The Tree Angel Oracle

TheArchangelsBoy

Has anyone had any experience with this deck?

My Archangel won't let me touch it and one of my friends advised me against using it flippantly - especially one reading that spoke to the underworld.

Any feedback would be great. :)

faunabay

I don't have it but have been looking at it. hmmmm.... I think it looks interesting. Maybe it's just not the right thing for you at this time.

Satori

Thanks for bringing my attention to this one.
I actually think the cards are quite nice.

celticnoodle

I'm having a hard time finding this deck where you can see images of some of the cards. I do see the book with the picture of one 'tree angel' and this pic is intriguing to me. I wonder why your Archangel doesn't want you to touch it? faunabay could be correct that right now you are not suppose to use it, but hopefully one day you will be able to.

what inspired you to purchase it? had you seen the cards before or used them at all? does your Archangel give you any reason as to why you should not use it? Also, why did your friend give the advice that they did? Do they have experience w/this deck?

sorry if I am being so nosy, but as I stated above, I'm intrigued by it. I'd like to know more about it.

yaraluna

TheArchangelsBoy said:
Has anyone had any experience with this deck?

My Archangel won't let me touch it and one of my friends advised me against using it flippantly - especially one reading that spoke to the underworld.

Any feedback would be great. :)

Are you sayig that this deck uses energies of the underworld?

the info i've found is tothe contrary. it seems to be an oracle that remembers and uses the energies of the tree people. The Inca people for example, recognize the tree people as one of the 'worlds' that we have close to us.

i found thislink with a couple of images for those wanting to see more cards.
http://www.cygnus-books.co.uk/mind_body_spirit_books/tree-angel-oracle.htm

yara

TheArchangelsBoy

One of the spreads it uses is called The Primeval Doorway. Apparently this is directly used to take the person using the card to the Underworld.

6 Haunted Days

TheArchangelsBoy said:
One of the spreads it uses is called The Primeval Doorway. Apparently this is directly used to take the person using the card to the Underworld.

I guess it would relate directly to your beliefs and attitudes about the Underworld as a whole. In my case it's not a bad place of all. It's a wonderous place of life, primal powers, faery, ancestors and whatnot.

In the tree of life there is the Underworld, Middle World and UpperWorld (Stellar).....each has it's facets, functions and powers...and there is bad energies and entities in each world to watch out for....Stellar included.

Milfoil

TheArchangelsBoy said:

For starters the underworld is not Hell. Ancient cultures and 1st nation peoples of the world generally don't have a word for Hell because it doesn't exist in their belief system but they use the term 'Underworld' because it adequately describes the direction of travel (into mother earth - the creator) to find and access other realms of existance. There is also the middle world (here) and the upper world.

When a reference is made to the Underworld in a spiritual sense it is usually refering to a Shamanic understanding of such. There is too much to explain here but certainly it is not anything to be fearful of.

TheArchangelsBoy said:
My Archangel won't let me touch it

I can't think why unless you're not ready or need to learn a whole lot more about different cultures.

TheArchangelsBoy said:
and one of my friends advised me against using it flippantly - especially one reading that spoke to the underworld.

When people fear what they don't know, they make innapropriate decisions so perhaps you and your friend are being told to stick with what you know untill such time as you are ready to expand your knowledge and understanding.

Decks, cards, stones, bones - whatever you use to divine or connect to the divine, they are all just bits and pieces. Its the meanings we personally assign to them in a reading that makes the difference, hence one card can mean so many things to so many people and in so many different situations.

Why not ask your guide why?

TheArchangelsBoy

Err...um...ok.

That was a bit harsh, Milfoil. :s

Milfoil

It wasn't intended to be harsh, simply helpful, but if you are offended then I apologise.

Edit: may I just ask which part you found to be harsh and why?

Thanks