PDA

View Full Version : Nine (9) of Pentacles as Someone's Feelings

GoddessArtemis
30-01-2007, 03:24
I keep getting this card in the feelings position about how someone feels about me, or their feelings for me. I don't understand pentacles in the feelings position, and particularly since the 9, going back to the Hermit, is one of being solo.

Any insights on this?

GA

Umbrae
30-01-2007, 03:39
9 has nothing to do with Solo. Think of the 9 of Cups - it's not about drinking alone.

One should not confuse the Majors with the Minors.

The Nine of Pents does have a very calculating aspect to it. One must be mindful of their actions and motivations when teaching and training falcons - that is the message of the snail - mathematical perfection. Add that Mathematical beauty to the physical world - Ta Da! The Nine of Pentacles.

Imagemaker
30-01-2007, 03:40
Wild guess--they like or are focused on your prosperity, or your satisfaction with your position in life, or perhaps they admire or covet your attitude about those things?

Could be a positive admiration or a greedy admiration . . .

Imagemaker
30-01-2007, 03:43
Umbrae's "calculation" fits with my thought. The person is calculating your monetary worth, perhaps?

Wonderwoman
30-01-2007, 03:47
Goddess Artemis....this person thinks you've got it together, All That and Some. I remember reading for a friend and each and everytime this card would show up as the feelings BF had towards her. Security, Comfort.

Ww :)

Tara2007
30-01-2007, 03:51
I too got this card as how someone felt recently. I do actually take the 9 of Pentacles as being a pleasant time of being alone, appreciating everything around you and being glad for what you have accomplished.

When it relates to emotions, I would say that it is about being very pleased that things have progressed as far as they have, hoping to see everything turn out well on a permanent basis, but not taking that final, "10" step just yet. There is something yet to be done in the relationship, not very much, but it is necessary to have a 100 percent committment.

That is my take. I rarely read what everyone else said, so it's possible I may be repeating....or just totally out of the ball park....

I hope this helped.

GoddessArtemis
30-01-2007, 05:45
What I'm gathering so far from everyone's post is that the person is calculating, and perhaps concerned with my financial worth.

But what's the feeling? Not what they think about me...but how they feel. I'm still confused about this card as a feeling...

GA

Al Si'ra
30-01-2007, 05:56
I think i agree with the idea, 9 of pentacles relating to Hermit..Speaking from my own subjective experiences- when i saw this card as feelings it meant that this person was already complete within themselves and actually 9 of pents types are the ones who are not really fond of comitting..they are the independent types mostly who do enjoy your company but not your bond-they probably have gone through many obstacles and learned their lessons (again relating to hermit) and thus-they will not be needing any assistance or whatsoever as they have their own valuable resources nearby already..
And again from my own experiences-i have seen these people to be practical..it is like long lasting "love" is not necessary but maybe the physical needs are necessary to be fulfilled-seeing things rather from the material earthly way..
They may be the ones to put this distance towards you-again a level of friendship and sometimes physical partnership might be ok and fun but the " couple" thing might not be their thing..i believe they find themselves the most important person in life and they have this sacred personal area which they might not be allowing you to come in..they are good friends but not good lovers in my opinion..they might get what they want from you and add to their "sources" but might not be there for you when YOU need them..
of course it depends on how you view this card..and this is my general view..

I don't mean to say that 9 of pents people are mean or anything it is just that they have probably learned a lot in tough ways now that they may lack the compassion to show to others-as they are strong and disciplined themselves..and this all relates to hermit in a way.

:love:
xx

GoddessArtemis
30-01-2007, 06:04
They may be the ones to put this distance towards you-again a level of friendship and sometimes physical partnership might be ok and fun but the " couple" thing might not be their thing..i believe they find themselves the most important person in life and they have this sacred personal area which they might not be allowing you to come in..they are good friends but not good lovers in my opinion..they might get what they want from you and add to their "sources" but might not be there for you when YOU need them..of course it depends on how you view this card..and this is my general view..

