Do different reading styles fit certain backgrounds, and or personalities?

coyoteblack

Do different reading styles fit certain backgrounds, and or personalities?

I am asking this because I am a network admin I look at the cards as a group find what is similar like numbers suits colors then I go about the reading keeping all the similarities in mind

Where a friend of mine who read my cards this weekend at our NYC meet up has a artist back round she saw the pictures and ideas just went off in her mind and the reading was awesome.

We both read for one another and it seemed we were pretty dead on for people new to reading for other people. Do most people just pick a style that they were taught? Or keep on trucking till they find one that fits there background? Or after reading for a while do most folk use a bunch of styles depending on the deck.

ana luisa

I guess it depends on everything and something more. Of course we all have our preferences. some people like to notice numbers, symbols and suits. Others , like me, look mainly at the images and let the "flashes" come. However, it also depends on the "moment" of reading. I have sometimes looked at the numbers in cards or payed extra attention to a particular suit. It is really a gut thing. You end up picking your own style but remain open to other "sources" of input.

djdaz

Im with Ana Luisa on this one. I think that you just go with your gut instinct. Like Ana, I tend to read from the images that are on the card and let the rest come to me. Its what ever your most comfortable with.

coyoteblack

Obrigado ana luisa

so you take your inout anyway you get it but prefer to take in the pictures and go with the flow?

mollymawk

--------------

Original Destiny

Im a bit like a jazz player... I have worked with the Tarot for so long that I now sort of improvise..if you know what I mean. I let the cards loose and what comes up is my reading...it works very well for me.

Chronata

I never realy thought about this, but I can see clearly that certain readers I know who are very logic and pattern/order oriented...love reading unillustrated pips, and using numerology.

and many people I know who are artists, visualizers, and storytellers...tend to love pictures and reading intuitively...

and then there are folks like me and my spouse...and many many other great readers here who do both...read from as many different schools and systems as are available. Sometimes all at the same time.

I Personally think it's great to have a lot of different ways to read a card, and to be able to shift from one method to another if the need should arrise.

coyoteblack

I was wondering why i look forpaterns but only can read with the druidcraft cause i love the art work so much.

Maybe I just need time to develope the other parts of a reading style

thanks all

coyoteblack

and to further continue this after you go through the lwb once is it a rule gut feeling or nothing or doyou go bac to the book here and there.

Personally I refuse to bring a book to a reading and trust the pattern

rebecca-smiles

I do a bit of everything, sometimes all in the same reading, but sometimes i separate it out. I will say "i'm only going to read the image" or "I wont use a spread, i will read them all as if they are one card" or whatever.

I really, really try to let how i decide to read be as much a part of the reading as shuffleing: a kind of mental shuffle of what i will do next.