in depth versus broad readings

Leighanna

I have a question regarding multiple readings. I have a journal where I keep track of all the readings I do, for whom...etc, etc. I often look back over them to compare for accuracy, and because some of them are over time readings.

I have a situation that doesn't make sense. I don't want help with the readings themselves, but I am questioning my approach. I did a very broad chronological reading about two months ago for a friend. However, the more in depth (celtic cross) reading I gave her is indicating the opposite. This isn't a situation of asking the same question over and over...merely a general, over-time, "life" reading versus a more pointed situational one.

How do you deal with broad readings versus in depth situational readings in this type of situation...and how does the amount of time between readings affect your opinion?

I would appreciate any help.

L

Mellifluous

I would look at it as since the first reading, things or people have changed such that the course for that situation or aspect of her life is now different. Free will can change the course of anything one might see in a reading.

However, they might not actually be indicating opposites if you look them over carefully and remember what exactly was asked or how the positions were designated in the different readings.

Hope that helps. :)

ironmama

broad vs general readings

Hello, I would like to add that a broad reading may say, for example, that a person is heading generally in the direction of happiness, fulfillment, and the cultivation of inner strength. However, if you did a very focused reading for the current energy and situation, the person might recieve such cards as the tower, death, etc, showing that the person is going through quite a crisis and breakdown, and things of all sorts are rearing their ugly heads.
A contradiction can always occur if you are very focusedly looking at the trees, and then comparing it to the forest. You WILL see different things, and if there is any confusion, perhaps another reading to bridge the gaps between two different perspectives should be done.
My two cents :)