I don't mean to say that 9 of pents people are mean or anything it is just that they have probably learned a lot in tough ways now that they may lack the compassion to show to others-as they are strong and disciplined themselves..and this all relates to hermit in a way.I can really see this, Al Si'ra...this fits into the reading I was looking at. So if someone feels 9 of Pentacles about me, could it be that they feel I am a good "resource"...financial, physical, and practically speaking...but not necessarily a committed situation? That's what I'm gathering from what you've posted...

GA

Teheuti
30-01-2007, 06:15
I keep getting this card in the feelings position about how someone feels about me, or their feelings for me. I don't understand pentacles in the feelings position, and particularly since the 9, going back to the Hermit, is one of being solo.
When I did my Tarot & Emotions project the results I got for the 9 of Pentacles were:
satisfied (x6)
contented (x5)
fulfilled (x5)
kind (x5)
secure (x5)
calm (x3)
complacent (x3)
loving (x3)
peaceful (x3)
serene (x3)

Seems to me that these words offer a definite feeling theme.

If you are looking for passion and desire it doesn't seem to be here. If you want long standing stability and friendship but without much excitement then it seems pretty good.

Mary

Grizabella
30-01-2007, 06:16
You know how a snail is carrying his "house" on his back, has an asexual nature (I think it's called) where it can be either/or and doesn't "need" someone else to complete it because it's got it all? It has everything it needs and doesn't need anything else from anyone. That's what I think the card may mean as how someone else sees you. I'd say they see you as being quite secure in all ways and maybe they wish they could have some part in that, not in a romantic way but in a material way, as to how it could benefit them if they were to attach themselves to you. It's said clumsily, I know, but that's the best I could do at the moment. :P

Teheuti
30-01-2007, 06:18
9 has nothing to do with Solo. Think of the 9 of Cups - it's not about drinking alone.
Huh? Seems to me that he forgot to invite anyone else to the party. I tend to associate the Minor 9s with solitude. In actual readings the 9 of Cups can go either way. The 9 of Pentacles seems pretty satisfied with being alone with her bird and snail.

Mary

Teheuti
30-01-2007, 06:27
If you are looking for passion and desire it doesn't seem to be here. If you want long standing stability and friendship but without much excitement then it seems pretty good.
I wanted to add something to this. The position was "how this person feels about me". Based on that I'll go with what I said above. If, however, it was a question of that person's feelings in regards to a relationship - then it might be that the person is satisfied being alone.

In an actual reading I'd ask you to describe the card, including what you think the woman's attitudes and feelings are (and perhaps those of the bird and snail). Then I'd ask you where you are in the card and where the other person is. Your intuitive self already has a good idea what's going on and your description of these dynamics would help reveal what you know inside.

Mary

Al Si'ra
30-01-2007, 06:53
I would say that this person enjoys being with you for sometime but then i don't think s/he would be willing to be committed to you at this point-though i may be wrong lol-since s/he might rather spend her time alone-enjoying herself..and again i may be wrong i am hesitating to say this-but this person may not be thinking of you in a romantic way-but then again i don't see any refusal coming from on her part too..it wouldn't make a difference to her/him unless you try to take the freedom away..

i will go further and tell-these are mostly the types who enjoy open relationships-and friends with benefits thing..i mean that is how it turned out both for me and for the ones i have read for..might be something else for you.

Adjustment
30-01-2007, 08:07
I have this card showing up on how a person feel about you, This person isn't interested in a committed relationship, The will come around you, once in a while but not too frequently, they need to have their own space, they enjoy being alone pursuing thier own interest.

GoddessArtemis
30-01-2007, 08:34
These responses are all so very helpful, and very appropriate. Thank you. Great resource. :)

GA

caridwen
30-01-2007, 11:11
I'm in a 9 of Pentacles stage at the moment, I have been for a while actually.

I am financially independent.
I am independent and as others have pointed out, content with my own company.
I do not rely on anyone for anything and tend to sort out problems myself.
I do not share my feelings easily with others.

