Tarot clothes

SunChariot

I just got my Quest Tarot Friday, and I was looking through the book. It actually suggests what kinds of clothes you should wear to read. Purples and golds, only real silver and gold jewelry, 100% natural materials if possible.

Does anyone really have special clothes they like to wear (just for Tarot) or clothes they would avoid wearing while reading???

I would agree it is important to feel comfortable, but I don't know for myself about the rest?

Bar

greycats

Snork?!! :bugeyed:

Now deckers are telling you what to wear?
Next it will be what to eat and who to bed, I guess. :p

(Greycats tidies her lovely grey fur). Gold and purple, indeed!

Wear what you please.

If you want suggestions, I'd say (1) don't wear anything that distracts you and (2) if you can, wear something that makes you feel good.

diane drizzy

Being one of the lowest maintenance, minimalistic people I know, what a scary thought to have to live up to a deck of cards!!!!!

Miren

I wear clothes to read tarot. Sometimes. That's about as fancy as I get.

starrystarrynight

I haven't gotten that far into that book yet, but, really....you have got to be kidding. Holy cats. Did they say anything about a Johnny Carson-esque turban?

Apollonia

To quote Gilda Radner, “I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch.” Especially when reading.

Reminds me of the time I went to a seminar on angels. I was told to wear white underwear and bring a question for my angels. My question was, "Why do you care what color underwear I have on?"

Aulruna

I always thought the author of the Quest was a bit of a control freak - to get started with a deck, he tells you to have a whole plethora of things ready which I never possessed (like the pine top reading traditionally used by Tarot masters). The deck itself has always confused me with its many many features, and the book covers every possible purpose, not even shying away of a section called "Tarot Party Games", including even a Tarot version of Truth or Dare! (I like that one actually.)

I'm an eclectic dresser when I'm in the mood. When not, I wear black. As for jewelry - my treasure chest of costume jewelry would be offended if I trashed it because of materials like polymer clay and fake rhinestones...

Papageno

SunChariot said:
I just got my Quest Tarot Friday, and I was looking through the book. It actually suggests what kinds of clothes you should wear to read. Purples and golds, only real silver and gold jewelry, 100% natural materials if possible.

Does anyone really have special clothes they like to wear (just for Tarot) or clothes they would avoid wearing while reading???

I would agree it is important to feel comfortable, but I don't know for myself about the rest?

Bar

Please don't take anthing I say personally.

first of all I hate the Quest Tarot. the computer graphics are (IMHO) hideous.

edited out cranky comments to simply read:

clothing............irrelevant

fadestoblackk

..."My question was, "Why do you care what color underwear I have on?""...
Hahaha excellent question.

But as to the first question, the thinking behind it would be that type of clothing channels energy better. However, most of us, I am sure, get along fine without caring too much what we are wearing. If you'd like to try it, I would be interested to hear how it worked for you, but I predict (no cards here) that the difference you find is negligible, if anything.

I would personally like to do all of my readings naked, but then there is the awkward issue that some people have with baring their bodies to complete strangers. As well as the cold issue...

Major Tom

fadestoblackk said:
the thinking behind it would be that type of clothing channels energy better.

Actually, I find that organic clothing channels energy better - hemp better than cotten or wool and that polyester actually blocks energy.

Purple and gold are pretty good channelers of energy when you get into colour symbolism. :smoker: I tend to wear shades of green and brown - although in summer and at festivals I wear bright colours.