half of ther life she has lived so far. Not that she thinks 56 is ancient. :D

taz75000 I hope you can get the help that you need. Remember that although you may be experiencing anxiety in situations that some may not, or maybe not to the degree that you feel you have. Life is a process where everyone has to try new things as we go along and they can be scary for everyone, anxiety or not.
Whether it's buying your first house or taking charge of a small team of people in a work setting. These are scary things for everyone and people aren't automatically assigned the confidence to handle these things from the moment they are deemed an adult. We all have to grow into these roles.
So try to take comfort in that when faced with a new challenge.

Lillie
11-12-2006, 04:11
Ah well,

I have had anxiety for longer than Taz has been alive...

I've tried lots of thing to conqure it.

In the end I either...

Hide in the corner and not go out.

Or put on a brave face and go for it anyway.

I used to get drunk, but that in only a very temporary solution and never works out well.

Oh, sometimes I transmute the anxiety into general snarky bad temperedness.
This ranges anywhere form black humour and sarcasm to telling people to f*** off.

So, I don't know any useful answer, I was just making a fun joke.

Nina laughed, so I expect it was worth it.

Brigantia
11-12-2006, 07:57
I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, and even though I am a great lover of crystals, they haven't really done much to help me in that area.

The thing that helped me was finding a a good dr and getting a proper diagnosis, medication (Zoloft saved my life - I was in a perpetual state of severe anxiety and had panic attacks that would last for hours), learning appropriate breathing and relaxation exercise, and some cognitive behavioural counselling (CBT therapy). My life has been transformed.

Nina*
11-12-2006, 08:26
Ah well,

I have had anxiety for longer than Taz has been alive...

I've tried lots of thing to conqure it.

In the end I either...

Hide in the corner and not go out.

Or put on a brave face and go for it anyway.

I used to get drunk, but that in only a very temporary solution and never works out well.

Oh, sometimes I transmute the anxiety into general snarky bad temperedness.
This ranges anywhere form black humour and sarcasm to telling people to f*** off.

So, I don't know any useful answer, I was just making a fun joke.

Nina laughed, so I expect it was worth it.
Every word, yes! :)

Btw... A couple of years ago I used to do like you... get drunk.... Nope, it doesn't help.
Actually the kunzite DOES and I never leave home without it (of course I know it only helps because I convince myself it does, but who cares?!?!).

sascha
11-12-2006, 10:03
I will also second the opinion that good medical care is paramount. I had lived most of my life with depression and anxiety until a very kind doctor (whom I went to see for something else) gently---and over a great deal of time...I can be kind of stubborn! --- helped me understand I didn't have to live that way.

Between cognitive therapy and medication (prozac) my life completely changed. I am now comfortable with myself and in social situations. I still have the depression, and yes, I still get the shyness every once in a while, but I've learned over time how to manage it. As Brigantia mentioned, breathing and relaxation techniques are very helpful. Meditation and yoga are also, in my opinion.

I still like the idea of crystals, though, and sometimes when I'm a little stressed I hold one of my favorites in my hand as a comforting technique (or sometimes I'll grab my deck and just shuffle!) I have heard before good things about kunzite, so I'd like to find a tumbled piece.

The best therapist I ever had used to say, "What other people think of me is none of my business." And thanks to Nina* now I know where she got it! :D

Blessings to you.

Joermit
11-12-2006, 14:24
I'm get bouts of depression and anxiety as well... though I am on zoloft... I also find that Lepidolite is a wonderfully calming stone that helps... either keeping it on my person or even soaking in a bath with several polished pieces in the tub with me, it does seem to help... of course, the intention set with the stone is just as important, imo... also... I do use Bach Flower's "Rescue Remedy" in the little spirtz form... that helps as well... just some thoughts, and help... take care...

Joey

Brigantia
11-12-2006, 14:48
A friend of mine recently came into possession of a piece of single terminated Golden Healer. She had an almost miraculous disappearance of her arthritis. I am going to ask her if I can make a gem essence from it. I'll post the results!

