~Lapis Lazuli~

Indigo Rose

I got a beautiful Triangle shaped piece of Lapis Lazuli for Christmas. It was amazing that my hubby found it cut in this shape, as I was seeing the triangle shape in my mind's eye starting from a year ago...it has been a frequent appearance when meditating.

The stone feels heavy and almost alive. It seems to have a magnetic quality.

Just wondering of those who know more of this subject....

What are the properties of Lapis Lazuli?
What is it used for?
What energy have you gotten off this stone?

:heart:

Papageno

Lapis is a Holy stone from ancient times. it was/is revered both in the east and west as a stone of great Heavenly virtue.
In the east, the heads of Buddhist statues are applied with ground Lapis and in the west, Lapis was one of the gems in the breastplate of the Hebrew High Priests. there are many other examples which also include the use of Turquoise in other cultures.
In Greece, bright blue is still a favorite color of choice for painting interiors.......believed to keep out evil since this is the considered the color of Heaven.
Lapis was and still is used as a mineral pigment in paintings, especially those depicting religious themes. nowadays more in the restoration of these works.

nelsleep

Lapis Lazuli is a powerful toner of the brow or third eye chakra, enhancing meditation, visualisation, prayer, spell work, journeying.

Personally I use it only in conjunction with another stone such as rose quartz, or carnelian -as it is quite an intensely powerful (but many people love wearing LOTS of Lapis daily! I'm just not able to). To lean what effect on your own auric field a crystal has, I just cup it gently in my palm for several minutes, perhaps even sleep half or all of the night like that (you soon learn to do this without it slipping out). The energy change you can feel from every individual stone is amazing.

Sophie

What a beautiful gift, Indigo Rose! I have a lapis lazuli egg, which is one of the stones that came with me to South Africa. I love its royal blue surface speckled with gold...

Like nelsleep, I've found it invaluable in doing visionary work. I've actually had remarkable results working with it - especially when trying to "see" other people, distance healing and any energy work that goes through the third eye, as well as trance journeying, visualisation, etc. I only use it on its own when I do that kind of thing and enjoy feeling its power deployed through me.

I also own a lapis lazuli necklace, which I wear when I need clarity.

I remember a trance journey I did a few months ago, during which I saw a large cube of lapis lazuli at the entrance of a cave. I touched it, and it was like water, I could plunge my hands into it. When I did, everything became clear - and at the same time I felt strengthened and secure.

Indigo Rose

trismegistus said:
Lapis is a Holy stone from ancient times. it was/is revered both in the east and west as a stone of great Heavenly virtue.
In the east, the heads of Buddhist statues are applied with ground Lapis and in the west, Lapis was one of the gems in the breastplate of the Hebrew High Priests.

Thank you for sharing this information. It feels like a very spiritual stone to me. Now, given the history…it makes sense.

nelsleep said:
Lapis Lazuli is a powerful toner of the brow or third eye chakra, enhancing meditation, visualisation, prayer, spell work, journeying.

I wonder if the triangle I have been seeing in my third eye…is a message of it opening up? Then to have this very spiritual stone gifted to me…in the shape of that same triangle….it feels Synchronistic to me.

nelsleep said:
Personally I use it only in conjunction with another stone such as rose quartz, or carnelian -as it is quite an intensely powerful...To lean what effect on your own auric field a crystal has, I just cup it gently in my palm for several minutes, perhaps even sleep half or all of the night like that (you soon learn to do this without it slipping out). The energy change you can feel from every individual stone is amazing.

Yes, I received other stones too…I don’t know most of them, but one is a bloodstone….there is a huge difference in the two stones. When I hold the Lapis Lazuli it is heavy, cool and magnetic. While holding it and closing my eyes, the image of the triangle….like a negative of film…the vision is vibrant and illuminated along the perimeter of the triangle.

The bloodstone turns hot in my hand and sends heat out throughout the palm. The image of a star emerges when I close my eyes. It is quite a contrast…yet both project an almost mystical feeling to me and through me.

I have several other stones, which I don’t know the names of…but am going to investigate. These gems are amazing as they come from the earth, yet are intimately connected to the Source of all Creation….and thus I feel radiate out that energy.

Fudugazi said:
What a beautiful gift, Indigo Rose! I have a lapis lazuli egg, which is one of the stones that came with me to South Africa. I love its royal blue surface speckled with gold... .

Yes, the gift was a surprise.
Your stone sounds beautiful! I can see why you keep that with you.

Fudugazi said:
Like nelsleep, I've found it invaluable in doing visionary work. I've actually had remarkable results working with it - especially when trying to "see" other people, distance healing and any energy work that goes through the third eye, as well as trance journeying, visualisation, etc. I only use it on its own when I do that kind of thing and enjoy feeling its power deployed through me.

It sounds like it works very well for you in this way. My initial experiences with it make me excited to think of the potential in using this stone.

Fudugazi said:
I remember a trance journey I did a few months ago, during which I saw a large cube of lapis lazuli at the entrance of a cave. I touched it, and it was like water, I could plunge my hands into it. When I did, everything became clear - and at the same time I felt strengthened and secure.

Thank you for sharing your amazing vision and feelings. You have been blessed to receive a wonderful gift of the Spirit. I feel the energy of this stone, in conjunction with openness to the Spirit, holds amazing potential for mystical journeying. I am going to use it…along with the Bloodstone. They have different energies, but they feel balanced when I hold them together.

The Lapis Lazuli inspired me to create a spread and do a reading with my new Gendron deck. The spread I made is called the Prophecy Spread, and it is for spiritual exploration. I may post my initial reading with it, as it is amazing….though I haven’t absorbed it yet and it will take time to fully understand it. The shape of it is the Star of David, which has become a pivotal spiritual conduit for me.

There are so many wonderful blessings to explore in this world; and getting these stones has opened a new realm. I thank God for all that has been given to us.

Thank you Trismegistus, nelsleep, and Fudugazi for sharing your wisdom and experiences with me. It confirms what I feel is felt beyond myself. Truly inspiring to go forward in my exploration. :)

:heart: indigo rose

ravenest

I absolutly LOVE lapis! I attribute it to Nu (or Nut or Nuit) in my Egyptian system, she is the Goddess of the night sky and the mother of all creation. The stone looks like the dark blue of the night sky with gold and silver stars and also sometimes swirls like the milky way.

Also Nuit, being a black Egyptian star goddess represents some of the oldests influences on Egyptian culture ... from central Africa and the sources of the Nile.

I attribute it to the top chakra (above the crown chakra)

Indigo Rose

ravenest said:
I absolutly LOVE lapis! I attribute it to Nu (or Nut or Nuit) in my Egyptian system, she is the Goddess of the night sky and the mother of all creation. The stone looks like the dark blue of the night sky with gold and silver stars and also sometimes swirls like the milky way.

Also Nuit, being a black Egyptian star goddess represents some of the oldests influences on Egyptian culture ... from central Africa and the sources of the Nile.

I attribute it to the top chakra (above the crown chakra)

That is beautiful! Yes, it does look like a night sky....I can see it.
I have other stones...don't know most of them, yet....they all feel different and are beautiful....BUT none of them are superior to the Lapis; a truly unique
gem.

mingbop

lapis is my favourite of all, perfect.

Indigo Rose

mingbop said:
lapis is my favourite of all, perfect.

Cool, Ming...then I am in good company. :)

KaiMoonshadow

Each piece of Lapis is said to have it's own protective spirit guardian and the stone promotes healing of the throat chakra, encouraging free speech and getting to the truth of every matter. It is a deeply peaceful stone :) Not to mention beautiful!