Some Help

Bronwyn86

I have been seeing a lot of oracle decks at my local bookstore and I want to delve into using them, but I am confused. I haven't used them before and I'm unsure where to start. I mean when I bought my first tarot deck I had no idea about divination and I just bought the first one I saw with a book.

Now that I know more, I don't just want any pack, so can someone suggest a good set for a beginner, or what to look for?

Simone

How do you read?

Maybe determining that will be the first step!

Do you read intuitively, read the pictures, or do you need defined meanings of the cards?

Do you use spreads or do you go along on feeling?

Oracles can be very different in that context, some can not be read in individual cards, some are great for one card messages...

Find that out and then look at the cards online if you can and see if they speak to you, too!

Hope this helps a bit ;)

Bronwyn86

I do listen to my intuitive feelings, but I like a definitive meaning on standby to help.

I'm looking more for a deck suitable for readings more than one card messages. I'm interested in seeing how different they are to tarot and what their unique abilities are.

I will check out the list of decks.

SunChariot

My suggestion is the Faeries' Oracle by Brian Froud. Not only does it have stunning artwork, but it comes with a hardcover book that describes in great detail everything you could ever need to learn to use the deck, even including meditation and centering exercises at the end of the book.

It's a fascinating deck with a sense of humour as well at times and the cards feel always new--there is so much detail in them you could see something new each time.

The only thing iabout learning to use the deck (if you learn with an open mind and follow the directions) is that it may well cause real faeries to show up in your life. I know they showed up in mine soon after I got the deck, but they have been pure joy, playfulness, magic and fascinating mystery every since. Wouldn't have it any other way.:heart:

Bar