Wandlimb
11-12-2006, 20:43
When my nerves were bad I used snowflake obsidian.

seaweed
14-12-2006, 23:19
Hi taz78000,

While it's not a stone, something that's helped me through some of the rough times has been a tea, Surrender to Sleep tea by People's Republic of tea--nice taste, full of valerian, skullcap, chamomile...some of the big hitters for settling emotions (I drank double strong cups while helping caretake for my grandma before she passed...families aren't always so civil at those times.) I won't work for major depression (although supplementing with B complex vitamins can help.) Please do whatever gives you the greatest relief and quality of life, I understand well where you're coming from, but also always keep in mind maybe the most important stone/mineral when dealing with the medical professsions--take everything/advise with a huge grain of salt. Most doctors, in my experience, don't understand "sensitivity" and they treat it like a thing to be fixed. If it's crushing in on your life, by all means, reclaim your world by any means necessary. But if the physicians begin crushing in on you, read up what you can then trust your own knowledge to stand as strongly as theirs. Even the best doctor will tell you their best odds for treatment involve a 80% success rate with 20% of patients experiencing idiopathic "illnesses" that don't resolve themselves (and that just means the doctor doesn't understand what they're dealing with, even with as much compassion as they might be treating you with.)

Please take good care of yourself :)

Emelgee
01-01-2007, 14:50
Hi there,

I know this thread is old but I would like to share my "story" of anxiety...hopefully, there will be some "gems" in my words :)

My grandmother and mother both suffer from anxiety (and my grandmother from depression as well), so I feel I grew up in an environment where I learned the response to situations was to clam up...see the worst and imagine the worst in all ways.

My first experience of anxiety was when I was 13. There had been two plane accidents occuring relatively closely to each other in time (somewhere in the world but no where close to where I lived) and I overheard someone say "these things always happen in threes". Well, from that moment on for a period of a 6 months, if I heard a plane flying overhead, I would freak out - hyperventilate, sweat etc. Somehow, in my 13 year old wisdom, I did manage to desensitize myself to that stimulus.

I didn't then suffer with serious anxiety until I was 19/20. One catalyst was going on the birth control pill. Doctors just give these pills out like they are candy and have no real effect on our bodies, other than stopping our ability to fall pregnant. This is so wrong! Our female hormones are WHO WE ARE AS WOMEN! You mess or alter your hormones and, I feel, you truly alter who you are as a person.

Having said that, given the family history of anxiety and depression I also don't doubt that I would have suffered from it in some form in any event.

I too was placed on anti-depressents - and at first I felt these were fantastic. I had no anxiety...but I realised over time that most of my other feelings were dulled away too. After 18 months I went off the anti-depressents and my anxiety returned with a vengeance.

About 3 years ago - I got annoyed about this whole thing. Angry! Why was I suffering this stupid habitual restriction and so many other people are out living their lives with not a worry in the world? And so, I started to investigate ways I could empower myself to overcome my anxiety.

Firstly, I ditched the pill. No additional hormones in my body. Then I looked at my life style - my stressful job, my self limiting beliefs - everything. Over time, I took up tai chi, qigong and meditation which has provided me with the clarity to see into the heart of my anxiety. Reiki is another useful tool for healing.

My experience of anxiety stems from the fear of doing the wrong thing or saying the wrong thing or other people thinking I look stupid. All external judgments that I place on myself that most other people surely never had about me. It has been a slow process and I am only now reaching into another level of myself and my self limiting beliefs and clearing those cobwebs away, too. My self judgment gave me anxiety. I was (and still can be) so much harder on myself than I would ever be to anyone else. I can forgive anyone anything...but I have still to learn to forgive my own "stupidity" in situations. My next steps are to break through those beliefs.

The crystals I like to involve are rose quartz (I sleep with that by my bed), moldavite (under my pillow) and sodalite (under pillow). I meditate with the rose quartz and I run through every organ of my body and intone "I am love" to each one. I am now finding where certain blocks in my organs are inhibiting my ability to live my life to its fullest.

Anyway - I just thought I would share and I hope that everyone is able to find their starting point to learn how to heal themselves.

Blessings
E

geministar
16-02-2007, 15:48
The picasso stone looks unusual, do you think it is a common stone that is easily accessible in any spiritual shop?

If I need some help with my nerves I think of anything and everything that might help me from calming teas to herbs to meditation and I like to hold a Howlite stone in my hand.

6 Haunted Days
16-02-2007, 23:00
I've been low lying anxiety with bouts of major panic for the vast majority of my life......

Major anxiety/panic? I pop a xanax :P I don't want it too get completely out of control, because then some serious stuff can go down.