PDA

View Full Version : 5,6,7 of wands in relationship questions - negative?

wind
23-01-2007, 00:11
5 OF WANDS
How do you see it? I see it as someone needs to fight for the attention of the other or there are many differencies between two people. maybe a relationship is a problem because there are many other activities which distract.

6 OF WANDS
I tend to see 6 of wands very negatively in relationship questions, I see it as someone bragging, being proud, vain and wanting to be on the top or admired. A total ego trip. And as a trophey - someone gets what they want with another.

Maybe in some cases I see it as a good sign, in outcome position for instance that troubles will be overcome.

7 OF WANDS

This I see as someone getting what they want or being quite agressive. Having their will, their way of how things should be and they want to assert themselves.

I see all these three cards quite in a negative way - is there maybe a more positive note to them? Maybe 5 of wands is a passion bubbling, 6 of wands being proud and happy because you are with this person or being proud of this person, and 7 of wands maybe as resoltion to make the relationshipm work?

Other thoughts and insights most welcome!

magenta
23-01-2007, 01:01
I see all these three cards quite in a negative way - is there maybe a more positive note to them? Maybe 5 of wands is a passion bubbling, 6 of wands being proud and happy because you are with this person or being proud of this person, and 7 of wands maybe as resoltion to make the relationshipm work?

you answered your own question wind....

the cards you mentioned are not negative in nature....it depends how they show up in a reading.
The Death card is one of the most feared but it can actually come to signal a deep change and transformation in someone's life....with a positive outcome.
Same for the Tower....

I actually see the 3 cards you mentioned as pretty positive...the 7 of wands for me is somone willing to stand their ground, no matter what opposition comes their way...a card of resilience and strenght.
The 6 of wands is a card of victory and yes of having a proud feeling about an achievement, that is not a bad thing.
Or it can also signal someone that makes you feel good about yourself.
The 5 of wands can be a playful, passionate interaction.

xoxooxo
magenta

Grizabella
23-01-2007, 01:15
I think it's interesting the way you see the six of pentacles. That's an interpretation I hadn't thought of but it really could make sense in certain situations.

The five of wands could mean the "mating dance" that people go through. He's aggressive, she's more reserved, or she's aggressive and he's more reserved. It's kind of a dance sometimes, you know? And that kind of "battle" isn't negative. Some cards seem to show more of a game than a real battle.

The seven of wands could mean a conflict between the two people over sex. You know how that goes. "But I have a headache" and "Oh but I'll hurry--please, please, please?" :P At least that's how it worked at my house after a rough day with the kids. That's not a negative battle, either, but it can sure feel like it sometimes.

But any card has many meanings, and it sounds like what's happened for you is that you've gotten stuck on just one meaning for these cards. Try taking them and just brainstorming with them, writing down as many conceivable meanings for them as you can possibly think of that could apply between a couple or between any two people in any kind of relationship.

wind
23-01-2007, 01:27
Hi,

thank you a lot for your input - very interesting!

I liker your observations, lyric, they really bring a fresh perspective:)

it is true, I was stuck in an only one way to see these cards, that's why I asked how other people see them - very insightful things coming up!:)

WalesWoman
23-01-2007, 03:35
Maybe I possess some rose colored glasses, but my ideas are much more positive for these cards in relationships.

5 Wands... could represent everyone wanting to do things their own way. I've seen that in action, when I have an idea of what I want and my guy builds it the way he sees it... which was nothing at all like I had in mind. But it's also a lot of fun too, the bantering, kidding around part of relationship... having fun fooling around with each other... flirting, experimental playfulness in the passion and desires dept. How often do you see couples giving each other a bad time, with smiles on thier faces? Ribbing each other in good fun. There is a lot of room to get creative here.

6 Wands... I think is a great card, that you have had a lot of ups and downs, rough spots that you went through and got over... the fights didn't mean the end of the relationship, but actually brought you closer together, going beyond each other's defenses and into the real heart of the matter. That point where you KNOW you are going to make it, realizing that there will still be battles to fight along the way, but you both want it to work and are sure it will. This is the gateway I think... being given the keys to each others heart and soul.

