Martin Luther King's Birthday

Rosanne

This from an Astrology site:

The messenger planet Mercury is entering the inspired realm of Aquarius -- the sign that encourages idealism and humanitarianism. Expert astrologer Jeff Jawer describes the astrological event as "A time of freedom, a time to answer the call of our highest ideals."

In synchrony to the memory of this great human being, Mercury enters Aquarius on January 15 -- which is the anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birth. True to this inspiring planetary aspect, Dr. King was the very embodiment of community, equality and idealism. He expressed the highest dreams of humanity and showed us all by example what we can create when we set aside our differences and work together.

I have decided to celebrate in someway this great American- any practical suggestions? ~Rosanne

MoonGypzzy

This might sound silly....

But how about lighting a white candle for starters. Maybe at the time of his birth(If you know the time).

MG
xoxoxo

Rosanne

Not silly at all Moongypzzy- That is a good idea, thanks ~Rosanne

MoonGypzzy

I tried

to find his time of birth for you but no luck..so sorry:(

MG
xoxox

Rosanne

Me neither- but I will light it at Midnight and keep it going for 24 Hours- that should cover it :D I have printed out a photo and his speech and I will read it out when I light the candle at 12pm. 3hours 55 minutes from now- how about a prayer for Peace from you? in any format to any God/dess you choose?~Rosanne

MoonGypzzy

Im so sorry

I missed that!!! I went to bed right after that so I didnt see your last post:( Otherwise it was a very good idea.

So sorry..MG..xoxoxoxo

Wonderwoman

Great Idea!

I'll light a candle as well!

YDM42

I will light a candle as well.

Rosanne

I lit the candle at midnight it has been burning for 9 or some hours now (big candle :D) I read out his Nobel Prize Acceptance speech of 1964. He gave it in Norway. I felt a bit silly to start with, but then his words took over. Most of the speech applies today...
Civilization and violence are antithetical concepts..... sooner or later all the people of the world will have to discover a way to live together in peace.....man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejuects revenge, aggression and retaliation
The outstanding part of his speech for me and one I truely believe is this :-

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE IDEA THAT MAN IS MERE FLOTSAM AND JETSOM IN THE RIVER OF LIFE, UNABLE TO INFLUENCE THE UNFOLDING EVENTS WHICH SURROUND HIM. I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE VIEW THAT MANKIND IS SO TRAGICALLY BOUND TO THE STARLESS MIDNIGHT OF RACISM AND WAR, THAT THE BRIGHT DAYBREAK OF PEACE AND BROTHERHOOD CAN NEVER BECOME A REALITY
Thanks everyone for your support, we have made a difference!~Rosanne