way shower

poivre

What is your understanding of way shower?

I'm unfamilar with this term. I have seen it as The Star,
Hierophant and the King of Cups.

Would this word mean a blessing or a giving soul in a reading?

Thanks for your time,
ros
:)

Debra

It's new to me, too. Da Vinci Enigma has it as the Star, shows an image of St. John the Baptist (pointing) and gives meanings connected with hope and insight. I suppose it's like "follow your star."

Personally, I found it annoying--for about two hours I read "shower" as in "shower of water" as in "take a shower or a bath, whichever pleases you." After all, the name of someone who shows the way is what? Uh. Guide? Is that what the Star means? Maybe not so much to me as some other cards.

Joining you in puzzlement......Debra

huredriel

Not heard of it before, but would take it, off the top of my head, to mean a guide, someone or something who is helping to show you the way forwards or out of a predicament ...... and I guess I would expect either Hierophant or Hermit to appear.

LixiPixi

I think that means "shower" as in "to show". Not shower like a bathroom. The 'ow' makes the long-O sound, not the 'ow' like in cow.

Therefore, "way show-er" would be someone that "shows you the way." As in a direction.

I can see the Hermit, Hierophant, and The Star in that role.

LP~

Abrac

I first heard this expression at a Unity church back in the 80s. In their vocabulary, Jesus was a "Way-Shower."

In the Book of T Tarot, the Star becomes the Way-Shower. The companion book associates it with the Masonic letter G, the Great Architect.

In one sense I understand the "way-shower" as a guide, but in the Masonic sense it goes one step beyond to an "inner architect." The first implies a passive state, while the latter implies an active one.

celticnoodle

hmmm....very interesting. i've never heard of this term before either. upon thinking about it, if the hermit, hierophant and star are considered as wayshowers, why not the magician also? does he not 'show' us the 'way' by using our talents we already possess?

LixiPixi

celticnoodle said:
hmmm....very interesting. i've never heard of this term before either. upon thinking about it, if the hermit, hierophant and star are considered as wayshowers, why not the magician also? does he not 'show' us the 'way' by using our talents we already possess?

I agree if it is meant in that term. But if it means the way that YDM42's link describes it (very explanatory, btw!), then it takes on a whole new meaning.

Debra

LixiPixi said:
I agree if it is meant in that term. But if it means the way that YDM42's link describes it (very explanatory, btw!), then it takes on a whole new meaning.

Yes. And also, in that link, "shower" has both main meanings: one who shows, and also a "shower" as in shower of stars, shower of light, shower from heaven, and my favorite, a warm-water shower with a nice sweet bar of soap ;)

I feel suspicious of this "shower" interpretation. Perhaps it's just because it's new to me. Is the hermit showing US something, or just looking for himself? I see that as a card reflecting isolated contemplation.

I see ALL the cards as "showers." I think that's what they're for!

SunChariot

LixiPixi said:
I think that means "shower" as in "to show". Not shower like a bathroom. The 'ow' makes the long-O sound, not the 'ow' like in cow.

Therefore, "way show-er" would be someone that "shows you the way." As in a direction.

I can see the Hermit, Hierophant, and The Star in that role.

LP~

Oh now I get it. LOL I was thinking shower like in a bathroom. I was really puzzling over it too. LOL Now that makes more sense with the explanation.

Bar