7 Wands.... see above (still battles to fight along the way)... defending what you hold dear in the relationship, not allowing crap to sneak in or get past your defenses. So it could be the things that you stand up for... what you won't put up with. So it's maintaining your own individuality within the relationship and not allowing things to get you down. Maybe your mother hates your mate... so you defend them. Maybe you still don't see eye to eye about somethings, but it's not enough to truly divide you and this is making sure it won't. 7's are about success and finding your center, wands are the passion, drive and desire to make it be. So I think it's finding a middle ground and holding it, not allowing the petty crap to create any real division or erode what you do have.

No real relationship is a constant state of peace and harmony, because no one is perfect, it would become damn boring in fact and the odd numbered cards add the spice to a relationship I think.

I would look at these cards as the progression a relationship has to grow through in order to reach maturity.

ironmama
23-01-2007, 04:02
I agree, i would definately site that if these cards came up in the reading , progressing from 5 to 6 and then to 7, it would signify to me that progress is happening and yes, i would say positively.....
hahhaha depending of course on what other cards came up! :)
Sure the 5 represents conflict, but the way i've always seen it, it's like playful conflict, whereas 5 of swords is way more cut and dry and harsh. The six of wands in the motherpeace deck emphasizes personal empowerment and the recognition of that inner flame we all have, and that the time is right to nourish that.
The 7 of wands again i would not necessarily read as negative either.....
it's about taking a stand, and if supported by the other two as you have them, i would say that in regards to a relationship, the person you are doing a reading for is going through a process of discovering his or her inner power, independence, and ability to creatively and passionately steer their own boat.

BLFO
23-01-2007, 04:43
this is an interesting thread because I have gotten all these cards recently.

I am estranged from a gentleman and I did a tarot reading on him concerning my life and my outcome was 6 Wands. I did 3 more relationship spreads and I kept getting 6 wands with Hang Man. I haven't talked to this person in about 4 years! I would try to contact him just to see how he was doing and he never returned my calls. Well last week, he recognized me (6 wands, which is a recognition card. A man being celebrated and recognized by his peers due to winning a battle.) enough to send me an email (Hang Man, for hanging on a "line". Being on a line...online!)

Since I used to like him and all, I thought that him contacting me would make me happy. But I was pissed, because in all these years I was ignored. So I was like what is this contact about? What would happen in the future. And the outcome card for our relationship would be a 5 Wands, depending what type of spread I was using, his actions in the future towards me would be a 5 Wands. I never had this card show up concerning me in my life. I thought that it meant that we will argue or fight. Or would he consider me part of his "gang" like he wants to be my buddy? I don't know, he hasn't responded to my email yet.

Also, I would get a 7 Wands concerning him as well. I just realize that I was halfway mad when he contacted me out of the blue, so I probably sounded not so nice. I asked tarot how he felt about my email, I got a 6 Pentacles (probably meaning that I wasn't giving myself to him the way he wanted) and I asked what he will do next and it gave me a 7 Wands.

Whenever I hear from him, I would let you guys know how the 5 Wands and 7 Wands meant for me.

But 6 Wands is a good card. It is a card of recognition. Now a card to say that someone is arrogant, because they think they are "all that and a bag of chips" is the Sun. The Sun is the center of the Universe. Or even the Emperor. Someone who thinks that they can manipulate you, because they believe that you think that they are "that" special to you. They think they can influence you with a "Me King, you knave" attitude. I compare it to a lover who tries to make you do something that you don't want. And they assume that you will do anything to please them, because they think that they are so awesome and you feel priviledge to have them in your life. Until you show them otherwise. [laughs]

