PDA

View Full Version : scrying with crystals

thinbuddha
12-01-2007, 09:48
Rather than attach onto the thread from a couple of months ago, I thought I'd start a new discussion since I'm having trouble with scrying.

I have gotten to the point where I can sometimes almost see or feel something happening- but it is sort of like when you are first learning to ride a bike, and once you get going your mind says "Whoa- I'm actaually doing it- now what do I do?" at which time you lose your mojo, so to speak.

So I have, at times, seen something stirring within my crystal ball, but I actually have better luck with closed eyes and no crystal.

I know this is sort of like asking how to enjoy music, but if anyone has any new input on how to get past this early hurdle in scrying, I'd love to hear it.

-tb

Scorpio Kitten
13-11-2007, 05:47
Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! I've always had a hard time with scrying. Don't know why. I'm starting to think I'm just more clairaudient than clairvoyant and maybe that's my problem. Sorry I don't have any advice. I seem to lose my "mojo" at that moment as well. But I thought at least I may as well post just so you know you're not the only one out there with this problem. :) Hopefully someone can give us some advice!

Milfoil
13-11-2007, 06:18
I have gotten to the point where I can sometimes almost see or feel something happening- but it is sort of like when you are first learning to ride a bike, and once you get going your mind says "Whoa- I'm actaually doing it- now what do I do?" at which time you lose your mojo, so to speak.

There is the first clue . . .

. . . but I actually have better luck with closed eyes and no crystal.

And there's the second. Scrying has, in my experience (and I am happy to be corrected here if others have found different ways) less to do with the scrying object whether it be a crystal ball, an obsidian mirror or a dish of water etc and way more to do with your inner vision.

When you get to that stage where your inner mind chatter stops, your awareness expands and you are 'there', then what is in front of you is only the seed or initiator to the images.

Some people seem to work better than others with scrying stimuli and others are better without.

I have a beautiful obsidian mirror which looks great but I get more without it.

willowfox
13-11-2007, 14:17
And there's the second. Scrying has, in my experience (and I am happy to be corrected here if others have found different ways) less to do with the scrying object whether it be a crystal ball, an obsidian mirror or a dish of water etc and way more to do with your inner vision.

It is all in the mind anyway, which ever way you approach it.