PDA

View Full Version : Crystals & Herbs to assist in Study

Somnilocus
08-02-2007, 03:12
Hello, :)

I would like to make some small pouches with herbs and crystals to assist my sister and I with school. However, I'm more familiar with the medicinal properites of herbs and crystals--not so much with their magickal uses. I'd like for the pouches to focus on concentration, study, memory, etc. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

BodhiSeed
08-02-2007, 06:01
Hi Somnilocus,
I've always used yellow or gold stones for my daughter's medicine pouches, such as amber, tiger's eye, pyrite and yellow citrine. Reminded me of the lightbulb clicking on! :lightbulb: :D

Bodhran

FantasyWorld
08-02-2007, 07:01
Fluorite

Somnilocus
08-02-2007, 22:17
Got the fluorite. :)

Bodhran, what is gold/yellow for? :)

BodhiSeed
09-02-2007, 01:56
Yellow and gold stones are usually associated with the solar plexus chakra, which for me personally, represents empowerment and self-confidence. Many people who are trying to learn can grasp the knowledge, but then falter at test time because of a fear that comes from a lack of confidence.

Here are some ideas from the "Crystal Bible" by Judy Hall:
Golden Calcite - mental alertness
Gold Tiger's Eye - taking tests, paying attention
Yellow Citrine - positive attitude, self-esteem
Amber - stimulates the intellect
Yellow Jasper - supports during times of stress, stimulates solar plexus chakra

Hope this is helpful :)
Bodhran

crystalwoman
09-02-2007, 02:05
When I'm recommending stones for students for concentration, study, memory I always recommend graphite, slate, green aventurine, yellow tiger-eye, sodalite, variegated jaspers, rainbow fluorites, hematite - and if it's possible to obtain, Iolite with sunstone included.

Somnilocus
09-02-2007, 02:22
Graphite? So, as an artist, I can just carry all my pencils around? =P

Bodhran, thanks for list!