This stage of my life has come about through hard work (leading from the Eight of Pentacles).

This woman has learned many hard lessons in life, yet she is content to be by herself.

Now if I project that as feelings I would say that I do not need anyone else. I like others' company but am just as happy by myself doing my own thing. I enjoy solitary pursuits more than team games eg computers, reading etc but that does not mean I shun the company of others, I just need a hell of a lot of personal space. I prefer travelling by myself to travelling with others and sometimes find people irritating:D So they can take or leave you, that is how they feel. They do not feel a need for you in their life, they do not feel dependent on you for anything and are quite self contained. (like the snail)

Mellifluous
30-01-2007, 12:29

Any insights on this?

GA

I'd read it simply as a feeling of security and abundance. Either they think you have it or they feel it when they're around you/about their relationship with you. They feel relaxed and comfortable around you. I don't get any connotations of being alone from it, so I'm in the minority here. lol :) I think it's positive feelings towards you; 9 of pentacles is about enjoyment.

Just thought I'd add, feeling independent or free is hardly a bad thing. It doesn't have to translate to negative connotations.

clarity
30-01-2007, 15:02
I pulled this card for whether someone has feelings for a querent and I was perplexed at the time. My intuition told me that the person is quite content in their solitude and it turned out I was right. However feelings did change and later cards like the 2 of cups appeared.

jlo
30-01-2007, 15:24
I agree with Mellifluous's interpretation . Maybe that person feels quite at ease being in your company . That person perhaps also needs some space , which he/she feels you allow him/her to have . Maybe there's no clinginess.

rebecca-smiles
30-01-2007, 22:59
I have this card showing up on how a person feel about you, This person isn't interested in a committed relationship, The will come around you, once in a while but not too frequently, they need to have their own space, they enjoy being alone pursuing thier own interest.

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I'm nine of pents through and through, and i do always come across this way even when i really like someone. For me it means being content with who i am, being content with being alone- but just because i'm not reaching out for someone doesn't mean i'm not open to the possibility! :)

Most people see me as this card; self assured, independant. In terms of finding a man, it usually means i have to do the chasing, or he just won't know how much i like him!

Grizabella
31-01-2007, 00:33
I'm in a 9 of Pentacles stage at the moment, I have been for a while actually.

I am financially independent.
I am independent and as others have pointed out, content with my own company.
I do not rely on anyone for anything and tend to sort out problems myself.
I do not share my feelings easily with others.

This stage of my life has come about through hard work (leading from the Eight of Pentacles).

This woman has learned many hard lessons in life, yet she is content to be by herself.

Now if I project that as feelings I would say that I do not need anyone else. I like others' company but am just as happy by myself doing my own thing. I enjoy solitary pursuits more than team games eg computers, reading etc but that does not mean I shun the company of others, I just need a hell of a lot of personal space. I prefer travelling by myself to travelling with others and sometimes find people irritating:D So they can take or leave you, that is how they feel. They do not feel a need for you in their life, they do not feel dependent on you for anything and are quite self contained. (like the snail)

Yep, me too. :) I'm a 9 of Pentacles woman and I love it. I think we should get a t-shirt made with our favorite 9 of Pentacles on it. :D

GoddessArtemis
31-01-2007, 07:09
There are almost opposite responses here. I'm not sure which to pick...

It did come up with the King of Cups for feelings, if that helps...but aside from that, I still get that the 9 of Pentacles might have a bit of selfishness to it--as in, doing what is most profitable/convenient/practical for one's self.

Maybe my perception is eschewed because of this person's personality in general?

GA

starlite
31-01-2007, 07:18
i think the 9 pent. is very positive for relationships. if you're already in a relationship, to me it's about being content with who you are and enjoying the pleasures you've worked for. there's an independent tone to it, but it's about being independent within a relationship, getting what you want from that person, but being very okay with detaching and having some alone time, which is a very healthy way to be.

as for how someone feels about you...perhaps this person feels content around you, enjoys your company and knows that they can sustain their independent nature while also having a relationship with you. it's a very peaceful card to me.

don't know if i'm right, but that's my input.