Adjustment
23-01-2007, 07:17
The five of wands, I have seen this card in a relationship where 2 people are trying to compete and act against each other, ussually they hold different oppinion and neither one seem to agree, they are fighting a battle and either one of them wants to give an inch. The 6 of wands I have seen this card when one person has put the other in a pedestal, they give their personal power away to the other person.
the person putting the other in the pedestal has high expectations about the other person and the relationship. they woould do whatever it takes to make the other feel happy, loved and secure, then the other person develop an attitude of superiority and start to take for granted the relationship because they start to think they have control over the other person. The 7 of wands i have seen this card meaning when one person doesn't agree with the other about certain issues in the relationship, they will stand for what they think is the right thing not matter what. I hve also seen the 7 of wands when one person doesn't want to get involved in a realtionship but the other person keep trying to initiate a relationship with them, then other person become defensive not giving in, they stand firm on their decision of not wanting to get involve, the reason for not wanting to get involve is ussually an ethical reason. Those are my 2 cents, since card meanings can be different for everyone, take it with a grain salt.

BLFO
24-01-2007, 08:35
I understood what 5 wands meant to me in a reading now. About the situation I mentioned earlier, made an insensitive comment to a person in a joking manner. The card represents a playful battle. The person couldn't tell if I was actually insulting them or not.

caridwen
24-01-2007, 09:02
The Five of Wands can also represent flirtation, play fights (as WW says) or power play, sometimes joking around, sometimes more serious. It can also represent competition. You may not be the only one that special person has their sights set on.

The Six could be you as the victor - You won over everyone else and got your guy or girl. You have been singled out for something - That person chose you above all others. It could also be a message coming your way regarding that special person through an ambassador or third party.

The Seven is standing your ground and not budging. Ethically speaking you are in the right and it is advice to stay the course. It is sometimes sited as having the moral high ground and that you are in a good position because the character is usually higher than the others. In the RWS the man fighting has his back to a cliff but he still fights on, so it's also a card of bravery and standing up for yourself. Don't get bullied into anything you don't want to do.

Robin Fariel
24-01-2007, 09:53
5,6,7 Wands in one reading emphasis may be the month of July. As in something will happen in July.

Or Leo. Is there a Leo involved?

Or perhaps something to do with 7th house activities such as a love affair, children, fun activities?

do these two people both want children? Does one have children?
do these two people enjoy the same recreational activities?
do these people both want a committed relationship or does one just want a love affair?

Or perhaps the charismatic or dramatic personality of one of these people is a factor.

Did the Ace/Page of Cups or Queen of Wands or Knight of Pentacles also show up?

duskymorning
24-01-2007, 11:26
5:
wow...... you have asked a few friends for opinions, have you, and every of them seemed have different sayings about this relationship. or maybe there are a few people involve in the actual situation, and each of them has their own a bit of thinking on the situation. well it seem to me the lack of communication between the characters had mad the situation quite hard to move forward, it just stocks here, and, getting more and more confussing.more importantly, the actual truth, the real point has been neglected beside. it stands there so obviously needs you and the people to pay attention to, but everyone's so busy in focusing on their own aspect and forgot about it.

6:
think you are a femal, are you? well doesn't really matter. how confussing the situation is to you now. you have your love on holding to give, your mind in words to say, but how to do it. life has so many aspects, so many options and posibilities, so many conditions to consider before you make the action happen. when is the best time, best place, oh god, i'm so lost! you hold your emotions, and your thoughts lingering forwards, and backwards, but couldn't find the right moment to drop them down. meanwhile, the situation's getting more and more complicated. it's getting harder and harder to move. maybe stop moving and take a clear look at your options will be a wise move.

7:
the other important person, i guess is the guy in this relationship, he cares about you. he saw your comfussion, your frustration, but doesn't know how to help. i feel he took a step back out the situation, and decide to take a look at what you are going to do, wait and watch for the moment. he might got scared a bit. it must be a bit confussing for him too.

en, i sensed something else, don't know if i m right, you can just take it as a laugh. in this relationship, you, or the person you are reading almostly like to be a girl, and she is taking the more active role in the relationship. the other one in the relationship, almostly like the guy, he is not as strong as the girl, he's a bit weak in mind, soft, and not very determinative. and he is either actually or mentally younger than the girl.

