On the Tarot -- a short essay

Kenny

On this page (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=68320 ) EnriqueEnriquez posted a long essay on tarot and one line shone out for me. It was something like: when you read a card, you read three; the card, the card before, and the card after. Yes, tarot study is a journey but it is one which we all take no matter who we are, whether we study tarot or not. I feel the tarot is a study of life. It is our own truth—what I come up with an answer to what a card means is not the same answer that you, my neighbour, or your neighbour will come up with.

Also today I read that if you get the all the psychics in the world together you’ll end up with a jigsaw that needs to be put together. However I feel that if you put all the people in the world together you will end up with a greater jigsaw that needs to be put together. Alone I may be a splash of red but with the eight neighbouring pieces I could end up a flower, a post box, a telephone box, or anything else—add even more pieces and more detail will be added: a telephone box next to a tree for an example. For you however I could be a red rose in a lover’s hand, or a bandage stained by blood. My truth is not your truth. The wisest fool is one who shuts up and learns, the true fool says he knows it all.

I am a fool and I am on a journey.