Grandmothers

Belatrix

Does anybody know which positions and planets in charts are related to grandmothers?

annik

Doesn't it goes with family (4th house?). I am not sure of it (I am going logically). But it would be a good thing to know for sure!

dadsnook2000

Two answers for you! Or one answer for you!

The parents relate to the 4-10 axis or the IC-MC axis of the chart. Given the basic concept expressed within classical Astrology (from 100 years ago or more) the 4th house would be the Mother of the person (1st house of self). If this is so, the Mother's mother would be the 4th house of the 4th house -- or the 7th house. Let's explain derivative houses to some degree: The 4th house is the house that represents the mother -- therefore the fourth house is the 1st house of the 4th house. The fifth house is the 2nd house of the 4th house. The sixth house is the 3rd house of the 4th house. And, the seventh house is the 4th house of the 4th house -- the Mother's mother, or Grandmother.

Now, if you subscribe to the 10th house as representing the Mother, we can apply the same logic. If the 10th is the Mother, the 10th house of the 10th house is the Grandmother. The answer is, of course, the 7th house which represents the Grandmother -- just as if we favored the 4th house as representing the Mother.

So, you have two answers -- but both answers are the same. The seventh house represents the Grandmother. Dave

Belatrix

Thanks Dave.
Well,if the 4th house represents mother,then the 10th house represents father.And there are two grandmothers on the scene.Mother`s mother and father`s mother.Seventh house relates to one grandmother,because the 7th house is the 4th house from the one that represents mother.But then,our 1st house is the 4th house from our 10th house that represents father.So here we are-our grandmothers are represented by our ascendant-descedant axis.Probably,in general,that axis is the axis of grandparents.Is that true?I`m just trying to figure out things here in logic way.As we know,the 1st house is very important.It is the point in charts that is one of the main that describes essences of us.The 1st house is very personal.That can maybe tell us that one grandparent is supposed to be very close to us.By signs and planets placed there and aspects to asc-desc axis,we can maybe determine what kind of relationship exists there,and how important and helping it is for us.Am I right about this?

dadsnook2000

Lots of systems for determining relatives and in-laws

Belatrix, there are a number of systems for determining which house represents the various relatives and in-laws. I believe that these all use the derivative house system and works with these houses as a basis:

** 4th and 10th houses -- the parental axis.
** 5th house -- your children.
** 3rd house -- your siblings (brothers and sisters).
** 7th house -- your partner or spouse (husband or wife).

One's in-laws would be based on the houses derived from the 7th house. Sons and daughters-in-laws would be the 11th house (partners of your children). Sisters and brothers-in-law would be the 9th house (partners of your siblings). Uncles and aunts would be the 6th and 12 house (siblings of your parents or the 3rd house of the 4/10th house). Cousins would be the children of Aunts and Uncles (the 5th house of 6/12th house would be the 4/10th houses, I guess). This is what I would suggest. I don't generally try to use this approach and IT IS POSSIBLE THAT I AM RADICALLY WRONG. Perhaps someone who has research materials or references can confirm or correct some/all of this. Dave

Belatrix

Speaking about grandmothers,could we dedicate some planet to them?Which planet would it be?

paradoxx

Saturn, keeper of the past, Jupiter would be Grandfathers.