BLFO
27-01-2007, 11:28
BEWARE of the 6 Wands!

I had a second event that happened to me. I kept getting the 6 wands. One time before the gentleman contacted me that I was estranged to and several times after that. Guess, what the second meaning means in a relationship? Jealousy amongst females who are mad at you because the guy came to you not them!

This how how the 6 Wand means jealousy and envy. You see the guy is on his horse. As the phrase "sitting on his high horse" due to recent success. People are at the bottom looking up at him with envy. They want to be him and are jealous that he got the fame and not them.

I am in a major fog of gossip right now over this man with other females that it is horrible. I kept getting 10 swords (being stabbed by gossip online or offline) with my 6 wands.

If you see a 10 swords, page/knight cups (an emotional experience, that might drain you) or 9 swords surrounding your 6 wands, that means that jealous people are trying to tear you down due to your recent fortune, luck or blessing. Note, I am not using reversals in my spreads. Therefore, my page cups and knight cups won't give an indication that an emotional experience will be positive or negative. People assume that Knights cups is a romantic feeling and page cups is a romantic message. It can be, if you are using reversals.

Overall, if you see a 6 Wands in a relationship reading, that means that your lover or potential lover is considered such good catch that other people will fight you to get that person. They want to steal him or her away from you by breaking up your relationship or potential relationship.

MissCW
28-01-2007, 07:06
I hve also seen the 7 of wands when one person doesn't want to get involved in a realtionship but the other person keep trying to initiate a relationship with them, then other person become defensive not giving in, they stand firm on their decision of not wanting to get involve, the reason for not wanting to get involve is ussually an ethical reason.

I'd just like to add that I have also seen the 7 of Wands exactly has Tara has seen it. And the person will not move on it, no matter how the other one has wanted them to.

7 of Wands could be good or bad depending on the situation when asked. If in a relationship, it could mean standing up for that relationship when under pressure - you and me against the world type thing. Or if a person is pursuing a relationship and getting nowhere, then the 7 of Wands here wouldn't look too good like Tara's example ...

sierra78
19-09-2013, 16:08
5:
wow...... you have asked a few friends for opinions, have you, and every of them seemed have different sayings about this relationship. or maybe there are a few people involve in the actual situation, and each of them has their own a bit of thinking on the situation. well it seem to me the lack of communication between the characters had mad the situation quite hard to move forward, it just stocks here, and, getting more and more confussing.more importantly, the actual truth, the real point has been neglected beside. it stands there so obviously needs you and the people to pay attention to, but everyone's so busy in focusing on their own aspect and forgot about it.

6:
think you are a femal, are you? well doesn't really matter. how confussing the situation is to you now. you have your love on holding to give, your mind in words to say, but how to do it. life has so many aspects, so many options and posibilities, so many conditions to consider before you make the action happen. when is the best time, best place, oh god, i'm so lost! you hold your emotions, and your thoughts lingering forwards, and backwards, but couldn't find the right moment to drop them down. meanwhile, the situation's getting more and more complicated. it's getting harder and harder to move. maybe stop moving and take a clear look at your options will be a wise move.

7:
the other important person, i guess is the guy in this relationship, he cares about you. he saw your comfussion, your frustration, but doesn't know how to help. i feel he took a step back out the situation, and decide to take a look at what you are going to do, wait and watch for the moment. he might got scared a bit. it must be a bit confussing for him too.

en, i sensed something else, don't know if i m right, you can just take it as a laugh. in this relationship, you, or the person you are reading almostly like to be a girl, and she is taking the more active role in the relationship. the other one in the relationship, almostly like the guy, he is not as strong as the girl, he's a bit weak in mind, soft, and not very determinative. and he is either actually or mentally younger than the girl.

I know this is a very old thread. But when I read it, it's totally my situation in your description!! OMG