Jeffrey Deaver novel & Tarot

Miren

So, today I was shelving at work when I ran across The Twelfth Card by Jeffrey Deaver. The cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0743491564/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-8440478-7577753#reader-link has a picture of Le Pendu, though I don't recognize the deck on this one.

I was wondering if anyone has read it or if they know whether tarot connects to the story (I couldn't tell from the plot summaries). Or if you recognize the deck. Today was the first time I'd seen it, for whatever reason.

calligirl

I read the book back earlier in the year. It's a typical Jeffrey Deaver book. I liked it but then I like all Deaver's books!

The Tarot cards are a plot device to use in the story which is interesting to Tarot fans but folks who know nothing about Tarot will understand the references also.

If you like that kind of story (murder and gory details), then you'll like the book. But if you're just wanting to read about Tarot then you may be disappointed.

Help that helps!

Fulgour

I can't name the deck, but here's a quick link...
maybe somebody knows ;) if this was a special
graphic designed just for the book cover, or...?

Attachments

• Le Pendu - The Twelfth Card.jpg
    Le Pendu - The Twelfth Card.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 59

Ruby Red Slippers

I bought the book, specifically for the tarot card on the front and was disappointed that the cards actually played very little into the plot line.

As calligirl said - it's a typical Jeffrey Deaver Book.

Maybe we should try and see what other books incorporate Tarot and see if anyone can say which are worth reading for the Tarot value and which are not.....

RRS