Sniff. I'm so proud!

RubyV

I have a 3 YO little girl who has always love "mama's pwetty pictures", as she calls my decks.

After much begging and pleading, I gave her my Dragon Tarot deck (Donaldson) since I only ever use it for spellwork, and hardley ever use it for readings.

She took the deck out, mixed them up on the bed, and started flipping them over saying "cups" "wands" "money" "swords". The majors were "big pictures".

It was the cutest thing ever.

And who else but ATers would appreciate that!

zannamarie

RubyV said:
The majors were "big pictures".
I like that!
I think knows what she's doing already. Next thing you know, she'll be reading for her dollies or the cat. :)

AprilFool

Now that sounds like a smart 3-year-old, if she can remember which suits are which! No wonder you are proud!

RubyV

Actually, the courts may be big pictures too.

Its funny, she wants to know why the money has stars on it, and if they are like mama's star ( I wear a pentacle), and if it's like her star (a star of david she has). And why my quarters don't look like the pictures? The whys are endless.

though she says that she wants the wands to look like her magic wand, and can't understand why I cant just redraw the pictures.

If I were artistic, I'd make her her own deck when she were older, using pics of stuff she plays with ( plastic coins, her fairy wands, toy dress up swords).

and of course "ooo, dwagon pwetty".

AprilFool

Wow, Ruby, what a fabulous gift that would be for her! In your spare time, as the mother of a three-year-old, you should get right on it! :D

Seriously, though, I bet it would be treasured by her forever, and you wouldn't have to be a professional artist to really pull it off. What an amazing idea for NEXT Christmas, right????? ;)

starrystarrynight

Uh oh. I sense some upcoming competition for Vlad Rabbit!

Miren

starrystarrynight said:
Uh oh. I sense some upcoming competition for Vlad Rabbit!

Awww. Maybe she can do a reading for Vlad Rabbit. :) And he can do one in return with pretty cards.

HearthCricket

Hehehe...Vlad has been reading this thread and thinks she should have a few of her own decks and see what happens! He believes she would make an amazing intuitive reader and ought to get the Whimsical tarot and something else that is bright and pretty. Also the Halloween Tarot. He feels it is in the stars.... :D

RubyV

HearthCricket said:
Hehehe...Vlad has been reading this thread and thinks she should have a few of her own decks and see what happens! He believes she would make an amazing intuitive reader and ought to get the Whimsical tarot and something else that is bright and pretty. Also the Halloween Tarot. He feels it is in the stars.... :D

Vlad may be right. Hmmm

Seriously, I would love deck recommendations for her!

lets see what happens over the next few days. tee hee.

Mabuse

Cool!

Yes! This is indeed astounding for her see a connection between the "money" and pentacles! I see a future Tarot historian in the making.