PDA

View Full Version : 2 Issues

Niti
22-12-2006, 06:48
Okay, sorry if these are stupid questions, but:

1. Socio-Political Reflections -- I'm a subscriber and I don't see this section unless I click on a link to a moved topic in the chat forum. Is this normal? Am I supposed to see the Socio-Political Reflections somewhere in the forum index?

2. Last post - I don't know if this has happened with other threads in the forum, but this is the only one I noticed. I started a thread in the Reading Exchange about a week ago (link (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=71901)) and I noticed that in the thread list in that section, it says the last post was from me, 4 days ago. Because of that, I sent a message to SilentBreeze asking her for feedback. She wrote me back telling me that she had already given feedback, and it turns out she was the last poster, a day earlier, and for some reason the thread list hadn't been updated to reflect that.
Any idea why my computer (or perhaps the forum - do other people see it like this?) didn't update it to show that SilentBreeze was the last poster in that thread, not I?

Thanks
Niti

Michael
22-12-2006, 06:53
Hi Niti.

For the first issue, maybe the thread is hidden from you?

There is a link near the bottom of the main forum index page " Forum Filter Edit Mode". Click this and uncheck the boxes next to the threads you wish to view and check the ones you wish to hide.

I'm not sure about the second issue though.

Michael :)

Niti
22-12-2006, 07:17
Oh, thank you Tarocchi!

For some reason the Socio-Political section was hidden from me. Fixed now :)

AJ
22-12-2006, 10:18
Mine was too, thanks for asking the question. I'd seen a few thread slaps suggesting a conversation be moved to that forum, but never saw the forum so figured there weren't any threads there.

Solandia
22-12-2006, 14:25
Hi Niti,

Re: your second question - it's a forum glitch. The post information and the time to which a thread was last posted are held in different places in the database, and occasionally at busy times they won't be updated together.

It dos usually seems to correct itself after a few more posts; if not, let me know and I'll fix it through the admin panel.

~ Solandia