Fairy Ring Oracle/Froud Faeries

Jewel

Starfish said:
I worked a little bit with it this morning and WOW, does it tell it like it is! ;) It pegged my personality down to a tee (even the not-so-good aspects of it })). Jewel, you have got to work with this deck!

I am having this experience with the Fairy Ring Oracle at the moment *LOL* ... I have been real focused on all my faeries (Frouds and Fairy Ring) for quite some time now. The little time I have for tarot is to do my shadow and self-discovery work for which I am using the Healing Tarot, and my work with the Cosmic Tribe Study Group and 78 Degrees of Wisdom Study Group (currently located in the media forum) where I am also using the CT. The CT rocks! I don't know if I will ever really get into using another deck for reading than the CT. It is MY perfect deck, requires no effort from me ... the cards just speak up (or shout, dance, what ever else they are in the mood to do *LOL*).

I really need to win the lottery so I can retire and dedicate myself 100% Tarot and my Faeries *LOL*.

starfish66

Jewel said:
I am having this experience with the Fairy Ring Oracle at the moment *LOL* ...

Funny you should mention this particular deck... }) I've got a gift certificate to Borders that I think I'm going to purchase this with... In fact, I'm off to meet my friend up there at 1:30 p.m. I had purchased it before as a gift for this friend (who I'm meeting at Borders) and she oohs and aahs about it so much, I want to see for myself what the hooplas about ;) I'll keep you posted.

:TMAGE Starfish

Jewel

Starfish, if you have not worked with faeries before I would highly recommend starting with the Froud Faeries Oracle. The deck is much more interactive and has a fun way of teaching you about faeries and their "rules". The Fairy Ring is a very blunt deck, and I have found that my experience with the Froud faeries really deepend my understanding of how faeries communicate. Just thought I would pass this on before you went rushing off.

Summerdream

Hello Jewel, The Fairy Ring is one I've been considering getting sometime in the future (one more to add to list...hehe). I enjoy working with Froud's Faerie Oracle alot and think this would make a good complimentary deck.

Jewel

Momof3girls said:
Hello Jewel, The Fairy Ring is one I've been considering getting sometime in the future (one more to add to list...hehe). I enjoy working with Froud's Faerie Oracle alot and think this would make a good complimentary deck.

I definetly think it makes a nice compliment. I have not worked with both them at the same time yet, but that is the plan. The decks are very very different and you will notice that the first time you work with them. I do not find the Fairy Ring as friendly or interactive, and it is not "playful" like the Froud deck. What it does have is an honesty that runs deep. I love both of these decks very much, but in different ways. Hard to put into words.

I have a couple of ideas on how to use these decks together in a complimentary way. Let me know when you get your Fairy Ring and we can explore these together and develop new ideas and methods.

starfish66

Jewel said:
I do not find the Fairy Ring as friendly or interactive, and it is not "playful" like the Froud deck. What it does have is an honesty that runs deep. I love both of these decks very much, but in different ways. Hard to put into words.

I know exactly what you mean. It is very honest and definitely not a soft and fuzzy deck. I'm loving it! An added bonus is the meditation factor for me. I swear, I can get lost in some of the cards - especially the festival cards...

:TQP Starfish

jade

darn it starfish.......i was not going to get that deck and then you have to go and say something that makes me neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it.

*jade runs off to find that deck*

starfish66

jade said:
darn it starfish.......i was not going to get that deck and then you have to go and say something that makes me neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it.

*jade runs off to find that deck*

Hehehehehe... When I can tempt Jade into getting a deck, I feel that I'm truly a Tarot Siren })

Psssttt... Let me know if you find it, Jade ;)

:TQP Starfish

Jewel

Starfish said:
I know exactly what you mean. It is very honest and definitely not a soft and fuzzy deck. I'm loving it! An added bonus is the meditation factor for me. I swear, I can get lost in some of the cards - especially the festival cards...

I am so pleased to hear you are really liking this deck. Thanks for helping me describe the feel of this deck. Its brutal honesty is refreshing to me.
Starfish if you will look through your deck and pull out all of the festival cards you will find that half use one "base" picture which they modify and the other half uses a different picture as its "base". There are commonalities between the pictures using the same base, in that they use the same background scene and share one fairy that runs through each card ... then other fairies are added, the lighting and time of year are altered. Had you noticed that? I agree with you that many cards are easy to get lost in. I love the ones with the fairy animals on them ... beautifully done.

This deck is definetly not for those that like subtelty. It pretty much points out when you will use your weaknesses in making a decision (or acting in a particular situation), and the outcome of doing that. If you then ask "what can I do to achieve a positive outcome" it will then provide you with a card to guide you so you don't fall in the trap of using your weaknesses but your strengths instead. The more I work with this deck the more I like it. For those who like brutal honesty this is a great deck.

Kaz

Jewel said:

For those who like brutal honesty this is a great deck.
jewel, then it sounds like a perfect deck for me, :p
off to see what you people are talking about......
to be continued

kaz