Sacred Days of Yule Discussion Group

Indigo Rose

Hi Pamela. This looks very interesting, and I would very much like to join in here. Thank you.

:heart: indigo rose

PS: I have printed my wheel and the instructions. Since tonight starts us off, I will be adding my reading a little later. This looks GREAT!!! Just what the doctor ordered. ;)

Indigo Rose

~Mother Night of Dreams~

Tonight starts night 1 of the Sacred Days of Yule.

Dec. 20th-This card reminds us to look for a particular message in our dreams tonight. The ancients believed htat our dreams on this night foretold some of the important events in the coming year.

I was drawn to the Ananda Tarot and pulled... ~Queen of Cups~
I have attached an image of it below.

This is quite a fitting card for Mother Night of Dreams

~The sky is painted with the ghost-like pictures. Central is a woman whose large luminous eyes are like windows into another world. There is a fish and Unicorn beside her. In the sky above her it almost looks like the image of Christ is over her. A filled cup sits on the earth below her.~

~The fish connects to Pisces...my Sun, Mars, Saturn, and Midheaven and currently the sign my Moon is progressed into. In addition my Jupiter is in the 12th house(home to Pisces).~

~I researched the Unicorn and found an interesting bit of history.

Unicorn Keyword summary: purity, divine connection.

~These words stood out for me: ….The unicorn represents purity and a Christ-like connection to God and the divine. Although a gentle creature, its horn could be used to protect if needed.So as a symbol it represents your desire to be closer to God, to work towards greater clarity in yourself, and to be protected while doing this.....this is very true of me.~

~My overall feelings from receiving this card tonight: On this very special night I am being shown that I am this Queen of Dreams under the protection of Yeshua HaMashiach. I feel this is also an indication of the year ahead. My dreams, visions, and intuitive gifts will continue to grow, as I seek to grow closer to the One who gave them to me.

:heart:

Azarial

Last night I pulled my first card for the following position.

"1. Mother Night of Dreams: - Dec 20th This card reminds us to look for a particular message in our dreams tonight. The ancients believed that our dreams on this night foretold some of the important events in the coming year. "

I wanted to wait until today to post my card because I wanted to see what my dreams were going to be last night.

I used the Shapeshifter Tarot, because I felt that it was a more spiritually based deck than some of the other decks that I have.

First let me say, for quite some time I had been interested in taking up the study of Reiki. It had actually been one of my New Years Resolutions for 2007. Last night, I took the plunge and finally registered for a Reiki I online class, where I will be certified in both Ascension Reiki as well as Usui Reiki.

I don't remember much of my dreams from last night, but what I do remember is that they all had one common theme, and that was Reiki.

The first card that I drew from the spread was Oneness. When comparing the Oneness card from the Shapeshifter tarot to a standard Rider-Waite deck, it would correspond directly to The World. Basically, this card is telling me that I will reach a place of reward and completion as well as spiritual growth in regards to my dream theme of last night over the next year. Being that the theme of my dreams last night was Reiki, I believe that the tarot is telling me that I will reach this reward and completion from the study and work of Reiki.

So far I think that this is a very interesting spread, and it seems to be very accurate as well. I am very much looking forward to the coming days spent with this spread.

Elnor

I drew my first card last night, (I am using the Hoi Polloi deck) and it was the Ace of Pentacles.
Unfortunately I didn't recall any of my dreams from last night, but I think this card is showing that I have the opportunity to continue working towards my dream, which is to hopefully have an art exhibition next year.

This card to me represents doing something which can bring inner harmony through our physical efforts- 'wholeness' via creativity... or that's what I'm striving for in my artwork.

This is a great spread... since I will be away from home over the holidays, my cards and wheel will be going with me!

Elnor

Tara2007

Am not familiar with the Hoi Polloi deck, but it sounds interesting...hmmm...must check it out....

I pulled my cards using the wheel, as instructed, and yesterday's card was the 3 of Staves, using my beloved Goddess Tarot. I have always taken this card as the card of continuation...you're doing well, keep up the good work....

Well, since last night was the Mother Night of Dreams I thought I'd post the dream I remember here, and see if anyone would like to comment.

I slept very fitfully, and had many dreams I cannot remember, at least not yet, so we'll see if they pop into my head in the next few days or so...but the one I do remember makes absolutely no sense to me at all. It was a kind of blurry vision of people I cannot identify, it seems some were seated around a table...it appeared to be a gathering or some kind of social event at any rate....and one person was clearly called "Raco"...a name I have never heard before...but it was said more than once in my dream. It's pronounced Ray-Ko.

Does anyone have any idea what Raco may mean? I have yet to find any spiritual significance... Any ideas on where I may look for info? It's the kind of thing that is staying in my head....

But I love this spread, I must say. It is interesting and enjoyable!

Whitestar

For last night I picked the 4 of swords...

But my dream (nightmare) was very upsetting!!!!!!

I have 2 sons, 3 years apart, aged 6 and 9.

In my dream, a woman who was my mom's friend when I was little came to my house and took my oldest son from me and said she was adopting him. A week later she brought him by to visit and I refused to let him go, pleading with her that my sons are twins (they aren't) and they can't be separated, and that he is MY SON and she can't take him!!!

It was really distressing!!!!!!

Whitestar

Indigo Rose

The Dream....

