Two Faced Querant

yakn

About two days ago an aquaintance at work who I guess had overheard myself an another friend talking about how my friend wanted to get together with me for a Tarot Reading(seems our schedules are always off preventing a good get together)
Anyway the aquaintance(shall we call her Madame X) came rushing up to me in the hallway saying her baccaret player psychic had told her that he had drawn the reverse divorce card for her(she had been and had in the past obviously asked for readings or such from him). She was wanting to know about what may be happening between herself and her ex-husband. Madame X wanted to know if I could explain or had any insight on this. I told her I had never heard of a divorce card but would check around. She asked if I could do a reading for her and maybe e-mail it to her. I said sure I would give it a try and e-mail her the results.
Then wham like a complete turn around she says "My mother is completely against Tarot, she says it opens the door to other bad things".
My response was "Well everything on this earth is a gift from God, it is how we use it that makes it good or bad". Then as she is walking off she says "No, it is wrong, that is why Samuel wrote what he did in The Bible...but I really want to know what is happening between me and my ex-husband".
I am left picking my jaw up off of the floor saying to myself "I do believe that I just came under attack" and of course "that's like the pot calling the kettle black, here she is a married woman but thinking about her ex-husband and tinkering with the idea of getting back together with him, wants me to do a reading, e-mail it to her, yet condemn me for reading Tarot cards" pifff!

Nope I have not done a reading or e-mailed it to her during my two days off. I am thinking that if and when she asks again (and I just know she will) or asks why I haven't e-mailed to tell her that since she felt so strongly that it was wrong that I thought she did not want a reading.
What do you think??
I just don't like feeling sucked into the trap of giving her the reading and then have her look down her nose at me judging me and what I do.

yakn

mysticmonkey

*lol* What a strange woman. Why insult someone if you are asking them to do a favour for you?
You wouldn't beg a neighbour to baby sit and then insult their parenting technique on your way out of the house.

I think what you suggested is a good response and see how she reacts to that. However she already knows you read tarot so if she is going to look down her nose at you she will do that whether you give her a reading or not.

If you think the reading could help her then maybe go ahead but I don't know if I'd want to waste my energy, especially if she's going to start asking you questions every five minutes.

Maybe tell her to stick to the person who's been reading for her so far.

firecatpickles

I would also tell her to stick with her current reader. She sounds imbalanced to me.

yakn

Thanks that was what I was thinking. Then I got to thinking well I did agree to do a reading but then Madame X pulled the "want the reading" but "you are evil for what you are doing" thing.
Thanks,

yakn

Elven

Hi yakn :p

As kind a Soul as you are :love: I would just say maybe something like "No - as a professional reader - my best advice regarding your reading would be ..." and maybe suggest to her to see her usual reader or someone else -

I get the impression that she may want to know what her husband is doing, and the reading will be based on him... and not her. With that in mind, she may be trying to plan something intentional towards him, and I get the impression that she may also hold you responsible if one itty bitty piece of information is not to her liking or seems wide of the mark. (Not that it would be, it maybe the way she will interpret what you said)

She's looking to get an edge on this guy, not a reading.

I hope you work this ut :p

Blessings Elven x

yakn

Thanks Elven. Madame X is prob number two on my list of people who have just went Jeckyll and Hyde on me. The number 1 person on my list I know how to handle and expect it. Have even warned Honey~Bee even if she begs for a reading DON'T do it make up an excuse "head hurts, don't feel good, etc." My little Honey~Bee is a little less tactful than I am, which means I guess lol she will always take up for herself. (by the way she turned 18 on the second of this monthlol). I am afraid if she had had Madame X do that to her she would have blasted her right then and there for asking. Ah the young.
I on the other hand let things sink in stew around and only once in a Blue Moon snap. I think I just got off topic lol.

Thanks again for the advise, just needed a little validation on my feelings on the matter.

yakn

AJ

Ethically we can't read about a 3rd party anyway. She would need to phrase the question about herself...as in What can I do to quit thinking about my x-husband. She won't want to do that.

yakn

AJ said:
Ethically we can't read about a 3rd party anyway. She would need to phrase the question about herself...as in What can I do to quit thinking about my x-husband. She won't want to do that.

Yep, this is really putting into words what my spirit was telling me but I couldn't find the words to express.
As Elven was saying Madame X just looking for permission to do what she is thinking about doing then if it turns out negatively she has a scapegoat to blame.
My spirit guide just would not let me sleep after I went to bed thinking I would do the reading for her anyway just because I had agreed at first before Madame X went all holier than thou on me.
Glad I got up and read all of ya'lls reponses I am feeling more settled about the matter now. Thanks.

yakn

Tarotphelia

I would be tempted to screw with her mind and tell her something like this :

"No, I can't do a reading for you . You have a bad attitude towards tarot , and any reading I did for you would come out wrong because you believe it's wrong. There's nothing I can do about that . "

There are plenty of tarot hypocrites around . They think if they get you to do the reading for them , you're the one that's "sinning" and not them .

ARudhra

distress for the reader

Hello, everyone~

I would tell this person, and there have been many such people in my life, that this is not the type of Tarot work that I do.

A reading is a dignified and useful effort, and like all efforts we are free to choose it or to pass on it. By a similar reasoning, I don't cook meals for everyone, either. I never subject myself to any sort of foolishness in the work of Tarot. If someone is planning an unethical use of Tarot or does not respect me, or the process, there is simply no point in dealing with it. There are millions of people who want something for nothing and do not engage in respect. Why serve them? Let the respectful seekers come to you, and pass on the rest.

I often say to people, "I can understand why you might ask, but I would not be comfortable with that. I am a professional reader and if I am reading as a courtesy it has to feel right to me, too."

I really do not feel that any sort of explanation or justification is necessary.

What did your cards say about this?