not interested in my cards just now

star-lover

as much as i used to be

im sure this is normal in the journey
lately i have not been bothered with picking them upas much as i used to be, i might have done a daily read or an odd question but in last 2 weeks i have left them in the draw
guess i used them so much in last year its time for a break lol for both of us
i do miss them though
dont know why im posting this - perhaps to say its ok to take a break and gather thoughts and what they have taught you too hey?

xx :)

BrightEye

i find that too from time to time. not often, mind. but when i do i usually read more. that's the only odd(?) thing i notice. i need my cards with me though, even if i don't use them.

star-lover

i guess i would miss them if they were not there
they are in my pc desk draw on the right
i log on in the mornign and i know my cards are just to to the right - i ask them about my dream last night, my day, my latest situation vis a vis certain special other - i have my pendulum too......its all a crutch and a habit for me personally....butit helps

need to change though lol and get on with it without all that

BrightEye

star-lover said:
need to change though lol and get on with it without all that
why? i find they are good tools to help you find out about yourself.

star-lover

BrightEye said:
why? i find they are good tools to help you find out about yourself.

yesthey are of course what
i meant was leaving them and doing your own work on yourself without reading them for a good while

the cards have helped me but i feel i have to go off by myself for a bit then come back to them if i need them again only saying cos they gave me lots of good advice to date and dont wanna nag them for more lol.....i just need to sort my life out - i was distraught and distressed when i went to them - i hav eot do it myself now thats all im saying

Miren

It's true...in that you have to actually DO things, you can't limit yourself to continually reading about them. I'm sure that when they're useful you'll come back to them. Until then, I hope that you have a lot of fun doing and being. :)

Vadella

I go through this sometimes. One of my friends wanted to know if there were others that had tarot addictions (as I call mine) and I laughed and said "OH YEAH, A LOT OF PEOPLE!" lol But we all need breaks from them at times and then we feel sad as to why we must do this... don't make excuses for it. :p (I'm kidding) haha Your deck understands.

xx
Vad

tmgrl2

The whole relationship I have with the Tarot ebbs and flows....I was obsessed at first...studying, reading books, buying decks, reading online, the reading live, reading professionally.

But I definitely go through dry spells...I am just coming out of one...I think.

I just go with it. Listen to the little voices. If you really love the Tarot, it will call to you again...and lead you along.....

Some people collect decks...that's a beautiful thing...some of them do readings, some not...some people read only for themselves, some for others, some make a living at it, some have a marvelous background in the history of Tarot and its iconology.....some of them give readings, some may not...no rules. Frank Jensen who wrote the new book on the Waite-Smith Tarot, doesn't read with the cards, yet he has been fascinated most of his life with the history of cards.

It's a personal process.

terri

Simone

It's as with everything in life:

there is a time for everything - and if now's not the time for cards, well int hat case, accept this and follow your own flow until one day they might call to you again!

I have been through a similar spot recently, and only just started to think about my cards again.

Don't judge it - ride the wave just as you rode it when you were interested - it will not mean that you're moving away for ever! And if that is what it means, well, the wave will lead you to something else that is exciting to you...

this being said, let's move to the Talking Tarot Forum - hop on the train and follow the redirection arrow to find us!

robinchun

I think overkill affects us all in every aspect of life one way or another, taking a break cannot be a bad thing and you'll return to you interest, batteries re-charged and rearing to go!

Robin