Spirit Guide or Subconscious Mind?

Crystal17

Hello,

When asking a question, what do you think guides us to know which tarot cards to draw ? I know it is intuition, but is this intuition a result of the power of our subconscious mind or do you think intuition is the result of a spirit guide's guidance?

I wonder because though I am very new to reading tarot cards, I was doing a reading for my brother and he was amazed by the accuracy of the results. However, I credited my mind and now it seems like I lost my gift.

* I think I put this ? in the wrong forum. However, I have not yet learned how to move questions. Sorry.

Kangiska

Hello Crystal,

Personnally, I start to wonder if there really is a difference.

When I ask questions in my head, I often get an answer back (which is accurate). I thought it was my mind too, but some friends of mine 'hear' the same answer in their head at the same moment.

So it can be something outside, but it can also be telepathy.

As I base my belief on the 7 'rules' of the Kahuna, I stay with the idea of KALA: There are no limits. Everything is linked.

Kangiska

Ashara

I think it is a combination of both. A lot of times Tarot is a medium through which your own subconcious mind can speak through, but other times there is need for guidance from a 'higher' power, like a spirit guide. Either way, I don't really think it matters, as long as you get insights you can use.

Fulgour

I was at a carnival a few years ago, a county fair with rides
and lots of exhibitions too with booths for sellers of all kinds.

At one booth, taped to the side of the table, was a sign:
"Tarot Reading $10." I asked a few (polite, very general)
questions and~ they didn't seem to know what the deck
was or even how many cards... but they said very firmly:

"They're always right!
Every time!
They're always right!"

I liked that, but I never got a reading or asked to see the
deck (you know, they give that suspicious look around).;)

"They're always right!" Spirit guides can be subconscious.

Baccus93

Well, maybe I am not always right, but the cards are. That's why I want so much for my clients to do follow ups with me even if they discover I was so bogusly off that they caution themselves to wonder if they want their money back. The cards are always right and I am always learning to shut the ego off and let them tell me what they signify. Strength (Atu XI in the Thoth deck) no longer means only what I once thought.

The cards are a method of unlocking the unconscious mind's symbolic language, and this allows us to tap into the higher regions of "Mind" (notice the capital "M"). This is the realm of what history has labeled "spirit."

Now I don't want to go to deep into philosophy or religion, but that's a taste of the way I see things. And your having labelled it mind and lost some ability (temporarily I am sure) is suggestive.

BrightEye

i personally think it matters whether the messages come from a higher source, a source outside your own psyche, or from the subconscious mind. the subconscious mind is still learning, so it can also be misled or misguided, whereas i would a spirit guide or angel would not be. i imagine them as wise and beyond illusion, otherwise they wouldn't be guides.

how to tell the difference between the two is another matter.

coyoteblack

Kangiska said:
Hello Crystal,

As I base my belief on the 7 'rules' of the Kahuna, I stay with the idea of KALA: There are no limits. Everything is linked.
Kangiska

Huna is my spiritual path as well I was gong to say you higher self communicates with your subconscious. intuition is just a way of communicating with the higher self

And Pono effectiveness is the measurement of truth also applies

Fulgour

Baccus93 said:
Well, maybe I am not always right, but the cards are.
I surely applaud this notion...it takes courage to see
how it can be true, but ask two people what they're
thinking when they see the same cards, and it's sure
that you'll get different answers, and both right too!

[And, side note: Hi :) Baccus93! Have you discovered
yet what was the deck you got as a gift awhile back?]

rebecca-smiles

Crystal17 said:
Hello,

When asking a question, what do you think guides us to know which tarot cards to draw ? I know it is intuition, but is this intuition a result of the power of our subconscious mind or do you think intuition is the result of a spirit guide's guidance?

I wonder because though I am very new to reading tarot cards, I was doing a reading for my brother and he was amazed by the accuracy of the results. However, I credited my mind and now it seems like I lost my gift.

* I think I put this ? in the wrong forum. However, I have not yet learned how to move questions. Sorry.

I really do find it hard to believe in spirit guides. So there is my bias for you, so now my comment is this:

As soon as my ego takes over, and i tell myself "I'm a good reader, i can read tarot, 'I' Am a Tarot Reader", i also lose my 'gift' but i think that is because my big ego starts to stand in the way of the reading; I do the readings from a point of view of reader, rather than politely asking the cards, and trying to understand the situation for the person i'm reading for. Then i lose my confidence, question my ability, learn some humility, and address the cards, and LO! my readings are good again. And even if i did believe in spirit guides, i don't think i would want anything to come between me and the cards, why have a mediator when you can talk between yourselves? And if i need a little help, i ask my fellow human beings.

Nothing wrong with spirit guides. I just prefer to keep it simple :)

Baccus93

Fulgour said:
[And, side note: Hi :) Baccus93! Have you discovered
yet what was the deck you got as a gift awhile back?]

Not yet. I guess I really haven't been trying hard enough. I will make it the task of today.

[edit] After two searches through the Tarot decks shown on this site I found it. The Jonathan Dee Tarot.

Thanks.