Whitestar said:
For last night I picked the 4 of swords...

But my dream (nightmare) was very upsetting!!!!!!

I have 2 sons, 3 years apart, aged 6 and 9.

In my dream, a woman who was my mom's friend when I was little came to my house and took my oldest son from me and said she was adopting him. A week later she brought him by to visit and I refused to let him go, pleading with her that my sons are twins (they aren't) and they can't be separated, and that he is MY SON and she can't take him!!!

It was really distressing!!!!!!

Whitestar

I can’t remember my dreams last night, but your dream speaks to me. The woman in the dream, in waking life did she take something from you or your mother? I see her as a symbol, for which I will describe in a moment.

The fact your oldest son is the one who was taken is significant. Your son's age stands out. At 9, he is at the end of the first 9 year cycle of his life. At 10 he starts his next 9 year cycle. It is this cycle which will move your son from boy to man. You were being shown this to prepare you for the coming years. The fact that he returns a week later, communicates that through the changes he will go back and forth between boy to man, man to boy...until finally he moves into the fullness of his manhood. In your heart, you take him back beside his brother where he can be the "little boy" again...his twin. This is the natural pull of the Mother's soul. Letting go of our children is like letting go of a part of our own body; there is an ache which defies explanation…but every mother knows this pain. It is the bittersweetness of Motherhood.
As for the woman in the dream, she is an archetypal figure here I feel for the woman or person who will replace you. Not as a mother in the real sense, but as the nurturer of your adult son…his future partner.

That’s what came to me.

What deck did you use for the reading? The imagery that popped into my head was the Llewlyn Tarot’s 4 of Swords. She is laying down dreaming…it is a beautiful card.

Indigo Rose

Day 2~Yule-Winter Solstice~

Dec.21 st-This card shows us how best to connect to the Light within and without-it symbolizes the Birth of the Sun.

Again, using the Ananda Tarot I pulled III-The Empress.

~Heaven and Earth~

The imagery here is of a Spirit Lady who is growing from the earth and reaching up into the heavens. Her gaze is fixed on High into the Kingdom beyond the stars.

I feel this card is showing my origin, my Earth mission, and my eternal destiny.

My origin: HEAVEN....I have come from the Mind of the Creator. He created me to fulfill a mission on this earth.

My Earth Mission: To learn, to live, and to teach the Truth of God.... LOVE!

My Eternal Destiny: To return to the Creator and my Heavenly Home, when my mission is completed.

The Empress connects well here. My Soul Number is 33/6...which makes the numeric energy of the Empress doubled. Together the two 3's become 6- the Lovers. This answers the purpose of earth mission: To LOVE and BE LOVED. The Empress' planetary association is Venus, which teaches harmonious blending of opposites; it is all about relating and bringing the parts together to form a whole. Venus is never far from the Sun, which I feel connects well to the symbolic Birth of the Sun we are looking at on the Winter Solstice.

My Sun is in Pisces...the Queen of Cups revealed this in Card 1.
My Venus is Aquarius. We are progressing into the Age of Aquarius...I actually believe we are there, but that is debated among Astrologers. In any case, this energy is transformative and uniting...all at the same time. In order to bring people together, we must challenge the barriers which keep us apart. We must look at them objectively and work to let LOVE overcome them.

Whitestar

Indigo Rose said:
I can’t remember my dreams last night, but your dream speaks to me. The woman in the dream, in waking life did she take something from you or your mother? I see her as a symbol, for which I will describe in a moment.

The fact your oldest son is the one who was taken is significant. Your son's age stands out. At 9, he is at the end of the first 9 year cycle of his life. At 10 he starts his next 9 year cycle. It is this cycle which will move your son from boy to man. You were being shown this to prepare you for the coming years. The fact that he returns a week later, communicates that through the changes he will go back and forth between boy to man, man to boy...until finally he moves into the fullness of his manhood. In your heart, you take him back beside his brother where he can be the "little boy" again...his twin. This is the natural pull of the Mother's soul. Letting go of our children is like letting go of a part of our own body; there is an ache which defies explanation…but every mother knows this pain. It is the bittersweetness of Motherhood.
As for the woman in the dream, she is an archetypal figure here I feel for the woman or person who will replace you. Not as a mother in the real sense, but as the nurturer of your adult son…his future partner.

That’s what came to me.

What deck did you use for the reading? The imagery that popped into my head was the Llewlyn Tarot’s 4 of Swords. She is laying down dreaming…it is a beautiful card.

Indigo Rose, thank you so much for your insight!!! I've been thinking about the dream all day, worrying that something awful would happen to him this year (kidnapping, whatever, mother's paranoia after a dream like that) but your thoughts on it make so much more sense :).

The woman who took my son in the dream is a friend of my parents who actually did adopt 2 children.....one of which (the boy) was the newborn of a girl they knew of from a neighboring small town (this was 30 years ago) and I've always thought how hard it may have been for the girl to give him up and be SO CLOSE to where he was growing up!!!

I really appreciate your analysis! Yes, the time is coming in the next year where I will have a big change, and go from a full time mom to working/school outside the home because my children are at school all day. No more little ones needing me so much, it is a hard transition, I've been a stay at home mom for 9 yrs. My role in their life is certainly changing.

And yes, indeed it was the Llewellyn!!!!!

Whitestar