tarot not reflecting real life, but wishes??

cherryberry

ok...so I am a bit confused, I recently got a few lovely readings regarding a special topic...the readers were saying things are very close, but what can I say....nothing is happening. So I am wondering if the cards just pick up on the wishes of someone, confirm them but not whats actually gonna happen?

Has anyone any thoughts on this? :)

Tansey Ella

edited

cherryberry

yeah, I have already given up on reading for myself in imporant matters. But here, I actually refer to cases where someone else read for me.....how come, that the readings from different people more match (at different facettes to a situation) but still it doesn't come as predicted...odd...

Esee

cherryberry said:
yeah, I have already given up on reading for myself in imporant matters. But here, I actually refer to cases where someone else read for me.....how come, that the readings from different people more match (at different facettes to a situation) but still it doesn't come as predicted...odd...

Could it be because, having additional input into the situation, and seeing one possible outcome, you unknowingly changed how you were thinking of responding, and responded in a different way to the situation?

cherryberry

yeah, I am not sure of that...I might delay things, because I find myself usually doing the things that 'feel' right for me in that moment, regardless of advice. I try to hear it, but my inner voice is so strong (usually) that I cant help but do what I think. Interesting question though is, if it colors your thoughts to that extend that you do something out of character. But then again, it might be better to get no reading at all...because I understand - one side - it suspects the outcome based on your current way...but then again, I had cases where I had the reading - thought 'nah...I don;t see that that happening' and it did anyway.

I just think the cards are not as 'shortsighted' and do not take into account, the way you feel. Because life is always a process, so who ever is 'behind' the cards surely has so much 'foresight' to see your changes coming.

hmmm....

Miren

I tend to take my readings less as predictive and more as advice. Like one morning I did a 5-card spread, which basically yelled at me "don't step on anyone's toes today!" So I didn't. I was specially careful and the day went very well. Now I can't tell what would have happened if I hadn't read that. Maybe the day would have gone well, but maybe I would have thoughtlessly started arguing about something and a whole situation would have blown up.

Abrac

In my opinion, this is a very complex subject that would be hard to sum up in a short post. But basically I believe the Tarot reveals our hidden desires. Often these desires go unfulfilled because we do not understand them or do not understand how to bring them about. They can seem like "wishful thinking" in many cases. There is a potential for making them part of our "real life," but actually making the potential a reality is where it gets tricky. Many books have been written of the subject.

tmgrl2

I don't believe the Tarot is there to answer our wishes.

While something of a "predictive" nature may come forth during a reading, I see Tarot used to read for a question or situation as giving guidance as to how to behave or act to move forward in the situation or toward your wishes.

I'm not sure how you worded the question...but that, too, is a key......

Of course, Tarot has other uses...a tool for brainstorming, meditating.....

but I am wary of looking for "positive" readings that then grant our wishes...sounds a bit like a fairytale to me.

terri

6 Haunted Days

cherryberry said:

I'm thinking of doing that as well, at least for really important matters, I never seem to get a clear reading, or I get the exact I don't want. Like my fears are being mirrored right back. But perhaps that is the point? oh I don't know!