First, the happy squirrel... Now, the hedgehog?

Marua

Just something funny i wanted to share. Bear with me, its kinda long.
A while ago i rented "The Storyteller" on dvd, that fantasy tv-series from the 80's with Jim Henson's wonderful creations. In one of the stories a woman gave birth to a hedgehog boy, who left home at a young age. Living on his own, he met a king needing help, I dont remember if he was lost, or what, but the hedgehog boy would help him, if the king would let him have the first creature to great him on his return. Knowing this would be his favorite dog he agreed. But it was his daughter(!) Big surprise. I think the hedgehog boy knew that :) Anyway, the king wouldn't honor his word. So a little time passed, and one day the royal family was getting a tarot reading in the throne room. This was done by the storyteller, played by William Hurt, with a Marseille-style deck. It was a celtic cross spread. As he turned the cards over he pointed out the king, queen and princess in the cards (emperor, empress, etc. I think.) The final card then turned out to be a hedgehog.
I guess the cards wanted to remind him of his promise.
I wont spoil the story by telling what happend. Maybe you've seen it and dont remember it, or you would want to see it. I highly recommend it. It also features my favorite evil witch of all times, Miranda Richardson. :D

Miren

Awwww....hedgehogs are sooooo cute! I just embroidered one for some friends as a present and I had a lot of fun looking at photos for models. Yee! This is the one I used:

http://astsun.astro.virginia.edu/~kw6k/picture/hedgehog/hedgehog 007.jpg

I wouldn't mind having one in a deck. I might not read with it all the time, but it could be the "promises" card or something, based on this story.

diane drizzy

The ethnic translation of my last name, before I got married was "hedgehog"-how cool is that!

Marua

Lol!!!

Thanks, Dreamer! Nice to see it again. God, my memory is awful! Oh, well.
I suddenly also remember a hedgehog card in a deck here at AT, the forest folklore, perhaps? I'll go check.

*edit*
No, that wasn't it, but it does have a boy riding a rooster, like the hedghog boy did in the story :)
That picture was so cute, Miren!

*edit again*
Found it. Its the Fairy Tarot.