Grizabella
31-01-2007, 10:51
I think there's been confusion in the respect of how he sees you rather than what he feels about you.

You asked about it being how he feels about you and I was going on the "how he sees you" thing. Really, it's very closely related, so whether he sees you as being self-sufficient and self-contained or sees himself that way, it sort of amounts to the same thing. He "feels" that you are, let's say. In a way, it sort of says he really doesn't have actual feelings about you in any particular way, doesn't it? He's more like an impersonal observer of you or impersonal sharer of common space.

It's actually kind of a difficult one, isn't it? Did you draw a clarifier?

GoddessArtemis
31-01-2007, 10:53
It's actually kind of a difficult one, isn't it? Did you draw a clarifier?Yes, it is. And, it came up with the King of Cups which, to me, says emotionally self-contained...but how's that how they feel about me?

GA

Grizabella
31-01-2007, 12:57
Well, hmmmm---If this were a possible romantic interest, then I'd say that this person has a very loving nature but isn't one to go rushing headlong into things or to be ruled by passion so that they'd be prone to one-night stands. I'd say they were someone who didn't need another person--and that's a very healthy state of being :). (I counsel younger women that if you feel you NEED a partner, then the last thing you NEED is a partner. Not many know what I mean at first.) This person would then be seeing you as possibly being someone like themselves, and of interest because you don't seem to be a needy person, either. They'd be thinking of you as of real interest as a possible partner because of the fact that you could walk beside them----not in front or behind----and that you might be able to allow them the space and freedom to be who they are, as they'd also be able to allow you, without insecurities and "issues" making the relationship a very stressful dependency relationship.

BLFO
31-01-2007, 15:11
I would say that this person enjoys being with you for sometime but then i don't think s/he would be willing to be committed to you at this point-though i may be wrong lol-since s/he might rather spend her time alone-enjoying herself..and again i may be wrong i am hesitating to say this-but this person may not be thinking of you in a romantic way-but then again i don't see any refusal coming from on her part too..it wouldn't make a difference to her/him unless you try to take the freedom away..

i will go further and tell-these are mostly the types who enjoy open relationships-and friends with benefits thing..i mean that is how it turned out both for me and for the ones i have read for..might be something else for you.

I think this is correct. There is someone in my life that comes unexpectantly to talk to me then they disappear for months on end. I always want more, but I don't think they want to commit with me. My tarot readings say that they consider me as a Knight Pentacles...a loyal friend. But when I want something serious from them, I get the 9 Pentacles. Sometimes this card shows up with 7 Wands, they want to stand their ground in staying noncommital, single with me?

BLFO
31-01-2007, 15:18
i think the 9 pent. is very positive for relationships. if you're already in a relationship, to me it's about being content with who you are and enjoying the pleasures you've worked for. there's an independent tone to it, but it's about being independent within a relationship, getting what you want from that person, but being very okay with detaching and having some alone time, which is a very healthy way to be.

as for how someone feels about you...perhaps this person feels content around you, enjoys your company and knows that they can sustain their independent nature while also having a relationship with you. it's a very peaceful card to me.

don't know if i'm right, but that's my input.

Perhaps if you are in a relationship. If you are single, I agree with GoddessArtmetis, the person is being selfish. They know that the person likes them but they don't want to extend themselves fully, however when they need a friend they will come to you looking for help or emotional support, but when you need assurance of their affection, they disappear, because maybe their life is going good and they don't need you around anymore.

But I don't think they do it intentionally. Just selfishly in a unconscious way. I think a person who did this consciously would be a 7 swords. They try to steal whatever they need from you and then run off. 9 pentacles is that they come to you then go while not knowing that it could be hurting you, because they think that you don't mind them leaving you. Perhaps they assume that you two have an understanding....when you don't.